instead of
EAPP
Consulate General of Canada
Visa Section
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071

what should i do now?
it was an online application.
what is wrong with that? i also wrote immigration section. in their website they clearly mentioned immigration section. moreover once they enter your UCI no in their system they will know which visa u applied for. dont worry.

my passport is delivered today at NY.

Manu8888

Jan 20, 2014
welcomesk said:
what is wrong with that? i also wrote immigration section. in their website they clearly mentioned immigration section. moreover once they enter your UCI no in their system they will know which visa u applied for. dont worry.

my passport is delivered today at NY.
Because in the letter for passport request they have a link which tells you the address. that link says 'Visa section' but their site has the immigration section address.

Thanks for the reply.

wolverine13

Nov 20, 2013
Finally...

Timeline
Applied online: Nov 17th
PP request: Jan 16
PP sent(LA consulate): Jan 24
PP reached: Jan 27
Application closed (online): Jan 31
PP recd: Feb 4

wolverine13

Nov 20, 2013
Manu8888 said:
Because in the letter for passport request they have a link which tells you the address. that link says 'Visa section' but their site has the immigration section address.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm sure others might have made similar mistakes. I would think that there might be a little longer delay, but you should still receive your passport. You can try emailing them and informing them about the problem.

welcomesk

Jan 30, 2014
wolverine13 said:
I'm sure others might have made similar mistakes. I would think that there might be a little longer delay, but you should still receive your passport. You can try emailing them and informing them about the problem.
congratulations for visa! I just found out that "VISA SECTION" is mentioned in LA consulate address where as in NY address"IMMIGRATION SECTION" is mentioned. as I sent my passports to NY I wrote immigration section as per their instructions. but for people sending passports to LA they r suppose to write VISA SECTION. but I still feel its a minor problem. shouldn't be any delays becoz of this. anyways hope for the best.

Manu8888

Jan 20, 2014
I wrote immigration section and its been 8 working days since it was delivered to LA consulate and still nothing.

Manu8888

Jan 20, 2014
wolverine13 said:
I did email them but as usual they arent gonna reply.

anks101

Feb 5, 2014
Here is my timeline

Applied online for visitor visa (multiple entry) for me and my spouse on 01/30/14
Passport request - 02/05/2014

Should i send passports to LA or NY? and i believe i can use one envelope for sending along with both approval letters and one return for both passports.

welcomesk

Jan 30, 2014
anks101 said:
Here is my timeline

Applied online for visitor visa (multiple entry) for me and my spouse on 01/30/14
Passport request - 02/05/2014

Should i send passports to LA or NY? and i believe i can use one envelope for sending along with both approval letters and one return for both passports.
yaa! u can use one envelop for both of u. u can send to either consulate. i sent to NY as I stay near to eastcoast.

anks101

Feb 5, 2014
I stay in Detroit so NY makes sense for me. I did some posts about LA being faster when it comes to processing. I have no immediate travel plans so i will send them to NY. Thanks for your reply.

welcomesk

Jan 30, 2014
anks101 said:
I stay in Detroit so NY makes sense for me. I did some posts about LA being faster when it comes to processing. I have no immediate travel plans so i will send them to NY. Thanks for your reply.
timeline

applied jan 29th for whole family
PP request-- jan 30th
pp delivered to NY- feb 3rd
cic account updated and file closed- feb 5th[just now I checked].

hoping to receive the passport by weekend.

Dilluu

Jan 24, 2014
My Canada Visa got stamped in 15 days.
15th Jan -- Applied Online
23rd Jan -- Passport Request
27th Jan -- Passport sent to consulate
28th Jan -- Passport received at consulate
31st Jan -- Passport sent back to me
1st Feb -- Received stamped passport.

Thanks

horizonsir

Jan 31, 2014
varadhan81 said:
horizonsir,

please let me know if you receive any communication from CIC. Waiting for that PP request email for so long is frustrating for me.
Still nothing..how about you. :'( :'(