+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Spousal PR application

Aug 23, 2019
I put all the photos in a Microsoft Word topic, including explanations for each photo and converted this to a pdf before submitting.

I'd advice you just follow the document checklist so every document about same thing can be scanned as photos, added to a Microsoft Word document and converted to a pdf before upload. We did this for our receipts and proof of combined expenses.

Any documents where you and your partner have to sign (I think there are just two of this in our case) should be signed physically or with a scanned signature before uploading. The documents that require only the Principal Applicant's signature do not have to be signed (In our case, about four of this forms were already available to fill electronically online). There is a final entry for the principal applicant to fill in their full name as an electronic signature before submission.

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
I put all the photos in a Microsoft Word topic, including explanations for each photo and converted this to a pdf before submitting.

I'd advice you just follow the document checklist so every document about same thing can be scanned as photos, added to a Microsoft Word document and converted to a pdf before upload. We did this for our receipts and proof of combined expenses.

Any documents where you and your partner have to sign (I think there are just two of this in our case) should be signed physically or with a scanned signature before uploading. The documents that require only the Principal Applicant's signature do not have to be signed (In our case, about four of this forms were already available to fill electronically online). There is a final entry for the principal applicant to fill in their full name as an electronic signature before submission.
Hi how did you upload passport size photos?

stephaniekh

Aug 30, 2021
Just submitted my online application today. I had uploaded probably over 20 separate files to the application and did the same thing for photos in putting them into a word doc together.

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Just submitted my online application today. I had uploaded probably over 20 separate files to the application and did the same thing for photos in putting them into a word doc together.
Hi what you did for the PR photo? did you size it 50 x 70? if yes how? and did you upload separate pdf for back side of the photo?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I took a picture with a photographer. I asked him to email me the digital jpg file. I used it in an iOS app to comply with specs for free:
https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/passport-photo-id-photo/id917389447

Then on the printed copy I asked the photographer to enter details, scanned it as “Photo - Back”.
I used https://passport-photo.online/en-ca to get a jpeg copy with the right format and scanned the back page with the photographer details in pdf.
So you guys submitted two different files, one as a photographs as specified and another the scan of the back side of the actual physical photographs?

San050403

Jun 8, 2021
So you guys submitted two different files, one as a photographs as specified and another the scan of the back side of the actual physical photographs?
Yes, one with the name “lastname - first name - photo - front - 1.jpg” and another “lastname - first name - photo - back - 1.jgp”. For the Front photo I did what I mentioned before. For the Back photo I simply scanned the backside of the original hard print.

Reactions: PhdStream

San050403

Jun 8, 2021
Thanks! So I guess the online system is still new.

my questions:

1- which forms do we have to sign electronically? and which forms we should sign by hand and then scan?
2-how do we submit pics and we label (describe the pics)?
3-there are a lot of supporting documents (like airline tickets, boarding pass, marriage cards etc) can we upload all separately?
I printed the signature page of two forms, me and my spouse signed it and scanned it to prepare a signed form.
This link has details on which form to sign and upload:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

SH_2323

Oct 1, 2021
Hi,
I am glad to come across this forum as I am getting ready to apply for spousal sponsorship. I am a Canadian citizen, currently residing in my home country, Bangladesh. Can I apply for spousal sponsorship online or mine has to be paper application since I am living outside Canada?

izz83

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Hi,
I am glad to come across this forum as I am getting ready to apply for spousal sponsorship. I am a Canadian citizen, currently residing in my home country, Bangladesh. Can I apply for spousal sponsorship online or mine has to be paper application since I am living outside Canada?
yes you can apply online from bangladesh. make sure you let them know in an explanation letter or show them proof that u will be returning back to canada soon or along with your wife.

adiGr

Apr 7, 2019
Hi, Im a PR. I have applied for my wife's (outland) PR online on 2021/10/09

Last edited:

marioB96

Sep 15, 2020
Regina
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21 March 2019
Doc's Request.
14 July 2020
AOR Received.
8 May 2019
Hello everyone, so Im new to this group and Im looking to apply online for Spouse sponsorhsip (living outside of Canada).
Me as the sponsor,I have to sign physically my forms and then send them to her so she can sign and then upload online in the account, is that right?

wildlaurel

Oct 21, 2021
Hello everyone, so Im new to this group and Im looking to apply online for Spouse sponsorhsip (living outside of Canada).
Me as the sponsor,I have to sign physically my forms and then send them to her so she can sign and then upload online in the account, is that right?
IMM 1344 & 5532 (& 5536 or any other country specific forms) need to be signed on paper by both PA & sponsor. You can then scan and upload.

Reactions: marioB96