+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

kiranali

Jun 22, 2017
anyone got the recent test date and they are outside Canada - by telling them that you are not here will it effect the application process, any delays or after the email you can give the test, if anyone can share thier recent experience.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hello,

Today I took my test. However, during the test I noticed that two tabs were open. Without switching to the other tabs, clicked on the X on the tab icons and closed them. I didn’t cheat. However, every time I clicked on the next question, the pop-up message showed up and warned that I’m leaving the exam. I had to click on “I’m back”. Did anyone have the same experience? The message showed up 10 times every time I clicked on “next question”. I don’t know why. I think I messed it up :-( I really tried and prepared well. I’m so sad and disappointed . Anyone with the same experience?

Reactions: UM TOMI

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Oh same thing it happened with me when ever I press next question !! I had my tests April 9 2022 so please tell me if There’s any updates for u cz am worried too about it
Hello, any updates yet? I had exactly the same issue.

My SO took her test on Monday (May 2). Test was marked complete yesterday (May 3). Montreal LVO.

Timeline is very similar to mine: Applied online: Aug 28, 2021 | AOR: Nov 15, 2021 | Test Invite: Apr 04, 2022 | Test Taken: May 02, 2022 (Marked complete: May 03, 2022)

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Did anyone experience someone from CIC reaching out by email after the test?

My wife took test on May 02 but status is still not updating. Today noon time we received an email from an cic.gc.ca email address requesting Photo ID for verification.

My wife was bit of panicking during the exam and could not remember for sure if she took pic of photo ID.

Now I am in dilemma whether the email is legit or fraud?
I do not want to be part of some identity theft scam.

Did anyone face similar situation?

TIA

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Did anyone experience someone from CIC reaching out by email after the test?

My wife took test on May 02 but status is still not updating. Today noon time we received an email from an cic.gc.ca email address requesting Photo ID for verification.

My wife was bit of panicking during the exam and could not remember for sure if she took pic of photo ID.

Now I am in dilemma whether the email is legit or fraud?
I do not want to be part of some identity theft scam.

Did anyone face similar situation?

TIA
What is the email address, especially the extension?

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
What is the email address, especially the extension?
It is from @cic.gc.ca alright? Supposed to be legit request. However, the email we received is from a person (not sure if I can share the name) and the other more official looking email address provided in the email bounces back instantly.
I am trying to include redacted snapshot of the email, if I can.

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Snapshot didn't work - here is text of the email:

Also note difference in the email address in english and french versions of the mail

Good day,
Please read the attached request carefully and make sure to follow the instructions given to respond to this email.
You are receiving this notice because we were unable to verify your photo identification (ID) required during the online test.
In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to accept the results of your online test, a copy of your photo ID is required. Acceptable photo ID includes, a valid (not expired) ID with your photo and signature on it (for example, driver's licence or health card), or a Permanent Residence Card (even if it is expired). If you do not have a photo ID, please provide an explanation.

You have thirty (30) days to send us a scanned copy or photo of your piece of ID at email below or reply to this email: IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipETestExamenenligneCitonneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. If we do not receive a copy of your ID or an explanation why you do not have a photo ID, you may be required to take the citizenship test again or proceed to a hearing with a citizenship officer.
If you have any questions, please contact us as soon as possible at the email address above.
The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you

Bonjour,
Veuillez lire attentivement la demande ci-jointe et vous assurer de bien respecter les consignes données afin de répondre à ce courriel.
Vous recevez cet avis car nous n'avons pas été en mesure de valider la pièce d’identité requise lors de votre examen en ligne.
Afin que Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) puisse accepter les résultats de votre examen en ligne, vous devez faire parvenir une copie de votre pièce d’identité avec photo. Les pièces d’identité acceptables sont les suivantes : une pièce d’identité valide (non expirée) avec votre photo et votre signature (par exemple, un permis de conduire ou une carte de santé), ou une carte de résident permanent (même si elle est expirée). Si vous ne disposez pas d’une pièce d’identité avec photo, veuillez fournir une explication.
Vous avez trente (30) jours pour nous envoyer une copie numérisée ou une photo de votre pièce d’identité à l’adresse courriel RCC.DNSCRCitizenshipETestExamenenligneCitonneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.Si nous ne recevons pas une copie de votre pièce d’identité ou une explication de la raison pour laquelle vous n’avez pas de pièce d’identité avec photo, il est possible que vous devrez reprendre l’examen de citoyenneté ou procéder à une audition avec un(e) agent(e) de la citoyenneté.
Si vous avez des questions, contactez-nous dès que possible par courriel à l’adresse courriel ci-dessus.
Le présent message peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés. L'utilisation de ces renseignements par une personne autre que le destinataire voulu est formellement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur et supprimer toutes les copies en votre possession.
Merci.

