ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cookie27 said:
Hi!

I am looking for information....I am also waiting for my positive LMO. I have to make sure that if I apply online, it will be processed in NYC. I am hesitant to lodge my application by paper as original passport is required. If this happens, I will have to stay in the US for the duration of the application which now takes around 4 months or so. My plan is to stay in the US for a week or 2, then after lodging my online application, travel to Canada and wait for the approval of my WP (God willing).

Thanks.
Hi, Cookie.
I Stongly Suggest You ,To Research a Bit More About Applying on Line In NYC.
Because If This Is True THen My Lawyer Also Would Recomend Me For Applying In NYC. Since I have Valid US VIsa For 10 Yrs.
Also The Process Cannot Be Fast Enough Cus Of The Strike By PAFSO.
As U R Aware My Application Was Made On 18 March In My Present Residing Country ( BRASIL ).
Just On 26 August I Received Mail From CIC To Make Medicals.
Correct Me If Iam Wrong.Or Share Ur Information From Where u Got It.
Best Of Luck .

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Hotpat73 said:
Hi Cookie27

My employer has a LMO and applied on 2 August to have my name put on, Service Canada told him that it takes up to 22 days to be processed. i am hoping to have the positive LMO in the next few days. I am also planning to submit online and travel to Canada after 2 weeks. I will let you know hoe things work out.
Hotpat73,

Thanks! Please do let me know as I will be doing exactly the same.

Meanwhile, I will also do some extensive research about how tourist visa holders (B1/B2) in the US are classified. I had previously asked a senior member here if it's considered a legal status in the US and I was told YES. It is in NYC website that they process application of those with valid visitor visa to Canada and those with legal status in the US. Since both of us have visas to Canada and US, I guess NYC will process our applications...just not sure if ONLINE is applicable in our cases.

I just wish that someone here in the forum had done the same and will rise up and tell us ;D. I have been posting and asking these same questions for several months now...but to date, I have not seen nor received any comments that they did the same thing or had the same scenario as ours. You would be the first...just in case ;)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
cookie27 said:
Hotpat73,

Thanks! Please do let me know as I will be doing exactly the same.

Meanwhile, I will also do some extensive research about how tourist visa holders (B1/B2) in the US are classified. I had previously asked a senior member here if it's considered a legal status in the US and I was told YES. It is in NYC website that they process application of those with valid visitor visa to Canada and those with legal status in the US. Since both of us have visas to Canada and US, I guess NYC will process our applications...just not sure if ONLINE is applicable in our cases.

I just wish that someone here in the forum had done the same and will rise up and tell us ;D. I have been posting and asking these same questions for several months now...but to date, I have not seen nor received any comments that they did the same thing or had the same scenario as ours. You would be the first...just in case ;)
Just FYI i do have a valid US visit visa (5 year multiple entry) as well as a colleague of mine who went to canada on trv. At no point we had ever any indication of the sort that if we apply while being in the US, we can take advantage of better processing times from the US compared to our home country.

It is considered legal status, that is not the problem. Problem is being in resident status, which visit is not. Any way i hope it turns positive in both of your cases. But i strongly encourage you to read CIC website where it clearly described this issue.

PlasmodiumVivax

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 16, 2013
AOR Received.
August 16, 2013
Med's Request
August 19, 2013
Med's Done....
August 26, 2013
Interview........
NBI Docs req: Jan 14, 2014
Passport Req..
Naunahan nalang sa approval sa PR thru EE
VISA ISSUED...
Nganga pa rin Open work permit application
LANDED..........
Dec 8 2015
king III said:
@ soliababu

i want to ask about the credit card can i use another's credit card i mean can i borrowed others credit card?? and what information they will ask about the card??
you can use a credit card not under your name. Information asked are typical. Billing info: Name on Card, card number, expiration, card verification code. Forgot if it also asks for billing address.

Hotpat73

Aug 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2013
AOR Received.
05-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
fkl said:
Just FYI i do have a valid US visit visa (5 year multiple entry) as well as a colleague of mine who went to canada on trv. At no point we had ever any indication of the sort that if we apply while being in the US, we can take advantage of better processing times from the US compared to our home country.

It is considered legal status, that is not the problem. Problem is being in resident status, which visit is not. Any way i hope it turns positive in both of your cases. But i strongly encourage you to read CIC website where it clearly described this issue.
Hi, I was offered a job in Vancouver while on holiday in Seattle, WA. I don't see the point of flying back home at a cost of +/- $1000 and then fly back to Canada on approval, that's a waste of money when it's an hours drive to Vancouver from here. This is the reason for applying from the US. I have seen a post in the past of driving to flagpole for issuing of TRV and WP but that person did state that we would need to convince the officer why he should approve the application at POE. All i can do is hope this works!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hotpat73 said:
Hi, I was offered a job in Vancouver while on holiday in Seattle, WA. I don't see the point of flying back home at a cost of +/- $1000 and then fly back to Canada on approval, that's a waste of money when it's an hours drive to Vancouver from here. This is the reason for applying from the US. I have seen a post in the past of driving to flagpole for issuing of TRV and WP but that person did state that we would need to convince the officer why he should approve the application at POE. All i can do is hope this works!
Hi,

Your situation makes sense and yes, i have read about several flag pole situations too. Also the official cic website did state that there are "very limited" circumstances in which applying NOT from home country might be allowed. Probably (and i hope) your explanation makes sense.

