+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi members, I hope someone could offer me some insight to what could be going on with my application. I did my test online on the 27th June 2022 and it is still showing "in progress" today, my wife did hers on the 5th July and it showed "complete" on 12th July 2022. I was previously asked to submit a copy of ID in May before I was scheduled for online test, as they say it wasn't in my application, I did this in May. do you think they might not have received the copy of my ID and that's why they cant validate my test?
Is nearly 3 weeks after test to long to wait for it to show completed
Was your application online?
How did you submit the copy of your ID? By webform or email? If email, is it a generic IRCC email, the local office email, or to a specific officer?
It's strange your application wasn't rejected at the AOR stage if there was no ID. At least for paper, they seem to return the application even after the AOR if they find something missing that's wasn't identified during the AOR.

LeeAH

Apr 22, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
Was your application online?
How did you submit the copy of your ID? By webform or email? If email, is it a generic IRCC email, the local office email, or to a specific officer?
It's strange your application wasn't rejected at the AOR stage if there was no ID. At least for paper, they seem to return the application even after the AOR if they find something missing that's wasn't identified during the AOR.
My application was paper, I submitted a copy of my ID with my original application, but they must have not liked the copy or misplaced it. My AOR is April 12th, I received an email from them May 18th 2022 asking to email a copy which I did to the address they provided, May 28th background changed to completed and June was scheduled for test between 24th June and 14th July, which I did 27th June.
This is what I am confused about, Why hasn't my test completed yet if its an ID issue, yet the background check completed and I was scheduled for a test after they requested the additional information (ID)

iceman55

May 1, 2022
My application was paper, I submitted a copy of my ID with my original application, but they must have not liked the copy or misplaced it. My AOR is April 12th, I received an email from them May 18th 2022 asking to email a copy which I did to the address they provided, May 28th background changed to completed and June was scheduled for test between 24th June and 14th July, which I did 27th June.
This is what I am confused about, Why hasn't my test completed yet if its an ID issue, yet the background check completed and I was scheduled for a test after they requested the additional information (ID)
Just curious what ID documents did you submit with the original application. For instance, I believe some provinces don't have photos on their health cards which some officers might consider valid others might not. So may be your document was in a grey area like that? Or was it too new like issued very recently at the time of your application? Also, did your appearance change significantly between the ID and the photos you provided?

It's very likely a simple issue of the ID copies being misplaced but just seems like a unique case. No cause for worry since they called your for test and plenty of people that did the test haven't see the status completed but was just curious.

Last edited:

LeeAH

Apr 22, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
Just curious what ID documents did you submit with the original application. For instance, I believe some provinces don't have photos on their health cards which some officers might consider valid others might not. So may be your document was in a grey area like that? Or was it too new like issued very recently at the time of your application? Also, did your appearance change significantly between the ID and the photos you provided?

It's very likely a simple issue of the ID copies being misplaced but just seems like a unique case. No cause for worry since they called your for test and plenty of people that did the test haven't see the status completed but was just curious.
I submitted my drivers for Ontario, nothing changed significantly, not even my appearance. While I was typing this message, I went in to check what the original message said on the tracker about the ID, and although that message is saying still waiting for me, my Citizenship test has now changed from in progress to completed. Perhaps the original message about my ID just hasn't been cleared from my tracker but in the background everything is running.

Reactions: iceman55

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi members, I completed my Citizenship test on May 19th and received the test completed email with a pass mark. Its been almost 2 months but my tracker is still showing Citizenship Test as 'In Progress'. My spouse took the test same day and got the 'Completed' status 9 days later. Any reason for delay in mine? My Background verification shows 'Completed'. Should I be concerned? Should I contact CIC? If yes would like info on how.
Thanks a lot

Kimberlit

Feb 28, 2022
Hello guys! It's been more than 5 months I took the online citizenship test. ( Feb 7). It is still in progress. The last update only shows scheduled for the citizenship test. I do not know why it doesn't show as complete. I sent a web form on May 15 and it is so stupid. They do not even give a reason or something. They replied to my enquiry on July 13 by saying that "We would like to confirm that the information found in your online account is the most up-to-date, so no additional information can be provided by the Client Support Centre agents. " It is frustrating. :(((

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
I'm in a similar situation. :confused:

Hello guys! It's been more than 5 months I took the online citizenship test. ( Feb 7). It is still in progress. The last update only shows scheduled for the citizenship test. I do not know why it doesn't show as complete. I sent a web form on May 15 and it is so stupid. They do not even give a reason or something. They replied to my enquiry on July 13 by saying that "We would like to confirm that the information found in your online account is the most up-to-date, so no additional information can be provided by the Client Support Centre agents. " It is frustrating. :(((

Kimberlit

Feb 28, 2022
Nothing changes. :(( I hate this. At least if I see I passed the exam, I will just wait. Although I had no any technical issue or something during the exam, still they did not update my test results. Through MP, the responsible officer said, he could not find the test results on the system, but this is normal. I don't get it. :(((

This is from IRCC:
  • Citizenship application of 27 May led to 7 February 2022 exam;
  • Agent did not find results, but mentioned that it is early to have received results.
  • Assessments are as follows:
. background checks: prohibition (1,095 day long process),

. criminality and security are in progress.

yv9205

Feb 15, 2022
Hello,

Need some suggestions,
I received my Test invite today and the window is from August 05 - August 25.
Currently im outside of canada and will be going back to canada on August 30, will it be possible for me to take the test outside of canada ?
should i inform IRCC about it ?
Please provide some realtime response.

Thanks in advance

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello,

Need some suggestions,
I received my Test invite today and the window is from August 05 - August 25.
Currently im outside of canada and will be going back to canada on August 30, will it be possible for me to take the test outside of canada ?
should i inform IRCC about it ?
Please provide some realtime response.

Thanks in advance
Yes and yes. Email back saying you wanna take test outside Canada.

Reactions: yv9205

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Thank you for the reply.
Is there any particular format/ Template should i follow while sending the request email ?
It's in that PDF file attached to the test email they sent you.

Reactions: yv9205

exchange27

Apr 17, 2018
Hello,

Today I took my test. However, during the test I noticed that two tabs were open. Without switching to the other tabs, clicked on the X on the tab icons and closed them. I didn’t cheat. However, every time I clicked on the next question, the pop-up message showed up and warned that I’m leaving the exam. I had to click on “I’m back”. Did anyone have the same experience? The message showed up 10 times every time I clicked on “next question”. I don’t know why. I think I messed it up :-( I really tried and prepared well. I’m so sad and disappointed . Anyone with the same experience?
I had to click on "I'm back" as well because a notification kept popping up about a USB port removal.

Did you have to give the test again? I'm worried that I will have to take the test again because of this, but I did not cheat, I just went to close that laptop notification.