+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Sohpie2017

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hi,
My mom has received a citizenship interview invite for March 16th, in the interview letter it states, she has to sign the consent form for use of Microsoft Team and return it prior to interview. This form was not attached to the interview invite email. Does anyone has a copy who can send to me. I emailed them already but so far no response.

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Good morning. I am currently waiting for my citizenship certificate, however, I need to travel overseas in the next 2 days. I have a valid Canadian visa, am I ok to return to Canada using that visa which expires in May this year? Where would be the best place to confirm this?

Helipatel42

Apr 28, 2018
Hi,
I did my online test today and passed. After I passed the test, there are two things that are freaking me out.
1. I used my PR card as my id proof for the picture and it was very tricky to get a clear picture. However my pr card has no signature and the instructions say that we need to use ID card with signature on it
Would that be a problem?
2. I did not open any new tabs once I started the exam. However there were two tabs opened previously.i.e one tab had the email to which the test link was sent and the other tab was the exam registration tab. Do you think this would be a problem?
Hi did you have any issue after the exam? I had the similar issue as well

Mar 29, 2023
Hi,
I did my online test today and passed. After I passed the test, there are two things that are freaking me out.
1. I used my PR card as my id proof for the picture and it was very tricky to get a clear picture. However my pr card has no signature and the instructions say that we need to use ID card with signature on it
Would that be a problem?
2. I did not open any new tabs once I started the exam. However there were two tabs opened previously.i.e one tab had the email to which the test link was sent and the other tab was the exam registration tab. Do you think this would be a problem?
Hi,
I just finished my citizenship test and got 19/20.
However, during the test I accidentally clicked on the adjacent Gmail inbox tab, immediately a pop up told me to get back to the test and that I wasn't allowed to open anything but the test.

Will my test be labeled as cheating and cancelled ? I'm really tensed.

nv2012

Jul 24, 2018
Hi,
However, during the test I accidentally clicked on the adjacent Gmail inbox tab, immediately a pop up told me to get back to the test and that I wasn't allowed to open anything but the test.

Hey! The same thing happened to me and my webcam was facing the wrong way so I had to close it and reopen the link and it fixed the issue. I’m hoping it doesn’t invalidate or tests!

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi,

I had the similar scenario. I was using my friend's computer. And during the test some of his work meeting crap popped up. And I was told to get back to the test. I took mine on Feb. 21st. I did pass though. They have also asked the copies of passport pages to be sent. And I asked this lawyer who did submit my citizenship application about passport pages to be emailed,he said don't worry about it.

I am not sure if that email pop up would be that big of a deal. Good luck though.

KatieP2023

Jun 2, 2023
I used my PR card and could not get a 100% clear picture of it. It was a little fuzzy and had a very slight reflection of the laptop screen in it. I did make sure you could read it, but it was definitely not very sharp. Also, I had the same issues with the tabs as you. When I opened my email to click the link that is sent after you login, it automatically opened another tab. I didn’t close either one.
It sounds like you had the same experience as me. So, I think you should be okay.
I also have a similar situation. I forgot to close the gmail tab and the send test link tab. Did you get your test result shown as "Completed"?

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
I also have a similar situation. I forgot to close the gmail tab and the send test link tab. Did you get your test result shown as "Completed"?
So long as you didn't receive any warning you should be fine I think. Then they will have a second look.
The warning sorta identifies unusual activity.

Christian32

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hi everyone,

I thought I would make a thread for anyone who is in the same situation as me so that we can share/compare our experiences/next steps.

I received an invite on November 27, 2020 to take the online citizenship test between December 1, 2020 and December 21, 2020. I passed the test on December 3rd and am now waiting for what happens next. Please kindly let me know if you are in the same situation and if you have received any next steps toward an eventual oath ceremony.

Cheers,
Phil
I am exactly in the same situation as you. passed it and awaiting for what happens next

Christian32

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
It seems like it takes about 2 weeks to make a decision. Hopefully I get to hear back soon regarding the decision and the date of the ceremony too!
Do you mean it takes them about 2 weeks to review and validate your temporary score test (Plus your video and ID)?

silvar

Oct 29, 2017
Hi all,

Does anyone know if for family applications do they check / send official test result together?

I did my test on Aug 13th (passed) and my wife did her test on Aug 18th (passed).

Both applications still show as “in progress”. I am leas worried about my wife test since she did after me but I would have expected my application to show test completed already.

Did anyone have an experience with long timelines to show test as completed?

My only guess at this point is that the officer will review both tests at the same time and as my wife did after me the clock started after her application only.

Another question: Is your application done by a single officer or multiple (each phase/review another officer)? Summer vacation might explain delay on my application as well

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all,

Does anyone know if for family applications do they check / send official test result together?

I did my test on Aug 13th (passed) and my wife did her test on Aug 18th (passed).

Both applications still show as “in progress”. I am leas worried about my wife test since she did after me but I would have expected my application to show test completed already.

My only guess at this point is that the officer will review both tests at the same time and as my wife did after me the clock started after her application only.

Another question: Is your application done by a single officer or multiple (each phase/review another officer)? Summer vacation might explain delay on my application as well
For me it is happened together when both of us completed, till that time it was in progress. Happened 4 days after we both completed our test.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
For me it is happened together when both of us completed, till that time it was in progress. Happened 4 days after we both completed our test.
Fo
Hi all,

For us, it happened separately. We took our test 4 days apart and those were marked Completed separately 7 days apart.