Online citizenship test

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
My tracker is showing

Waiting on You
Fingerprints required
Background verification

And still not have received any email or letter, do you guys have idea how long it will take to get letter ?
And my 2nd question is do I have any option to do the fingerprints in USA or I have to return back ??

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
My tracker is showing

Waiting on You
Fingerprints required
Background verification

And still not have received any email or letter, do you guys have idea how long it will take to get letter ?
And my 2nd question is do I have any option to do the fingerprints in USA or I have to return back ??
You can do fingerprints from pretty much anywhere in the world

Reactions: varlam and raaj051

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
I completed my online citizenship test in the end of November 2021. I still have not received an update of "completed" on the tracker , It still says in progress on the test section. Should I call them ? Has anyone else had such a delay after their online test ?

Reactions: thegreat0001

thegreat0001

Feb 12, 2018
I completed my online citizenship test in the end of November 2021. I still have not received an update of "completed" on the tracker , It still says in progress on the test section. Should I call them ? Has anyone else had such a delay after their online test ?
I have the same issue.
I passed test in middle of November and the status of the test is still not changed to completed and no update since I received test invite.
Still don't know what to do!

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
So, I have completed my Third Test today (this time MS Teams) in last 9 months.
I have passed all three times.
Now lets see how much longer.

Reactions: varlam

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
So, I have completed my Third Test today (this time MS Teams) in last 9 months.
I have passed all three times.
Now lets see how much longer.
What was the problem each time ? Did you see yourself during the test? I took a photo of my ID, and photo of myself, no issues. I made sure when it said allow webcams I clicked yes. I made sure all settings were on "allow" on my computer, but during the test I did not see myself, , I have read on this forum now that you are supposed to see yourself or it will probably be a re-test. So frustrating because I passed and this was Nov 2021 and still no update on my tracker !

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
What was the problem each time ? Did you see yourself during the test? I took a photo of my ID, and photo of myself, no issues. I made sure when it said allow webcams I clicked yes. I made sure all settings were on "allow" on my computer, but during the test I did not see myself, , I have read on this forum now that you are supposed to see yourself or it will probably be a re-test. So frustrating because I passed and this was Nov 2021 and still no update on my tracker !
1st time they said that they weren't able to see my ID properly. I was saving my photos also and they were clear. 2nd time they objected that they weren't able to record me (which was weird because my spouse used the same setup and test got accepted).
Both times I wasn't able to see myself but my camera light was on and Google Chrome was showing that I am being recorded.
I got detailed comments of officers through GCMS.
Third time is the charm and I was hoping for MS teams to get over this technical issue whatever they are having.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
1st time they said that they weren't able to see my ID properly. I was saving my photos also and they were clear. 2nd time they objected that they weren't able to record me (which was weird because my spouse used the same setup and test got accepted).
Both times I wasn't able to see myself but my camera light was on and Google Chrome was showing that I am being recorded.
Third time is the charm and I was hoping for MS teams to get over this technical issue whatever they are having.
What is the GCMS , how do you access that. I am checking my status on the status tracker only. Do you mean you requested to have the information given to you and they gave the notes ? Such a frustrating process. There are applicants who applied Jan 2021, and already scheduled for oath. There is no consistency in their processing at all. All over the place, it's a joke.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
Also, how long after each time, did it take them to reschedule you. So far I have done the 1st test Nov 2021, and it still says in progress. There are no updates, and they do not answer webform. When they finally respond the webform, they just give a cut and paste response not relevant to anything I mentioned to them. Also, I tried to email the invitation email, again just a cut and paste response not relevant to my question.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
What is the GCMS , how do you access that. I am checking my status on the status tracker only. Do you mean you requested to have the information given to you and they gave the notes ? Such a frustrating process. There are applicants who applied Jan 2021, and already scheduled for oath. There is no consistency in their processing at all. All over the place, it's a joke.
Yes that is GCMS notes.......took 30 days to come by........just to read those three lines and understand what is the hold up.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Also, how long after each time, did it take them to reschedule you. So far I have done the 1st test Nov 2021, and it still says in progress. There are no updates, and they do not answer webform. When they finally respond the webform, they just give a cut and paste response not relevant to anything I mentioned to them. Also, I tried to email the invitation email, again just a cut and paste response not relevant to my question.
1st time it took 3 months. 2nd time nearly 6 months......yeah its frustrating.