+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only Super Visa applicants Please - Timeline 2018

roshveen

Feb 14, 2018
Hi Friends,

I have recently got Canada PR ( Federal) through Express entry. I have also received a job offer from a IT company. I intend to visit to canada in a months time. I have the following concerns and appreciate your support in finding a solution.

1. Can i bring my mother through Super Visa right now
2. What are the chances and how to apply for something which would help me to bring my mother to canada.

j0an

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, i have a few questions.Does your parents have travel history? Are they retired? Also, did they provide financial bank accounts when they apply?
Im planning to apply for my parents too.
Hello! Yes they both have travel history but they didn’t provide their bank accounts. Only proof of funds in the application is the sponsor’s (my sister) NOA. Good luck to you and your parents :)

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Supervisa online application applied on 7th december 2018(New Delhi Visa office)
Medical request on 19th december 2018
Medical done on 21st december 2018... waiting for the update.. anyone can tell me hw long does it take to update it on CIC account online. And how long does it take to get passpost request after that..
Hi

I m in the same timeline as your for a supervisa for my mother in law. Curious to know if you received any update on your file

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
I am working on the documents to bring my mother in law to visit us in Canada. I am currrntly in India for a couple more days. I was looking at the documents needed. On the checklist it says she needs a medical exam. Once my husband and I go back to Canada my mom in law will be visiting her daughter in uae. Is it possible to get a medical exam there? Does she need any paperwork to take with her for the exam?

yaros

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
The information on Canada Visa forum was very helpful in putting together the Super Visa application for my mom. Thanks to everyone who have shared their experiences in different threads, especially Bryanna for all your posts.

Timeline for my mom's online super visa application:
Application submitted: Nov. 15 (with upfront Medical examination)
Request for Passport: Dec 11
Passport Submitted (in Pune VFS office): Dec 13 (requested passport be mailed back to home address)
Visa Issued: Dec 17 (as per visa stamped on passport)
Passport Received: Dec 20
Visa Stamped: Multiple entry PG1 visa valid till date of expiration of passport (2026)

I lived in US for eight years before moving to Canada in 2016. My mom is a widow and I have no siblings. Her US visa applications had been rejected three times and UK visa application was rejected once when she was planning to do a UK + Europe tour with a tour group. Given these rejections I went with Super Visa option. I might have gone overboard in providing some documents, but here is the list -

- all required application forms (imm5257e, imm5645, imm5257b) + use of representative + authority to release personal information

Applicant:
- passport
- confirmed flight tickets (Apr-Jun)
- medical exam proof
- medical insurance (12 months)
- statement of financial investments in India
- property valuation
- letter of explanation (included private tuition photo - my mom is a teacher)
- digital photo

Host:
- bank statement
- letter of employment
- notice of assessment 2017
- T4 2017
- letter of invitation
- passport (proof of relationship)
- PR card

In the last five years my mom has visited five other countries (UAE, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore & Mauritius) as part of a tour group. I am not sure if this travel history helped as I believe all these countries have visa on arrival for Indian passport holders.

Hope this is helpful.
Glad it all worked out pretty fast. I have a question for you Do you or any of you on this forum know if we need to fill out the information for Biometrics on VFS Consent Form (India). We applied before the new requirements came out for Biometrics. And our application says Biometrics do not require. So I am not sure what to fill out on VFS Consent form. There are two options for Biometrics on Consent Form.
1st is Applicants wishing to provide biometrics
2nd is Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
For supervisa sponsoring:
1. Do we need to have T4 and NOA? Does job offer plus bank balance work? I was a student before and most of my money came as research grant, which is non taxable and NOA does not show it. I got a job in April 2018 -- T4 might come soon but NOA takes time. Can I apply without NOA and T4.

2. My mom got rejected Canada visitor visa once in 2014 with no travel history. She does not have travel history yet, so I want to apply for SuperVisa.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
For supervisa sponsoring:
1. Do we need to have T4 and NOA? Does job offer plus bank balance work? I was a student before and most of my money came as research grant, which is non taxable and NOA does not show it. I got a job in April 2018 -- T4 might come soon but NOA takes time. Can I apply without NOA and T4.

2. My mom got rejected Canada visitor visa once in 2014 with no travel history. She does not have travel history yet, so I want to apply for SuperVisa.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
I submitted both through my consultant but my mother in law or my parents also didnt have travel history.I am guessing if you meet the LICO then you should be fine. Good Luck.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
I am a bit confused about the income. I first read about having to show 3 years income. I’m wondering is the requirement for sponsoring parents different from what is required for supervisa?

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
I am a bit confused about the income. I first read about having to show 3 years income. I’m wondering is the requirement for sponsoring parents different from what is required for supervisa?
This I can tell you -- it is different -- that former is sponsoring for PR, which requires 3 years of financials to show, but Supervisa, does not say explicitly but people provide additional information to make their application strong.

Aarav123

Oct 10, 2013
Hello everyone,
I want to apply for my mother’s supervisa. I am planning to do a paper application at new delhi visa office.
My question is:
Do i have to send the passport along with the application or should i wait until its been asked to send by the visa office(if there are any changes from 1st jan 2019) Thank you!

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I’m applying for my parents super visa. They are based in the uae. When they tried to book an appointment for upfront Medicals with the panel physician in Sharjah he told them that upfront medicals are no longer done for super visa and that it just hasn’t been updated on the IRCC website. He said they should bring an IME form. What should I do?

Kawalrandhawa

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
Sharing timeline for readers. My Mother's Super-visa application.

Applied online from Canada: Dec 19, 2018
Medical Passed: Jan 08, 2019 (Submitted Upfront)
Background: Dint change at all
PPR: Jan 15, 2019 :)

P.S.: Visitor visa rejected in 2014, no ties and financials.

Good Luck to everyone awaiting response from CIC.

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
I’m applying for my parents super visa. They are based in the uae. When they tried to book an appointment for upfront Medicals with the panel physician in Sharjah he told them that upfront medicals are no longer done for super visa and that it just hasn’t been updated on the IRCC website. He said they should bring an IME form. What should I do?
I waited till they sent medical request for my mother in law.She just completed it on 15th january

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Supervisa online application applied on 7th december 2018(New Delhi Visa office)
Medical request on 19th december 2018
Medical done on 21st december 2018... waiting for the update.. anyone can tell me hw long does it take to update it on CIC account online. And how long does it take to get passpost request after that..
Any update? My mother in law also did her medical on 15th january.