N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
:( did they change to complete yet?
Not yet, but given that it took them about a week or so to even get back to me about my test the first time around and this is a ‘retake’, I don’t mind waiting.:)

• Sad
Reactions: Help!

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Not yet, but given that it took them about a week or so to even get back to me about my test the first time around and this is a ‘retake’, I don’t mind waiting.:)
Thanks man for the quick reply. Fingers crossed. I found a nice chromebook that I plan to buy for exam. It got a good cam and is about 300$

Do you think this is a good option?

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Thanks man for the quick reply. Fingers crossed. I found a nice chromebook that I plan to buy for exam. It got a good cam and is about 300$

Do you think this is a good option?
Hey, if it works, it works! :D

Don't worry about this too much - you've waited for so long to get to this point, so it's just a little more time is all. It's not like the folks who gave their test are going anywhere, either so relax and let things unfold as they should.

• Sad

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Well, speak of the devil - Just as I gave you an update, I refreshed the screen and voila:

So that was quick! :D

mbanius

May 13, 2014
I had said them that i will be back by april end. And i got the 2nd invite around may 13
Hi ,
I had test scheduled in June 2021 and I was not able to come back in Canada during requested time period, I wrote to the given email address and requested to postpone if possibly the test for August 2021 when I will be back in country. They have asked me to send a proof of return to Canada as I did and no answer since then , for two months, no reschedule date. I have also updated my ecas with this info and all I get is that it is in progress,
Has anyone else had rescheduling of the test and in which time period this could help endlessly just to know the info.

dan1509

Apr 1, 2020
How does the online test work. you are just on webcam while doing it? do they make you move the camera around the room before starting like they do in school online tests

• Haha

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
How does the online test work. you are just on webcam while doing it? do they make you move the camera around the room before starting like they do in school online tests
It first asks you to show ID and take a head photo. Although it says you can use desktop PC with external camera, the setting is completely designed to work with a laptop with built-in camera. You could tell from the position it needs for your head in front of the camera. There are also lots of acknowledgments for which you have to accept accept accept to move on.

You finally get to a point where it sends you a link to your email. You open the link and it takes you to a page with a button saying start the test. The test interface records images randomly of your face. Your head must be in the same green circle where it was when you took the photo. You shouldnt look outside the screen during the test as it may lead to your test being invalidated. You should close all apps, taps, notifications, etc before starting the test. Prevent windows notifications from control panel and any app or website you allowed notifications for. This can also be detetced and get your results invalidated. Close your email tab after using the link. Make sure you have websites ability to ask for notifications or permissions open in chrome. Otherwise, if it is blocked, it will invalidate the test. The test link doesnt tell you about any issues before opening and this is a big trouble.

Finally, the biggest problem with the start the test link is that it can pick any virtual camera on the PC or may fail to access your USB external camera even if it worked during asking for your ID and photo. Use a laptop with built-in camera, do not use an external USB camera. They mention it is fine to use external USB camera but it glitched with several people and is just a toss of a coin.

You have 30 mins in total. You cannot stop the test. If you disconnect, you can return back from the same link. However, it will increase chances of invalidating your results.

The only problem with invalidating is that you will go in a loop with unkown time to retake the test. Could be anytime between a few weeks to a few months.

It wont ask you to move the camera or anything.

And literally remove any virtual camera or app that uses your camera from the PC and any app that records your screen. Like making a recorded presentation. Literally REMOVE THEM ALL. The test wont glitch until you are into the interface.

Last edited:
Reactions: nomadic and dan1509

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
I dont understand, i applied in March 2020 and still waiting for any communication from IRCC. And people from 2021 getting invites and their processes moving forward. What is wrong with our files. Did those files had covid :(

Ummmm I don't think 2021 are getting invites unless URGENT process.
I applied 2019 septembre and just background was completed and till this week I got the TEST invite.
2019 to 2021 almost 2 years waiting.

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018

From my experience on laptop.
Test your camera BEFORE and close it. I left the cam opened and that caused CIC link to not show my face while doing the test BUT the system prompted an ERROR so DO NOT PANIC just sign in AGAIN.
Test was done in 5 minutes with 20/20.

Waiting for UPDATE on TRACKER.

Little Yellow

Jan 29, 2020
Bonjour, my son failed his citizenship test (12/20)….on July 04, 2021. On July 07, 2021, the citizenship test status has been updated to “completed”. It shouldn't say completed because he failed his test….but, some say that it is a normal process. Up to date (after more than 50 days) the citizenship test status remains as “completed”. Please any idea how long it will take to go back to "In Progress" ?? Thanks

Thank you for your feedback.
Hi shabou, would like to follow up on any updates if may have? As my wife just failed the test and waits for a retest, it would be much appreciated if you can share any updates or details on retest. When does your son have a retest and if it is an online test? Many thanks!!

Little Yellow

Jan 29, 2020
Hi guys,

My wife just failed the citizenship test, unfortunately, 14/20. The results report says "a second time will be done in person at a IRCC local office", which is confusing as in-person test is not availvle now. So, I wonder if it will be another online test and how long will it take to be rescheduled? Has anyone had the same experience? Much appreciated if anyone can share or comment! Many thanks!

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi guys,

My wife just failed the citizenship test, unfortunately, 14/20. The results report says "a second time will be done in person at a IRCC local office", which is confusing as in-person test is not availvle now. So, I wonder if it will be another online test and how long will it take to be rescheduled? Has anyone had the same experience? Much appreciated if anyone can share or comment! Many thanks!
There is no personal meetings at the moment. They also suspended the microsoft teams service for test. Fingers crossed mate. You have to call them. Otherwise, it is gonna be a long wait.

Some exam models are harder than others. Maybe she got the hard one.

Reactions: Little Yellow