+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY for Quebec Investor Program QIIP - Federal Stage since 2016 (Pls come in)

map555

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
I am applying through agent and she said it is very difficult to tell right now as there are too many applicant. Under normal circumstances, we should receive the passport request/visa within 6 months after the police certificate but nowadays, very difficult to tell
difficult time for us.....

shielassi

Feb 19, 2020
Hi,

Can someone with CSQ under QIIP apply for a Work Permit? Let's say a business is registered in Quebec but no operation yet.

Thank you! and Happy New Year.

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
Hi,

Can someone with CSQ under QIIP apply for a Work Permit? Let's say a business is registered in Quebec but no operation yet.

Thank you! and Happy New Year.
I don’t think so . In federal since 2018 . What’s your timeline pls

shielassi

Feb 19, 2020
I don’t think so . In federal since 2018 . What’s your timeline pls
I am asking on behalf of a friend. He received his CSQ under QIIP on first week August 2018 and submitted his PR application in last week of August 2018.
In December 2019 he registered a mere company in Quebec and applied for Work Permit under C11 LMIA exemption code, in January 2020. He received a request letter from CIC last October 2020 asking to submit the letter from MIDI requesting for early entry, which doesn't have and not aware of at all. He contacted MIDI but the officer whom he talked confirmed that there is no such letter. He provided an explanation letter to CIC about the the MIDI officer have told him regarding the matter but CIC sent him again a request letter for the same and provided extension of the deadline. Personally, I don't think he is eligible to apply for WP in the first place, but his consultant advised him he is.

Kotokun

Jan 11, 2021
Hi, I received the CSQ under QIIP and is about to make payment to the Financial Institution for financing the investment. Before that I still have some concerns, mainly about the education of my daughters. Would like to seek help here:

1) in shielassi's post above, is there really an "early entry" for my family to move into Quebec before PR is granted?
2) my daughter will turn 13 yr old at the time she goes to Quebec, can she apply for public school and in particular English stream given the fact that for her age to take up a new language will pose significant barrier to her study;
3) Before our PR application is approved, does she still need to apply for student visa and does she need to get school's acceptance before she can apply for the visa?
4) if there is no "early entry", does it mean for us going to Quebec, our status is only "tourists"? My wife is planning to stay there to take care of her.

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Thanate

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Hi, I received the CSQ under QIIP and is about to make payment to the Financial Institution for financing the investment. Before that I still have some concerns, mainly about the education of my daughters. Would like to seek help here:

1) in shielassi's post above, is there really an "early entry" for my family to move into Quebec before PR is granted?
2) my daughter will turn 13 yr old at the time she goes to Quebec, can she apply for public school and in particular English stream given the fact that for her age to take up a new language will pose significant barrier to her study;
3) Before our PR application is approved, does she still need to apply for student visa and does she need to get school's acceptance before she can apply for the visa?
4) if there is no "early entry", does it mean for us going to Quebec, our status is only "tourists"? My wife is planning to stay there to take care of her.

Thanks for your help.
1) No
2) No
3) Yes
4) Yes

Please believe me when I tell you that you will have to wait a minimum of 49 months before your dream of getting to Quebec in anything other than tourist will be realised. There is NO early entry, your child will need an entry to school and a student visa to go there. If you wish to continue her education in English you will have to enrol her in a private school. Your child is not eligible for public English schools. She will be put in an immersion french program for a year or so. This is also only applicable after your PR. Getting a student visa for her at that age is unlikely. In the event that she does go, your wife will only be able to go on a visit visa, she will need to exit and re enter every six months. Also your wife will not be eligible for healthcare or benefits of any kind. In case of an emergency like covid everything will stop.
Please get into this knowing the truth. I have been through all of the above. My 49 months are up and yet my file is not complete. There is NO early pass. You wait your turn. It is terribly unfair but that’s the way it is. Quebec Business Class is the last priority of both MIDI and IRCC.

Reactions: Thanate