+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY for Quebec Investor Program QIIP - Federal Stage since 2016 (Pls come in)

Kotokun

Jan 11, 2021
1) No
2) No
3) Yes
4) Yes

Please believe me when I tell you that you will have to wait a minimum of 49 months before your dream of getting to Quebec in anything other than tourist will be realised. There is NO early entry, your child will need an entry to school and a student visa to go there. If you wish to continue her education in English you will have to enrol her in a private school. Your child is not eligible for public English schools. She will be put in an immersion french program for a year or so. This is also only applicable after your PR. Getting a student visa for her at that age is unlikely. In the event that she does go, your wife will only be able to go on a visit visa, she will need to exit and re enter every six months. Also your wife will not be eligible for healthcare or benefits of any kind. In case of an emergency like covid everything will stop.
Please get into this knowing the truth. I have been through all of the above. My 49 months are up and yet my file is not complete. There is NO early pass. You wait your turn. It is terribly unfair but that’s the way it is. Quebec Business Class is the last priority of both MIDI and IRCC.
Hi Schehrazade, thank you very much for your honest feedback and advice, which do honestly match with my expectation :( (which I don't have much)

I need this clarity for me to plan ahead. Waiting for 49 months (or even longer) to me is not crucial, and it allows me to earn my salary for 4 more years, the period when I think my career is peaked. This is not bad as I then don't need to worry too much about money at the time when I am landing in Quebec.

Today I remitted the payment to the Financial Institution and so I have no way back. 4 years or maybe 5 years, at least I see a goal ahead of me and my family.

Schehrazade, hope you don't mind if I pm you in future if I have other issues that may need your advice.

Kotokun

Jan 11, 2021
Just one more piece of info I gathered:

For education, I have aborted the plan to go to public school. For international student, studying in public school is not free of charge and maybe just a bit cheaper than private school. I have talked to some education agent in quebec who still advised me to go to private school;

Agreeing that Business immigration's priority is low, but this is perhaps the only available option for my family. PEQ to me and my wife would be too difficult, especially the French requirement.

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Hi Schehrazade, thank you very much for your honest feedback and advice, which do honestly match with my expectation :( (which I don't have much)

I need this clarity for me to plan ahead. Waiting for 49 months (or even longer) to me is not crucial, and it allows me to earn my salary for 4 more years, the period when I think my career is peaked. This is not bad as I then don't need to worry too much about money at the time when I am landing in Quebec.

Today I remitted the payment to the Financial Institution and so I have no way back. 4 years or maybe 5 years, at least I see a goal ahead of me and my family.

Schehrazade, hope you don't mind if I pm you in future if I have other issues that may need your advice.
I am happy to help, please msg if you need more information. For the moment, you have time. And I see that you have a game plan. I really would not suggest schooling for your kids there unless it’s at university level. Go together as a family once you get your pr. Where have you applied from and do you know your visa office?

Thanate

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Bangkok
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Quebec Investor
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Hi, I received the CSQ under QIIP and is about to make payment to the Financial Institution for financing the investment. Before that I still have some concerns, mainly about the education of my daughters. Would like to seek help here:

1) in shielassi's post above, is there really an "early entry" for my family to move into Quebec before PR is granted?
2) my daughter will turn 13 yr old at the time she goes to Quebec, can she apply for public school and in particular English stream given the fact that for her age to take up a new language will pose significant barrier to her study;
3) Before our PR application is approved, does she still need to apply for student visa and does she need to get school's acceptance before she can apply for the visa?
4) if there is no "early entry", does it mean for us going to Quebec, our status is only "tourists"? My wife is planning to stay there to take care of her.

Thanks for your help.
We are in the same boat. Would you mind sharing your timeline and Visa Office?

Mine:
QIIP Application - Dec-18
CSQ Issued - Oct-19
Federal Application - Jan-20
Nothing updated since

Kotokun

Jan 11, 2021
We are in the same boat. Would you mind sharing your timeline and Visa Office?

Mine:
QIIP Application - Dec-18
CSQ Issued - Oct-19
Federal Application - Jan-20
Nothing updated since
Just remitted the fund to the financial institution and they said it takes 1-2 months to get the CSQ (Last Oct only got the letter, not CSQ, I misunderstood). So I don't know what Visa Office is..

So far the time line is:

QIIP Application - Mar19
Letter of Acceptance - Oct20

Reactions: Thanate

Thanate

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Bangkok
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Quebec Investor
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Dear all,

Just want to share a recent article about QIIP that might be of interest:

https://www.imidaily.com/tajicks-take/quebec-iips-future-hangs-in-the-balance-as-govt-to-decide-its-fate-in-march/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

Excerpt:
Some investors finally landing in Quebec today might have applied as far back as in 2012. Most of these individuals expected a 2-4 year processing time, making it very difficult for them to plan a future life in Quebec. It’s also unrealistic to expect high retention rates when the Quebec government’s action purposely increases processing times.

y_char

May 10, 2021
Hello All,

I have obtained my CSQ at 2020 Oct. and submitted my PR form at 2020 Aug. Waiting for the feedback from them since then~

Reactions: Thanate

SSF

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I am happy to help, please msg if you need more information. For the moment, you have time. And I see that you have a game plan. I really would not suggest schooling for your kids there unless it’s at university level. Go together as a family once you get your pr. Where have you applied from and do you know your visa office?
Hi Schehrazade,
Have you got approved and received invitation for arrival ?

Imran2016

Sep 23, 2022
Hello everyone ... I am a QIIP candidate since 2016 , got CSQ in 2018 , applied federal in Jan.2019 ...
Just got info through my agent that got some information validation request from Federal and as per them after submitting this validation will get medical in 3 to 5 months and then that's it ...
Can someone please inform if QIIP applied in 2016 still valid ? even the investment made up to five years, I could still expect my case is alive ?
or my agent just want to make more money from me which he always try to make more from my case !!!

I would be highly grateful for some one's expert opinion and or self experience close to my case ....

Thanks.

Imran2016

Sep 23, 2022
Since, I applied through mediator they keep password secret and I am always bound to accept their reply whether true or false..
As such can someone please help me out informing contact number to call direct to Canadian immigration/Quebec to find out my application
status ?
Thanks...

ManaGh

May 1, 2023
Hi Im
Hello everyone ... I am a QIIP candidate since 2016 , got CSQ in 2018 , applied federal in Jan.2019 ...
Just got info through my agent that got some information validation request from Federal and as per them after submitting this validation will get medical in 3 to 5 months and then that's it ...
Can someone please inform if QIIP applied in 2016 still valid ? even the investment made up to five years, I could still expect my case is alive ?
or my agent just want to make more money from me which he always try to make more from my case !!!

I would be highly grateful for some one's expert opinion and or self experience close to my case ....

Thanks.

Thanks.
Hi Imran , hope you are doing well, any update ? I could find your message as a most recent one ,
My husband and I applied for QIIP since 2018 and recently we got interview call for June , unfortunately we are in a same boat about keeping the password secret by our agent and we have to accept whatever she says!
It would be nice if you could share your updates

anoopyaar

Nov 17, 2021
Hi, anyone has any update on their files from Federal?
My file in Federal was submitted in June 2020. No clue what is going on.. but some of my group friends have received it their PR approvals. Their files in Federal were pending since mid to end 2018. I was wondering if any movement is happening in QIIP files or anyone has new updates to share