I am quite hopeful you could get that done at POE. I am just not sure how would they treat this on the application since you won't be there to explain while it is being evaluated and it would simply appear that you are on a visit status in the US.

All the very best and i hope things turn positive for you guys. Do keep us posted.

Hotpat73

Aug 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2013
AOR Received.
05-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
cookie27 said:
Hi!

I am looking for information....I am also waiting for my positive LMO. I have to make sure that if I apply online, it will be processed in NYC. I am hesitant to lodge my application by paper as original passport is required. If this happens, I will have to stay in the US for the duration of the application which now takes around 4 months or so. My plan is to stay in the US for a week or 2, then after lodging my online application, travel to Canada and wait for the approval of my WP (God willing).

Thanks.
Hi, any news on your LMO application? When did your employer submit the application ?
thanks

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Hotpat73 said:
Hi, any news on your LMO application? When did your employer submit the application ?
thanks
Just received word from my employer that she got a call from HRSDC saying that my positive LMO will be mailed in 7 days!

Dip4u

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
online / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
Med's Request
04/12/2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013
http://www.pafso-apase.com/news_releases.php?newsID=164
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/09/13/pol-public-foreign-service-workers.html

Good morning with good news

humassis

Sep 13, 2013
Guys i need help with a small thing,
when u send ur work permit app online, you don't have to sign it right?
just date, validate and send it?

but for the family information sheet, it has to be printed, dated and signed then scanned to be sent? right?

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
humassis said:
Guys i need help with a small thing,
when u send ur work permit app online, you don't have to sign it right?
just date, validate and send it?

but for the family information sheet, it has to be printed, dated and signed then scanned to be sent? right?
Yes you are right. I did that with the help of my lawyer, so I can say that it is an authentic information.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
fkl said:
Being on visit visa does not include resident legal status. You have to be a student or a work permit (H1/L1) holder in the US to be able to apply from there. Probably they won't tell you but your application most likely will be rejected or just lie dormant for months. I will have to put some effort to search the exact wordings for this, but i am pretty sure i have read the link referenced on this forum as well as on the cic official website.
It is written in CIC website...legally admitted and no mention of with resident legal status.

I saw this information while searching the exact definition of "legally admitted to USA"

If a person is admitted to US with a visa valid for 1 year or more, does that qualify that person to apply from Buffalo?
Is it required that that person already spent 1 year in US?

CIC says:
"You must apply in your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

When I clicked the link, below is the exact information from CIC website:

Applicants for Permanent Residence
You must select the visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year

Applicants for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits and Work Permits

If you need to give biometrics (fingerprints and photograph), and you are applying on paper, please do not mail in your application. Submit your application in person to the visa application centre (VAC) nearest you. VAC staff will check that your application is complete and will confirm that you have paid the correct fees before you can give your biometrics. If you are applying from within the United States, submit your application online.

Otherwise, select the visa office that serves your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted to learn of the options available to you.......is this the same as that of Permanence Residence, that is..at least one year?[/color]

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
cookie27 said:
It is written in CIC website...legally admitted and no mention of with resident legal status.

I saw this information while searching the exact definition of "legally admitted to USA"

If a person is admitted to US with a visa valid for 1 year or more, does that qualify that person to apply from Buffalo?

CIC says:
"You must apply in your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year."

You must select the visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year

If you need to give biometrics (fingerprints and photograph), and you are applying on paper, please do not mail in your application. Submit your application in person to the visa application centre (VAC) nearest you. VAC staff will check that your application is complete and will confirm that you have paid the correct fees before you can give your biometrics. If you are applying from within the United States, submit your application online.

Otherwise, select the visa office that serves your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted to learn of the options available to you.......is this the same as that of Permanence Residence, that is..at least one year?[/color]

Thank you cookie, that's valuable information +1.

Though i suspect "legally admitted for at least one year" is the key. Though it is my opinion only and needs to be verified but so far, no visit visa is issued for one continuous stay beyond six months or so. For e.g. i have a five year multiple B1/2 for US. But i cannot stay longer than six months in a single visit.

I suspect the above situation counters that. Plus i have read this several times before although i can't search the reference right now, but it was on this very forum. If you can, please do verify through some official means.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
fkl said:
Thank you cookie, that's valuable information +1.

Though i suspect "legally admitted for at least one year" is the key. Though it is my opinion only and needs to be verified but so far, no visit visa is issued for one continuous stay beyond six months or so. For e.g. i have a five year multiple B1/2 for US. But i cannot stay longer than six months in a single visit.

I suspect the above situation counters that. Plus i have read this several times before although i can't search the reference right now, but it was on this very forum. If you can, please do verify through some official means.
Thank you too. I will research some more. Such information is very helpful to all.

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
cookie27 said:

CIC says:

It means that people who enter to the US under visa waiver are not eligible to apply work permit there? Actually I thought same thing, then I called VAC over 10 times. I asked them that can I apply my work permit through VAC even if I can stay in the US only maximum 90 days. Then always all agents told me I can. I thought I need a status in Canada, too; even as visitor. Then I am eligible to apply it at VAC. Even they told me that what if I come to the US as a visitor from our country directly without any states in Canada (even I had never been to Canada), I still can apply work permit through the VAC..... I am super confused.
BTW, I heard that someone who is in Canada currently and wants to send application from within Canada to NY office, but the procedure is not available anymore. Is that true? Does anybody know that? Thanks!