+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi, does that mean if someone has failed their test, there are no retests happening at the moment and they have to wait until MS Teams service resumes? Or could they have another online retest similar to the previous test?
They will just send another online test invite. If you fail twice, they used to send Microsoft teams. But now it looks like they will have them wait for physical or something. I asked them to take it with Microsoft but they said they don't have this anymore.

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Today on tracker it says test completed!
What does it mean?
Will they send me email for test again?
Well, it was just reported once that someone got complete while he actually failed the test.

But the general case for complete is that you went through. It might be that officer just checked the ones before it turned off or something.

kush9232

Nov 7, 2014
Well, it was just reported once that someone got complete while he actually failed the test.

But the general case for complete is that you went through. It might be that officer just checked the ones before it turned off or something.
I hope so.
Will the webform work? Or ircc call center able to check test completed or not?

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
I hope so.
Will the webform work? Or ircc call center able to check test completed or not?
Well if they marked it complete, I wouldn't really call them. Actually there isn't much you can get from call centre. He will just open the tracker and tell you it is completed.

kareem19

Oct 23, 2017
Hello,

I received notice that my test window is scheduled between 10/22/2021 and 11/11/2021.I still haven't received the invitation and instructions email. I am currently not physically in Canada. I am in the United States and not near the Canadian border. Do you guys know if I can do the test from outside Canada? If so, what do I need to do?

Thank you,
Karim

Karo10

Oct 5, 2021
Hi
So i did my test 7 days ago and i passed it but still test is im progress no update yet.. how long it will take to be updated to completed? Thank you

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi
So i did my test 7 days ago and i passed it but still test is im progress no update yet.. how long it will take to be updated to completed? Thank you
like 48 hr, complete in green colour background

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello,

I received notice that my test window is scheduled between 10/22/2021 and 11/11/2021.I still haven't received the invitation and instructions email. I am currently not physically in Canada. I am in the United States and not near the Canadian border. Do you guys know if I can do the test from outside Canada? If so, what do I need to do?

Thank you,
Karim
72 hrs before the windows

it should be better to do it in Canada

in the instruction days:

If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us at
YOUR-OFFICE-EMAIL@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate “Outside Canada” in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

**/** YOUR-OFFICE-EMAIL@cic.gc.ca means the address e-mail of your IRCC office, I just hide mine **/**

Last edited:
Reactions: nav586 and kareem19

kareem19

Oct 23, 2017
72 hrs before the windows

it should be better to do it in Canada

in the instruction days:

If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us at
YOUR-OFFICE-EMAIL@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate “Outside Canada” in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

**/** YOUR-OFFICE-EMAIL@cic.gc.ca means the address e-mail of your IRCC office, I just hide mine **/**
Thank you

Reactions: mpsqra

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I plan to take my test on Monday - I remember someone uploading study notes here - I have searched but have not found them - anyone have them handy? Many thanks,

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I plan to take my test on Monday - I remember someone uploading study notes here - I have searched but have not found them - anyone have them handy? Many thanks,
Just read carefully this (every corner)

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/discover.pdf

this is just what you want
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/notes-from-discover-canada-preparation-for-the-citizenship-test.734507/#post-9453606

for practices
http://www.thecanadiantest.com/

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
Hey all,
After answering the first question, i realized that my email tab was still open. When i proceeded to close the tab it gave me a notification, did anyone experience the same and got his results confirmed? would this be of any concern ?
Thanks
Did IRCC give you trouble or suspect you're cheating for seeing that notification? just happened with me and I'm a bit worried

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
Just finished my citizentest, it was super easy and I got 20/20. The whole test only took me 5 mintues,

However, during the test, I somehow noticed that there are unclosed tabs in my browser. For whatever stupid reasons, I decided to close the tabs, which made me switch to another tab for around 3 seconds and after coming back to the test page I saw a warning box.

Not sure whether they are going to treat this as potential cheating or not.. I hope the worst case I will get is to retake the exam and they won't reject my application... should I write them an email to explain this?
did they give you trouble for this happening? just happened with me and I'm curious if they'll approve my test or give me trouble