+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Spousal PR application

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Do we really need to? When i validate 1344 form i get a pop up window that says this exactly "If you are aplying online, yo do not need to sign your application by hand. You will be asked to provide an electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC"
There is nowhere is says it needs to be on paper. Just by hand. I signed both by hand using a tablet.

Reactions: fahira

wildlaurel

Oct 21, 2021
Do we really need to? When i validate 1344 form i get a pop up window that says this exactly "If you are aplying online, yo do not need to sign your application by hand. You will be asked to provide an electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC"
I checked and it gives me the same message as you got. However, there have been instances when application was returned due to no signature. I would suggest you to be safe and print/sign/scan/upload. Turn around time for applications return is running around the same as AOR (around 60ish days).

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hello all, I have just recently submitted my wife n kid application on Nov 20. Didn’t receive any AOR or any acknowledgment mail. It’s just been 2 weeks, so understandable. I was wondering if anyone else planning to apply for visitor visa after applying for PR . Is it advisable? Considering the fact that the timelines are stretched due to lot of backlogs wanted to have them in Canada soon. Please suggest.

izz83

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Those who have submitted online, are you guys able to link your application to GC key account?

g.guerreroja

Aug 10, 2021
Hello all

I am starting this thread for people who are looking to apply for spousal sponsorship through the recently started online application process.

We can use this space to help each other with the online application.

About me:
Canadian PR who got recently married and looking to sponsor his wife who is in India at present. Would be applying for spousal PR online.
Hello! Yesterday i was trying to upload all the forms and documents on the online platform to finally submit my application. I made a mistake when uploading my passport, so i deleted it to upload it again but i haven't been able since, when i try to upload it i get a message: "There was a technical error when handling your request. Please try again later."
It's been like this for almost 24 hours. Its gettign really frustrating. Is this normal? Does anybody know what should i do? Should i wait a little longer? I was really hoping to submit my application today or tomorrow at most.

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021
Hello! Yesterday i was trying to upload all the forms and documents on the online platform to finally submit my application. I made a mistake when uploading my passport, so i deleted it to upload it again but i haven't been able since, when i try to upload it i get a message: "There was a technical error when handling your request. Please try again later."
It's been like this for almost 24 hours. Its gettign really frustrating. Is this normal? Does anybody know what should i do? Should i wait a little longer? I was really hoping to submit my application today or tomorrow at most.
Have you tried the step of re-sending on another computer? Or else, open the browser, clean the cache, then log back into the online platform and try your re-submission.

Sharmrad

Feb 24, 2021
Hello .So i applied an outland application for my husband on sept 19 through online portal .Just want to ask Has anyone heard back or got their AOR yet ?? I haven’t receive anything till now .Little Worried :(

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hello .So i applied an outland application for my husband on sept 19 through online portal .Just want to ask Has anyone heard back or got their AOR yet ?? I haven’t receive anything till now .Little Worried :(
Too early to start to worry

NataliaR

Feb 2, 2021
I had the same issue and was able to resolve it by changing the name of the file (shortened it). Good luck!

Reactions: armoured

nvgajera37@gmail.com

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Hello everyone,
I hope everyone are safe and doing good. I am PR holder of CANADA. I am
Planning to sponsor my spouse for Canadian PR.
My question is which method is good Online sponsor file or offline file. I just curious to
Know is online portal for sponsor file is working just fine? How long system will take to send AOR for sponsor file?
Appreciate your valuable suggestions.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,
I hope everyone are safe and doing good. I am PR holder of CANADA. I am
Planning to sponsor my spouse for Canadian PR.
My question is which method is good Online sponsor file or offline file. I just curious to
Know is online portal for sponsor file is working just fine? How long system will take to send AOR for sponsor file?
Appreciate your valuable suggestions.
Overall so far most seem to find it works - don't see major issues.

But so far it's not faster, the same 30-90 days to aor.

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Hello, how did you complete IMM 5406 in Native language? I am applying online and not sure where to enter Native language. response will be appreciated.