UM TOMI

Oct 19, 2016
Hi
If you pass the test and they said your results were invalidated due to tech issues ( disconnection) but , in fact, there was no disconnection during the test, the camera was on , the internet was perfect, no problem during the test. Would you discuss this situation with them and ask them for more details why they said there was a disconnection?
Anyone faced the same problem? Any advice?

iceman55

May 1, 2022

Also note difference in the email address in english and french versions of the mail

Good day,
Please read the attached request carefully and make sure to follow the instructions given to respond to this email.
You are receiving this notice because we were unable to verify your photo identification (ID) required during the online test.
In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to accept the results of your online test, a copy of your photo ID is required. Acceptable photo ID includes, a valid (not expired) ID with your photo and signature on it (for example, driver's licence or health card), or a Permanent Residence Card (even if it is expired). If you do not have a photo ID, please provide an explanation.

You have thirty (30) days to send us a scanned copy or photo of your piece of ID at email below or reply to this email: IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipETestExamenenligneCitonneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. If we do not receive a copy of your ID or an explanation why you do not have a photo ID, you may be required to take the citizenship test again or proceed to a hearing with a citizenship officer.
If you have any questions, please contact us as soon as possible at the email address above.
The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you

Bonjour,
Veuillez lire attentivement la demande ci-jointe et vous assurer de bien respecter les consignes données afin de répondre à ce courriel.
Vous recevez cet avis car nous n'avons pas été en mesure de valider la pièce d’identité requise lors de votre examen en ligne.
Afin que Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) puisse accepter les résultats de votre examen en ligne, vous devez faire parvenir une copie de votre pièce d’identité avec photo. Les pièces d’identité acceptables sont les suivantes : une pièce d’identité valide (non expirée) avec votre photo et votre signature (par exemple, un permis de conduire ou une carte de santé), ou une carte de résident permanent (même si elle est expirée). Si vous ne disposez pas d’une pièce d’identité avec photo, veuillez fournir une explication.
Vous avez trente (30) jours pour nous envoyer une copie numérisée ou une photo de votre pièce d’identité à l’adresse courriel RCC.DNSCRCitizenshipETestExamenenligneCitonneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.Si nous ne recevons pas une copie de votre pièce d’identité ou une explication de la raison pour laquelle vous n’avez pas de pièce d’identité avec photo, il est possible que vous devrez reprendre l’examen de citoyenneté ou procéder à une audition avec un(e) agent(e) de la citoyenneté.
Si vous avez des questions, contactez-nous dès que possible par courriel à l’adresse courriel ci-dessus.
Le présent message peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés. L'utilisation de ces renseignements par une personne autre que le destinataire voulu est formellement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur et supprimer toutes les copies en votre possession.
Merci.
I don't know if these emails are common after taking the test but as long as you are using a secure email provider that supports SSL like gmail, and the receiving email ends with a proper Canadian government domain such as @cic.gc.ca (without any typo etc) it should end up in a Canadian government mailbox.

It's weird their French template has a different email address but it's possible it's a genuine typo.

Some of the scam text messages/emails after the yearly tax due date are common but unlike citizenship most people file taxes. In this case, it appears to be a very specific email and the sender should have known you took a citizenship test very recently.

My guess would be it's a legitimate email as long as the "mailto:" link behind the email addresses are not leading you to a different email than what's on the email text.

If you really want to be sure, may be you can try to talk to IRCC by phone and verify this deficiency in your test and then can send it?

It's ultimately a judgement call.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
@Pratikkumar Also if you are using gmail you can check for a message like shown in this image.

You can also expand the full header and see if gmail is able to confirm if the message came from the cic.gc.ca domain

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Good day,

Thank you

Bonjour,
Merci.
Completed the test Mon, 16 May,
Requested for clear Photo ID, Tue, 17 May,
Test marked completed, Wed, 18 May.
Tracker updated today morning

Last edited:

LeeAH

Apr 22, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi members, I hope someone could offer me some insight to what could be going on with my application. I did my test online on the 27th June 2022 and it is still showing "in progress" today, my wife did hers on the 5th July and it showed "complete" on 12th July 2022. I was previously asked to submit a copy of ID in May before I was scheduled for online test, as they say it wasn't in my application, I did this in May. do you think they might not have received the copy of my ID and that's why they cant validate my test?
Is nearly 3 weeks after test to long to wait for it to show completed