+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
The agent is from the Nova Scotia office and looks like she will send an email to notify Surrey, BC local office and mention that I passed the online test on 11-Feb-2021 and there is no update, I think something like that. But need to wait 3 weeks after passed the online test.

And also she confirmed that her office email received my test result pdf file on 19-Feb-2021 which I email to them. I will keep you all posted.
I heard Surrey office is one of the slowest office and the most immigrant files in the whole Canada. Let wait and see.
Out of curiosity, from who did you hear that? My processing office is Surrey, and I can vouch for the slowness because my application has not seen any progress since I passed the test on Jan 4...lol

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Out of curiosity, from who did you hear that? My processing office is Surrey, and I can vouch for the slowness because my application has not seen any progress since I passed the test on Jan 4...lol
Hi minijoo, I agree with you as Surrey office is one of the very slow office in the whole Canada and the most immigrant files in their office. Did you receive an online test from DNCITSRYTESTS@cic.gc.ca this email?

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
The agent is from the Nova Scotia office and looks like she will send an email to notify Surrey, BC local office and mention that I passed the online test on 11-Feb-2021 and there is no update, I think something like that. But need to wait 3 weeks after passed the online test.

And also she confirmed that her office email received my test result pdf file on 19-Feb-2021 which I email to them. I will keep you all posted.
I heard Surrey office is one of the slowest office and the most immigrant files in the whole Canada. Let wait and see.
You mean they receive the PDF using the webform that you sent?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto

Wow. Thank you for sharing all of this. It's so nice that you actually got someone that were being helpful. I just saw on the Facebook page that there are a few from Scarborough that completed the test before Jan 15 and even in December that have yet to receive anything. It's a complete mess now. Keep us updated.

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
Hi minijoo, I agree with you as Surrey office is one of the very slow office in the whole Canada and the most immigrant files in their office. Did you receive an online test from DNCITSRYTESTS@cic.gc.ca this email?
yup, that's the email address I received my test invite from. Though can you share who stated that Surrey is one of the slowest and has the most immigrant files? Is this from an IRCC representative?

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020

Good that you got a good agent, looks like.
Did you file show as reschedule? My experience was bad .. agent told me that I might to re write exam
Which made me so sad

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Did you file show as reschedule? My experience was bad .. agent told me that I might to re write exam
Which made me so sad
Don't get mad at someone who has no say in the process. They are there to answer phone calls, they don't handle cases, they have no influence over any decisions on any case whatsoever. Just take it for someone's inexperience in customer care

Reactions: blingyrie

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
You mean they receive the PDF using the webform that you sent?
I sent to all CIC emails (from my gmail) plus web form. The agent confirm that they received my test passed (Tess pass date: 11-Feb) PDF email information on 19-Feb at Nova Scotia office which I sent. I think local Surrey, BC office, may be so busy with may other applicants or not enough man power to clear all the back logs.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Which made me so sad
She didn’t mention any reschedule status for now

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
yup, that's the email address I received my test invite from. Though can you share who stated that Surrey is one of the slowest and has the most immigrant files? Is this from an IRCC representative?
No, it is not from IRCC agent but I saw surrey applicant file in this forum from a few years ago

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I sent to all CIC emails (from my gmail) plus web form. The agent confirm that they received my test passed (Tess pass date: 11-Feb) PDF email information on 19-Feb at Nova Scotia office which I sent. I think local Surrey, BC office, may be so busy with may other applicants or not enough man power to clear all the back logs.
Thanks
I sent only the test email with results. On 11th Feb and agent routed it to Scarborough office on 17th feb waiting to hear back

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
There is a lot of speculations going on with the timeline after the test. I have seen people finished their tests from Dec/Jan still waiting for any communications, and at the same time I've seen people's status changed to DM in just a day. In the meanwhile I think you should just have some patience, and see what happens this week. As I mentioned before, @his*marty 's status changed to DM almost 50 days after the exam so no one has any idea what is going on exactly. However it is concerning that they did not receive the passing result and it's been 20 days. I hope you will get some updates soon.
When you do your test it is at your local visa office level. It will depend on what their work situation is there right now. I have been told the Winnipeg VO is working remotely so they are not able to complete tasks as quickly. I know we are all impatient, I was too...especially seeing how quickly some moved. At the end of the day, I'm sure it's a challenge for them to review the test photos/ID's, do their final checks, organize the oath ceremony. There are other steps you need to take during the oath that will take administrative time as well. Is it what you want to hear? No.. but really...we're at the mercy of their limited capacities. I'm hoping that the covid numbers going down, more IRCC staff return to work and start hustling on these applications. I can't speak for the out of order processing - why online applicants are getting their citizenship so quickly or why March 2019 are still waiting for tests... but it was mentioned by my VO that they are still working within the pilot.