+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV Application for under 18 years old applicant. How to electronically s

HF

Apr 23, 2014
CIC is probably one of the most confused website I have already dolt with! Steps are very poor explained, help centre is restricted and not-friendly, information is hidden and there is no phone # to call for help.

I am in Brazil and my sixteen years old daughter is at Ohio taking part on an exchange student program. On May 14th, I, my wife and Son will pick her up at USA and intend to take a tourism trip through East of USA and East Canada.

I, my wife and my son have already applied for Canada Visit (temporary resident) Visas in paper here in Brazil. Since my daughter is at Ohio, we needed to apply online for her Visitor Visa (TRV). But it is simply not said on the filling application sequence of the website who is supposed to sign her application.

After her going to a supposed VAC in Columbus and being told by the attendant at USCIS (which is what in fact exists at the address showed at the CIC website) that he had nothing to do with Canada Visas, we found (via Google) a page at the website help centre saying that online applications for under 18 applicants should be electronically signed by the parent or legal guardian but, once again, not saying how it should be done.

I tried to link the application she was already filling to a MyCIC account that I have created for myself with no success. So I filled another form and uploaded all the documents with her data using my account and finally was able to submit the application yesterday, signing it with my MyCIC username and password. Can someone please confirm if that is the right way to proceed in this case?

I have received automated message saying the application has been received.

Thanks,

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
HF said:
CIC is probably one of the most confused website I have already dolt with! Steps are very poor explained, help centre is restricted and not-friendly, information is hidden and there is no phone # to call for help.
All the information you needed was in the CIC website. It might not be the most friendly ever, but it is friendly enough.

It is clear that all under 18 requests have to be done by parents or guardian, it says that in the forms. It is also stated in the website that you electronically sign the forms as the last step of your application (just before clicking continue and paying your fees).

Yes, you did it right, the application was received.

HF

Apr 23, 2014
Thanks for your answer.

I certainly do not intend to polemize but no doubt the sistem can be improved. It says on the forms they should be signed by the parent or legal guardian. But it is at least not said anywhere but in the page that I only found via Google (despite of having searched inside the website) that it should be eletronically (not in paper) signed.

It would be perfectly reasonable if I was asked to print the form, sign and then send it along with the passport. And, as I am in Brazil and my daughter is at Ohio, this would not be possible. That's why we lost our time searching for an information that should be clearly disposed at the website.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
HF said:
It would be perfectly reasonable if I was asked to print the form, sign and then send it along with the passport. And, as I am in Brazil and my daughter is at Ohio, this would not be possible. That's why we lost our time searching for an information that should be clearly disposed at the website.
It is possible, she could have sent her passport to you via courier, then you could do your stuff and after everything was done you could courier the passport back to her. I just did something like this for other TRV.

Always think of possibilities. There is always a way, you just have to be positive :)

HF

Apr 23, 2014
And, while the passport where in Brazil, for more than one month, she would be living in a foreign country (US) with no passport neither valid VISA. Simple as that.

I thank you for your attention.