fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Currently, in general the situation is highly unanticipated due to PAFSCO strikes in some embassies and resultant back log created vs few in which no strike is being held. Also the recent reforms (april 2013) in temp worker permits have slowed down the LMO as well as the visa process.

I know that for e.g. London visa office approved a few cases which took around 12 to 14 weeks (up to 4 weeks or more longer than the standard stated time line etc.).

But it just depends.

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
fkl said:
Currently, in general the situation is highly unanticipated due to PAFSCO strikes in some embassies and resultant back log created vs few in which no strike is being held. Also the recent reforms (april 2013) in temp worker permits have slowed down the LMO as well as the visa process.

I know that for e.g. London visa office approved a few cases which took around 12 to 14 weeks (up to 4 weeks or more longer than the standard stated time line etc.).

But it just depends.
But the online applications are processed at a centralized locations and their processing time is published on their web site. Has anyone received visa in that stipulated time, which is 32 days currently.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
foruaks said:
But the online applications are processed at a centralized locations and their processing time is published on their web site. Has anyone received visa in that stipulated time, which is 32 days currently.
That's not true. You better look at that link again. There are two main heads. One is applications processed and submitted INSIDE CANADA. Under this there are two tabs, one for paper based and the other for online submissions.

Where as for the applications submitted OUTSIDE CANADA there is again a detail to view by "Visa office".

Submitting application online does not mean your application will be processed CENTRALLY. If this had been the case, then every one in the world would make an online submission so they could be processed as fast as those in side Canada. You are still catered by your corresponding visa office - based upon your citizen or current legal residential status. It is just that online submission makes it a little faster (by skipping the manual evaluation, scan and uploading of file done by local visa office).

The 32 day estimate only applies if you are inside Canada. Otherwise, you should view it for your respective visa office.

PlasmodiumVivax

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 16, 2013
AOR Received.
August 16, 2013
Med's Request
August 19, 2013
Med's Done....
August 26, 2013
Interview........
NBI Docs req: Jan 14, 2014
Passport Req..
Naunahan nalang sa approval sa PR thru EE
VISA ISSUED...
Nganga pa rin Open work permit application
LANDED..........
Dec 8 2015
@fkl: as per CIC's website, it said
Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them.
To me that sounded like processing of the application can be delegated to other VACs other than in your country.

I agree though that processing times are still based on country -- still based on what I've seen here, online applications save you at least 1 month.

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
PlasmodiumVivax said:
@ fkl: as per CIC's website, it said
To me that sounded like processing of the application can be delegated to other VACs other than in your country.

I agree though that processing times are still based on country -- still based on what I've seen here, online applications save you at least 1 month.
Thanks for the information .... Looking at the CIC website, I also felt the same.

When did you apply and from where.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
"It can be delegated to VACs other than in your country"

This might be possible but i certainly don't see it as a norm, rather that would be treated as an exception.

There is a reason they put an estimate for processing times (whether paper based or online) based upon which visa office caters each applicant..

Submitting an application online and expecting it to be processed via the office inside Canada with processing time of say 32 days vs for e.g. processing time in one's own country as that in mine is around several months is pretty ridiculous. I can guarantee you, if that starts happening, every one in the world would start submitting online only and would expect to be processed at equal pace no matter where they are located. This is definitely not the case.

Having said that, i agree that online application does save SOME time and are generally processed faster than paper based applications. Just don't expect to get the same times as those of inside Canada. Rather it would be in the range of processing times given by your respective visa office.

On another note, online application DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY change your visa office. Again the detailed info on cic main website regarding processing times, pretty much clearly states that.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
fkl said:
"It can be delegated to VACs other than in your country"

This might be possible but i certainly don't see it as a norm, rather that would be treated as an exception.

There is a reason they put an estimate for processing times (whether paper based or online) based upon which visa office caters each applicant..

Submitting an application online and expecting it to be processed via the office inside Canada with processing time of say 32 days vs for e.g. processing time in one's own country as that in mine is around several months is pretty ridiculous. I can guarantee you, if that starts happening, every one in the world would start submitting online only and would expect to be processed at equal pace no matter where they are located. This is definitely not the case.

Having said that, i agree that online application does save SOME time and are generally processed faster than paper based applications. Just don't expect to get the same times as those of inside Canada. Rather it would be in the range of processing times given by your respective visa office.

On another note, online application DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY change your visa office. Again the detailed info on cic main website regarding processing times, pretty much clearly states that.
How about ONLINE application when your are currently in the U.S. (as tourist)?...coz NYC process application of those with legal status in the US (i believe this includes B1/B2 - tourist/business visa holder) and valid visitor visa to Canada. How would one know that his/her application will be processed in New York and not in the country of his/her residence or citizenship?

Hotpat73

Aug 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2013
AOR Received.
05-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
@cookie27, have you applied already of just looking for information. I am in the same situation as you, a South African on holiday visa in the US. I'm currently awaiting my positive lmo so that i can apply for my WP.

solaibabu

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
i too applied online on 14thMay
since then , no news from cic ::)
Recently my friends got their MR , who applied after me
I Hope we all get our visas soon...god bless u... :(

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Hotpat73 said:
@ cookie27, have you applied already of just looking for information. I am in the same situation as you, a South African on holiday visa in the US. I'm currently awaiting my positive lmo so that i can apply for my WP.

Hi!

I am looking for information....I am also waiting for my positive LMO. I have to make sure that if I apply online, it will be processed in NYC. I am hesitant to lodge my application by paper as original passport is required. If this happens, I will have to stay in the US for the duration of the application which now takes around 4 months or so. My plan is to stay in the US for a week or 2, then after lodging my online application, travel to Canada and wait for the approval of my WP (God willing).

Thanks.

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
solaibabu said:
Solaibabu,

Did you apply inside or outside Canada? Are you currently in Canada or US? If so, what is your current status in Canada and/or US?

Thanks!

Hotpat73

Aug 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2013
AOR Received.
05-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Hi Cookie27

My employer has a LMO and applied on 2 August to have my name put on, Service Canada told him that it takes up to 22 days to be processed. i am hoping to have the positive LMO in the next few days. I am also planning to submit online and travel to Canada after 2 weeks. I will let you know hoe things work out.

king III

Jun 25, 2013
guys can u pls help me.. i had my LMO already my work there is car washer.. but im currently working as nurse and i don't have any related experience about car washing.. question what is the best thing to do or documents to be needed so that i will got higher chance to got positive result
pls give me any idea

king III

Jun 25, 2013
solaibabu said:
@ soliababu

i want to ask about the credit card can i use another's credit card i mean can i borrowed others credit card?? and what information they will ask about the card??

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
cookie27 said:
How about ONLINE application when your are currently in the U.S. (as tourist)?...coz NYC process application of those with legal status in the US (i believe this includes B1/B2 - tourist/business visa holder) and valid visitor visa to Canada. How would one know that his/her application will be processed in New York and not in the country of his/her residence or citizenship?
Being on visit visa does not include resident legal status. You have to be a student or a work permit (H1/L1) holder in the US to be able to apply from there. Probably they won't tell you but your application most likely will be rejected or just lie dormant for months. I will have to put some effort to search the exact wordings for this, but i am pretty sure i have read the link referenced on this forum as well as on the cic official website.