+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
That's really unfortunate and truly frustrating. Did you get any explanation as to why you'll have to re-write the test when you already have the test result in email?

I as well finished my test on Feb 9 but didn't get any update (email/ECAS) yet. I'm worried what will I hear if I call CIC.
i've been calling IRCC callcenter after my test on 7th Feb. Since then they were mentioning that my test was not updated, and asked me to wait for sometime.
I raised a webform on 11th Feb and they sent to office(Scarborough) on 17th Feb. Today i got an email to retake the test.
I sent all my first test screenshots and details in the email (mentioned under the TECHNICAL ISSUES section of Test invite). Not sure what else i can do. If i dont get reply in a week i'll write the test.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
That's really unfortunate and truly frustrating. Did you get any explanation as to why you'll have to re-write the test when you already have the test result in email?

I as well finished my test on Feb 9 but didn't get any update (email/ECAS) yet. I'm worried what will I hear if I call CIC.
I wrote my test January 2 and it took until February 18 to show up as Decision Made. My Oath Invite came February 26. So, nearly 2 months from test writing to oath invite.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
i've been calling IRCC callcenter after my test on 7th Feb. Since then they were mentioning that my test was not updated, and asked me to wait for sometime.
I raised a webform on 11th Feb and they sent to office(Scarborough) on 17th Feb. Today i got an email to retake the test.
I sent all my first test screenshots and details in the email (mentioned under the TECHNICAL ISSUES section of Test invite). Not sure what else i can do. If i dont get reply in a week i'll write the test.
what do you mean all your test screenshots? You're not supposed to be making screenshots during the test.

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
what do you mean all your test screenshots? You're not supposed to be making screenshots during the test.
I meant after results I took the screenshot of test results, because I didn’t get email immediately.
I took screenshot of test completion. Attached that in my email

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I'd still be a bit worried that would cause an issue. Did you call and ask why you have to retake it?
Yes I did called them. The only answer I got is.
“ your test is not recorded and your file is showing as rescheduled “ the same message I’ve been hearing and I got the dates today to retake.
I did all I can do. The next thing I can do is just take the test.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I meant after results I took the screenshot of test results, because I didn’t get email immediately.
I took screenshot of test completion. Attached that in my email
Next time, don't take screenshots. Request the result to be e-mailed (the button is at the bottom of the page) AND print it to .pdf (press the "Print Page" or whatever-it-is-called-I-don't-remember button right on the screen at the bottom or Ctrl+P, in the print window choose "Microsoft print to pdf" and choose the destination you want to save the file to). Alternatively, just print the same on paper, if you want to have some confirmation of the result. Don't be in a hurry. There is nowhere to hurry upon test completion, the result has been submitted and the clock has stopped.

Reactions: BOYX and his*marty

jcttt

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
(Timeline in my signature)

got a call today for an interview on March 13th. Wrote my test and passed on Jan 29, Scarborough office.
For those who got interview request, did you guys get a call? I haven’t received any email. Just a person called me, confirmed my test score and the date I wrote it, and scheduled me for an interview.
Can anyone weight in here? I’m afraid any email from them got lost.

Scarborough office.

Thanks.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi
After online test on 11-Feb-2021, I received phone call 02-March-2021 from Surrey local office asked me about the webcam during the test as I explain to them and I used external monitor. She said, she will submit my case to case officer and wait a few more days to receive email for next step or ECAS: DM. Until now, already 3 weeks, My ECAS: still show in process and I still didn’t receive any email for oath from Surrey local office. I am an urgent application.

Any idea, why surrey office, BC delaying too many days to send out oath invitation?

sar_can

Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2014
Med's Request
6/11/2014
Hi,
I have passed my test on 22 JAN and DM was on 27 JAN. After that I got email in FEB for oath and it was scheduled for 12 MAR. However, today morning I got a call from IRCC Vancouver office that due to some technical issue they need to re-schedule my oath and also mentioned that it is nothing to do with my application. She also mentioned that the re-scheduled date could be in some time in April.

Did anybody else from Vancouver office got similar kind of call?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi,
I have passed my test on 22 JAN and DM was on 27 JAN. After that I got email in FEB for oath and it was scheduled for 12 MAR. However, today morning I got a call from IRCC Vancouver office that due to some technical issue they need to re-schedule my oath and also mentioned that it is nothing to do with my application. She also mentioned that the re-scheduled date could be in some time in April.

Did anybody else from Vancouver office got similar kind of call?
It seems like a widespread issue then. @llgn_sp mentioned Scarborough‘s oaths are cancelled for March as well.

Last edited:

Rondee

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Burnaby, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 30-01-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-07-2015
Hi,
My wife has just completed her test and received a confirmation email from notifications@ct-tc.apps.cic.gc.ca, saying that she completed the test and providing some other information.
I took my test in January and did not get any confirmation email, so I was wondering that it may be a new thing.

Did everyone here get this email? Because I did not get one, do you guys think I should try to reach out to IRCC?

saad1111

May 21, 2018
People who received phone calls from citizenship office, can you please share the number they get the calls from are they numbers with 1800 or local area code because these days a bunch of scam callers are there.

jcttt

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
People who received phone calls from citizenship office, can you please share the number they get the calls from are they numbers with 1800 or local area code because these days a bunch of scam callers are there.
I got a call from IRCC to schedule interview from local number. I’m in toronto and it was a regular 416 area code