+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Praveena544

Jul 18, 2017
I sent them a request to do the exam from outside Canada and they responded as:
An absence of Canada has been added to your file. Please send us proof of your departure from Canada at your earliest convenience.

Please send us a copy of your plane ticket, boarding pass and passport entry stamp after your return to Canada.

To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period.

any one received the same message?
Hello,

Did you get any update yet?

meghalp

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Hello Everyone, Today My wife gave her citizenship test and She got a pop-up message that your webcam is not recording, She clicked okay on the pop-up message and kicked out of the session, She logged in again within 1-2minutes, The time counter was running as normal, She reviewed answers and submitted.
She passed her test.
any one face same issue like this ?
Do they approve this result or she will have to give retest?
Any idea?

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hello everyone I passed my test today do you guys have any idea when will they send me the official results or will update my account status?
Thanks

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hi everyone!

Can someone give me an advise?

I took my citizenship test online today. During the test, only one tab with test itself was open, but when I started the test (on the 1st question) I realized that forgot to close my mailbox with the link on the test (I use a separate program for this). I quickly switched and closed the box and returned back. I`ve got the message pop up saying that I`m about to leave the exam and I choose to go Back. I did not cheat as everything was closed during the test and I was looking straight to the screen. I`ve passed the test but now have a question.
Can it be considered as a cheating? Am I in trouble? The closing e-mail box took me just 3 sec.

Thank you!
Any update?

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
I had to click on "I'm back" as well because a notification kept popping up about a USB port removal.

Did you have to give the test again? I'm worried that I will have to take the test again because of this, but I did not cheat, I just went to close that laptop notification.
Any updates?

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hello friends can someone please guide me what does the citizenship test completed mean? I did my test few days ago and today when I checked my online status it shows completed. Does it mean they have validate my test also when I will get my official scores of test?
Please help!!!

Last edited:

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey Folks,

I am in a similar (Outside Canada) situation, applied online in March 2022, AOR in April 2022, got my BG Completed on October 25, 2022 and received test invitation on October 27, 2022 (Window: Oct 31 - Nov 21, 2022).

I passed my test from Outside Canada on November 1, 2022 and until now my online tracker is still showing test in progress / 'waiting on you'.

What do you think would happen in our situation? Any idea?

I am so stressed not knowing what will happen next. Some people here in this forum mentioned that my file will be put on hold until I return back. Please advise what should I do next.

Appreciate your feedback on this.

MDoha

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2015
Doc's Request.
01/02/16
Nomination.....
20/04/16
Nothing changes. :(( I hate this. At least if I see I passed the exam, I will just wait. Although I had no any technical issue or something during the exam, still they did not update my test results. Through MP, the responsible officer said, he could not find the test results on the system, but this is normal. I don't get it. :(((

This is from IRCC:
  • Citizenship application of 27 May led to 7 February 2022 exam;
  • Agent did not find results, but mentioned that it is early to have received results.
  • Assessments are as follows:
. background checks: prohibition (1,095 day long process),

. criminality and security are in progress.
Did your test changed to complete ? I did the test last Sept online via teams with an agent and passed , but status shies in progress .

MDoha

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2015
Doc's Request.
01/02/16
Nomination.....
20/04/16
Hi members, I completed my Citizenship test on May 19th and received the test completed email with a pass mark. Its been almost 2 months but my tracker is still showing Citizenship Test as 'In Progress'. My spouse took the test same day and got the 'Completed' status 9 days later. Any reason for delay in mine? My Background verification shows 'Completed'. Should I be concerned? Should I contact CIC? If yes would like info on how.
Thanks a lot
Did your test changed to complete ? I did the test last Sept online via teams with an agent and passed , but status shies in progress

nirmalramaraj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Hey Folks,

I am in a similar (Outside Canada) situation, applied online in March 2022, AOR in April 2022, got my BG Completed on October 25, 2022 and received test invitation on October 27, 2022 (Window: Oct 31 - Nov 21, 2022).

I passed my test from Outside Canada on November 1, 2022 and until now my online tracker is still showing test in progress / 'waiting on you'.

What do you think would happen in our situation? Any idea?

I am so stressed not knowing what will happen next. Some people here in this forum mentioned that my file will be put on hold until I return back. Please advise what should I do next.

Appreciate your feedback on this.
Have you got an update?