+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Kimberlit

Feb 28, 2022
My 'waiting for you' status disappeared 9 days after I took the test however test is still 'in progress' status.
Same with me. I took the test on Feb 7. Any update ?? It's so frustrating. I don't know why it took so long. Is it normal??? At least we should know the test status. We passed but why they don't update. Is it so difficult for the officer to confirm that. I'm exhausted.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
Same with me. I took the test on Feb 7. Any update ?? It's so frustrating. I don't know why it took so long. Is it normal??? At least we should know the test status. We passed but why they don't update. Is it so difficult for the officer to confirm that. I'm exhausted.

I hate to give you bad news, but if your tracker is not updated yet (in your case 20 days so far), they will possibly claim "technical difficulties". I completed my test NOVEMBER 2021, and still "in progress" on my tracker.

I called them a few weeks ago and finally got connected after trying for 3-4 weeks everyday. The agent said "you probably had technical difficulties". What a joke. Their website must be full of glitches. I did everything correctly. I got an email at the end that said I passed with 19/20. I said if there was any "technical difficulties" as you mention, or if you want me to re-do the test, you should have sent me a new link within a reasonable amount of time. It's been 3 months and still nothing. She said she has no control and just wait.

Yet 2021 applicants are getting citizenship after 8-9 months. On this forum and also on facebook, I have seen thousands of 2021 applicants saying they already have citizenship and passport in hand. The fastest 2021 applicant I saw so far , was 5 months. 5 months !!!! I have been waiting 3 years..

I don't know with which logic they are processing NEWER applications FASTER.

This situation is SO depressing. I'm in a limbo state with no end in sight.

Please see video below in the article.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433

What should we do ?????

What can we do ??????

I have already given all my information to my local MP, and the MP assistant said she will ask IRCC and it will take 10 business days for an answer. Well.......today is the 10th business day, and no luck.

Reactions: Kimberlit

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
Covid......Afghanistan issue........Truckers...........Now Ukraine. IRCC is just using every excuse they can.

While I sympathize with the situation around the world, and understand they are very important issues. In that case, they should not be doing any applications then. Why only focusing on 2021 applications ????? Why ?

Reactions: Kimberlit

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Covid......Afghanistan issue........Truckers...........Now Ukraine. IRCC is just using every excuse they can.

While I sympathize with the situation around the world, and understand they are very important issues. In that case, they should not be doing any applications then. Why only focusing on 2021 applications ????? Why ?
I completely agree with you. It is completely unfair. I am also waiting since March 2020 and no invite of test yet. Not even one. They burried my file... No idea. :(

Kimberlit

Feb 28, 2022
I hate to give you bad news, but if your tracker is not updated yet (in your case 20 days so far), they will possibly claim "technical difficulties". I completed my test NOVEMBER 2021, and still "in progress" on my tracker.

I called them a few weeks ago and finally got connected after trying for 3-4 weeks everyday. The agent said "you probably had technical difficulties". What a joke. Their website must be full of glitches. I did everything correctly. I got an email at the end that said I passed with 19/20. I said if there was any "technical difficulties" as you mention, or if you want me to re-do the test, you should have sent me a new link within a reasonable amount of time. It's been 3 months and still nothing. She said she has no control and just wait.

Yet 2021 applicants are getting citizenship after 8-9 months. On this forum and also on facebook, I have seen thousands of 2021 applicants saying they already have citizenship and passport in hand. The fastest 2021 applicant I saw so far , was 5 months. 5 months !!!! I have been waiting 3 years..

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433

What should we do ?????

What can we do ??????

I have already given all my information to my local MP, and the MP assistant said she will ask IRCC and it will take 10 business days for an answer. Well.......today is the 10th business day, and no luck.
Thank you for your response. Sorry to hear that. I hope they send a new test link for you as soon as possible. You are right. They will probably claim technical issues for me as well. It is still "in progress" ,no update.. However, I did not have any issue like you. Everything was as it should be. I got so upset. We will see :((
I cannot believe they are processing newer applications faster. It is not fair at all.

emmycad

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Yes. I passed and the test was quite a breeze tbh, had no camera issues and could see myself in the corner bottom right throughout the test. However, its been 2 weeks past and I am yet to receive a completed status on my test. Mine is in Kitchener.
Hi, what is your situation now? Have you now received a completed status? I am in the same situation now and mine is also Kitchener.

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Hi, what is your situation now? Have you now received a completed status? I am in the same situation now and mine is also Kitchener.
Unfortunately nothing has changed for me. How long have you been waiting coz for me I am about to complete a month since I took the test. People have been getting completed status with a day or two and here I am a month after still waiting. Only update came 9 calendar days after the test where the 'waiting on you' disappeared but test still showing in progress.

lingow

Dec 30, 2020
I got a test invite, with a March 4-March 24th window. I'm out of the country; I emailed right away as instructed and have not yet received a response. How long do they take to respond to "Outside Canada" emails? If I don't hear from them before the end of the window, can I just take the test at the link they sent?

emmycad

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Unfortunately nothing has changed for me. How long have you been waiting coz for me I am about to complete a month since I took the test. People have been getting completed status with a day or two and here I am a month after still waiting. Only update came 9 calendar days after the test where the 'waiting on you' disappeared but test still showing in progress.
I wish i can understand the pattern for which these applications are processed. I have been waiting since feb 21. I want to believe that if they are invalidating the test, they would have called before now. Let's keep hoping for the best. By the way, have you called or email them all these while?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017

What should we do ?????

What can we do ??????

2 years so far, still waiting....

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I got a test invite, with a March 4-March 24th window. I'm out of the country; I emailed right away as instructed and have not yet received a response. How long do they take to respond to "Outside Canada" emails? If I don't hear from them before the end of the window, can I just take the test at the link they sent?
Do not take the test before they give you a "go". Wait for their approval.
I'm planning to take oath outside Canada. You?

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
I wish i can understand the pattern for which these applications are processed. I have been waiting since feb 21. I want to believe that if they are invalidating the test, they would have called before now. Let's keep hoping for the best. By the way, have you called or email them all these while?
Only time I emailed - the test invitation email reply button -was two or three days after the test when I got really anxious when I did not receive the 'completed' status and got an immediate reply the next day that an officer will review and accordingly update the file, pretty standard and generic reply I would say and then I thought I would just be patient and wait because I have seen a few others who saw the status change to completed after 5 to 7 weeks and some even had all the remaining milestones completed all at once between a month to three months time. However, some have been waiting endlessly like one guy I saw was in an unfortunate situation of waiting endlessly for months together. Honestly, I dont know what to expect and waiting how long would be ideal before I initiate a contact again.

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
I am starting to think that I may be one of the unlucky ones as well. June 2021 applicant. I had my Background Check completed in November. Radio silence since then. IRCC needs to seriously correct the way they process applications. Zero transparency, lackadaisical, and a "trust me bro" attitude when it comes to providing any information.

Also, why are agents who deal with Citizenship getting involved in other applications? What does a war in Ukraine have to do with my application that I worked hard for and paid them to process? What they need to do is hire more people, create a department that deals with emergencies, like the situation in Ukraine, Afghanistan, etc., without putting our applications in limbo as well as to clear that backlog.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreamlad