+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Dear Seniors, a very quick question. How much time they are taking from test completion to oath invitation? Is there a rough estimate or time range? Just asking because I can go back to sleep again and not bother them even by thinking about them.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Dear Seniors, a very quick question. How much time they are taking from test completion to oath invitation? Is there a rough estimate or time range? Just asking because I can go back to sleep again and not bother them even by thinking about them.
there is no update it's been 5 months after i passed the test

Reactions: etcoflife

Little Yellow

Jan 29, 2020
There is no personal meetings at the moment. They also suspended the microsoft teams service for test. Fingers crossed mate. You have to call them. Otherwise, it is gonna be a long wait.

Some exam models are harder than others. Maybe she got the hard one.
Thank you very much for your response! I guess I will keep trying to call to strive for luck.

She said it is more difficult than sample tests. So close.

Reactions: Help!

kush9232

Nov 7, 2014
Anyone had issues during online test?
Somehow my external webcam got turned off during test! Even though completed test 19/20 and Got email as well after submission

• Sad

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Somehow my external webcam got turned off during test! Even though completed test 19/20 and Got email as well after submission
I had issues because I opened my internal camera before the test. Let's hope agents can see it was technical issue from your part. Apparently they check if YOU are visible ALL the time while doing it.

• Sad

kush9232

Nov 7, 2014
I had issues because I opened my internal camera before the test. Let's hope agents can see it was technical issue from your part. Apparently they check if YOU are visible ALL the time while doing it.
webcam was on for few minutes then stopped.
Let's hope for the best.
Any idea how long officer take you to response or update on file?

• Sad

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
webcam was on for few minutes then stopped.
Let's hope for the best.
Any idea how long officer take you to response or update on file?

Reading on this tread each case is different but what I can tell IF something is wrong or they think there was some issues YOU will get a phone call or email. Let's hope they won't ask to repeat the test.

• Sad

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Same here mate. A long wait ahead. They will invalidate your test and you will see a ghost update on your tracker.

JM31

Oct 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Med's Done....
May 2014
Interview........
February 18,2015
Passport Req..
January 29,2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2015 VOH: March 25,2015
My cousin failed her first test (online) but on the second take she passed it (also online), after months she received a "Notice to Appear for knowledge hearing and PII" on the form that she received there's also a checked box that stated:

You will be ask questions:
To determine if you have an adequate knowledge of Canada (if you have not passed the citizenship test) in English or French.

They also request another copy of all Passports and Travel Documents.

Is there anyone here who experience the same thing?
what questions do they usually ask?
Is she going to take the citizenship test again via Citizenship Officer even though she already passed it?

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi guys, I have some questions, hope someone can help! Do we get the test invites via email or do they mail a letter? And since the tests are online, can we do it from anywhere outside Canada? Thanks for your help in advance!

• Sad

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi guys, I have some questions, hope someone can help! Do we get the test invites via email or do they mail a letter? YES

And since the tests are online, can we do it from anywhere outside Canada? YES

Thanks for your help in advance!

• Sad
Reactions: Help! and SiminB

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
There is no personal meetings at the moment. They also suspended the microsoft teams service for test. Fingers crossed mate. You have to call them. Otherwise, it is gonna be a long wait.

Good evening,

can you please direct me or provide some insight on where was the message posted that all Microsoft teams service for test has been suspended?

regards

• Sad

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi guys, I have some questions, hope someone can help! Do we get the test invites via email or do they mail a letter? And since the tests are online, can we do it from anywhere outside Canada? Thanks for your help in advance!
Email. Yes, you can do it from outside but need to email the office mentioned in the letter.

Reactions: SiminB

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013

Hi, does that mean if someone has failed their test, there are no retests happening at the moment and they have to wait until MS Teams service resumes? Or could they have another online retest similar to the previous test?