+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

johnsnow13

Jun 7, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Just gave my citizenship test yesterday and I was wondering how long it takes for it to update on the tracker? also is there anyone in this group who completed the test on the 1st of September 2023, if so, would love to connect

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Just gave my citizenship test yesterday and I was wondering how long it takes for it to update on the tracker? also is there anyone in this group who completed the test on the 1st of September 2023, if so, would love to connect
Congrats on completing the test! It took a week and 1 day to update on my tracker that I had officially passed.

Reactions: johnsnow13

NoraAli

Sep 5, 2023
Hi everyone, I completed the test on August 22 but I still didn't get any updates on the tracker. Is that a normal wait time? I completed on the next day of my test window. Thanks

NoraAli

Sep 5, 2023
Hi all,

Does anyone know if for family applications do they check / send official test result together?

I did my test on Aug 13th (passed) and my wife did her test on Aug 18th (passed).

Both applications still show as “in progress”. I am leas worried about my wife test since she did after me but I would have expected my application to show test completed already.

Did anyone have an experience with long timelines to show test as completed?

My only guess at this point is that the officer will review both tests at the same time and as my wife did after me the clock started after her application only.

Another question: Is your application done by a single officer or multiple (each phase/review another officer)? Summer vacation might explain delay on my application as well
Did you get any update? I completed the test on the August 22, still nothing

OmarionMommy

May 9, 2016
So hopefully someone can help

I applied for my citizenship online March 2022, got test invitation October 2022 completed test 16th October 2022 and passed. On 14th December 2022 my status was updated to
  • Citizenship test-COMPLETED
  • Background verification- COMPLETED
  • Language skills- IN PROCESS
  • Physical Presence- IN PROCESS
  • Prohibition- IN PROCESS
ON JULY 26th 2023 I got an update but when I checked nothing changed, since then I have still not received any update or email etc. my sister applied with me and He already completed everything and has her swearing in this month.

does anyone know what’s the next step for me and why I’m so far delayed? CIC claims it’s in normal processing time but I know coworkers who applied after me in 2023 and already finished every step. It’s frustrating….

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So hopefully someone can help

I applied for my citizenship online March 2022, got test invitation October 2022 completed test 16th October 2022 and passed. On 14th December 2022 my status was updated to
  • Citizenship test-COMPLETED
  • Background verification- COMPLETED
  • Language skills- IN PROCESS
  • Physical Presence- IN PROCESS
  • Prohibition- IN PROCESS
ON JULY 26th 2023 I got an update but when I checked nothing changed, since then I have still not received any update or email etc. my sister applied with me and He already completed everything and has her swearing in this month.

does anyone know what’s the next step for me and why I’m so far delayed? CIC claims it’s in normal processing time but I know coworkers who applied after me in 2023 and already finished every step. It’s frustrating….
You should complete 18 months and because of that you have an option to take help of your MP office. They should be able to contact IRCC and tell you why your LPP is not getting completed.

OmarionMommy

May 9, 2016
You should complete 18 months and because of that you have an option to take help of your MP office. They should be able to contact IRCC and tell you why your LPP is not getting completed.
Thank you for your reply, with your experience do you think there is something pending from my side that’s contributing to this delay. Or maybe it’s just backlogged?

ElFactorX

Dec 28, 2019
Hi everyone, I completed the test on August 22 but I still didn't get any updates on the tracker. Is that a normal wait time? I completed on the next day of my test window. Thanks
Hi Nora, did your status get updated? I did my test on August 26 and in my citizenship status tracker the message "Take the citizenship test" is still showing...

nitingoescanada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2018
Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-08-2018
Med's Done....
11-09-2018
Hi Nora, did your status get updated? I did my test on August 26 and in my citizenship status tracker the message "Take the citizenship test" is still showing...
For me it took more than a month to have an update on tracker. Me and my wife took test same day but got updates 10 days apart.
anything is possible in ircc world.

silvar

Oct 29, 2017
For me it took more than a month to have an update on tracker. Me and my wife took test same day but got updates 10 days apart.
anything is possible in ircc world.

Good to know more people that had the test completion delayed.

I completed on Aug 13. My wife took her test on Aug 18. Both application are still showing “in progress”. My assumption at this point is that the officer handling our case took an end of summer vacation and when returning probably have a huge backlog of tests to review etc

I also tried emailing the PO (Vancouver), webform and calling ircc.

All of them gave me a standard answer of application processing time is 18 months. There is noSLA for parts of the process only the complete application.

I just hope I dont have to redo the test

ElFactorX

Dec 28, 2019
Good to know more people that had the test completion delayed.

I completed on Aug 13. My wife took her test on Aug 18. Both application are still showing “in progress”. My assumption at this point is that the officer handling our case took an end of summer vacation and when returning probably have a huge backlog of tests to review etc

I also tried emailing the PO (Vancouver), webform and calling ircc.

All of them gave me a standard answer of application processing time is 18 months. There is noSLA for parts of the process only the complete application.

I just hope I dont have to redo the test
Thanks for sharing your timeline. In my case, I just hope I don't need to restart the whole application process because they think I didn't take the test during their specified time frame.

silvar

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for sharing your timeline. In my case, I just hope I don't need to restart the whole application process because they think I didn't take the test during their specified time frame.
My tracker was showing “take the citizenship test” until the last day of the test window. After that the vanner went away but the status still shows “in progress”.

I think the worse case is they don’t accept the test result for whatever reason and ask you to take the test again either via Zoom/MS teams with the officer actively talking / seeing you or in person (it depends on your location). The problem is that they will tell you that months after you took the test so you will need to re study the entire book again

Reactions: Bambam_Can

lionel_messi

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello.
During online Citizenship test, did anyone face an issue as camera is disconnected and had to re-login and complete the remaining test?
I gave my test on 9th July and it still shows as "Waiting on You".
Had received the results on email, but the application has not been updated yet.
I ran into this recently. Saw that your application got approved, congrats! Can you let me know how long did your test status stay in progress and how long did it take to go to complete?