+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners

olololox

Mar 28, 2013
Daisyli122 said:
I am on the same timeline with you, I am planning to send in on around 20 in Oct...
Did you get your Canadian criminal record check done? That's the only thing I'm missing.. apart from upfront medical...
I have not done an upfront medical exam, and as far as I'm aware I don't have to provide a criminal record check for Canada (www cic.gc. ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp - "These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18".

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olololox said:
I have not done an upfront medical exam, and as far as I'm aware I don't have to provide a criminal record check for Canada (www cic.gc. ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp - "These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18".
Agreed. You do NOT need a police check from the RCMP.

Duch

Aug 20, 2015
Hi,

I submitted both my PR (Inland) and OWP application for the first time on June 9th 2015. They were received on June 11th.
They returned both applications and I received the package by September 14th. (They returned my application because I forgot to sign the IMM5285)

I signed the form and re-sent the application the same day. (Following the advise of a Call Center Agent called Maria)

Now, I'm a little bit anguished for two reasons:

1. I'm not sure If I filled the OWP application properly because I only included the Checklist, the IMM5710 and the payment (since in the first announce of this pilot program, they said "complete an Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (PDF, KB) (PDF, 452.86 KB) form [IMM 5710]" - now, they say: "complete a work permit application"
2. My visitor status expires by October 22nd and I'm afraid that if the return my package again I'll fall out of status.

Should I resend My OWP application with all the documents?
Should I apply for extend my stay as a visitor?

Please help me!
Thank you

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
Hi all, has anyone gotten their OWP from the pilot program with restrictions and wanted to change it or have changed it....please let me know how it went for you please. My case is when I had applied my medical was valid but by the time they processed my WP application it expired so I got those restrictions on there n I work in the medical field so now I can't work.

olololox

Mar 28, 2013
When applying for this as part of the permanent residency application, what forms do I need to fill in?

Just IMM1570 and the fee?

Or, as requested on this page (cic. gc. ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp)?

Document Checklist [IMM 5556] (PDF, 211.23 KB) February 2015
Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] (PDF, 458.69 KB) April 2015
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 651.79 KB) April 2015
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 663.51 KB) June 2015

Arekor

Oct 1, 2015
Hi

My wife and I are looking for her immigration with the spouse program. And we are interested about the Open Work Permit program also
We will apply from inside Canada. And she is coming with a tourist visa.

On the cic website its very clear that you need to send both application at the same time. The permanent residence (with the sponsorship) and also the OWP

But I can't find a direct link to the OWP application. And when I'm looking for it I found so many things so I'm getting confused.

Is their anyone who can provide me a link for the OWP application that is working with the one year pilot program

Thank you so much in advance

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't have the link, but just search the CIC website for IMM 5710.

Make sure that you pay the correct fee for the OWP, which is $255 (not $155 as many have mistakenly paid...and had their OWP application returned).

olololox

Mar 28, 2013
Should I include a statutory declaration of common law union (IMM 5409) with the OWP application?

I'm still unsure which forms to include for the OWP application. Just IMM 5710 or all of the listed ones on the CIC site.

What's peoples experiences here?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olololox said:
Should I include a statutory declaration of common law union (IMM 5409) with the OWP application?

I'm still unsure which forms to include for the OWP application. Just IMM 5710 or all of the listed ones on the CIC site.

What's peoples experiences here?
If you have already submitted an Inland sponsorship application, you only need to submit the IMM 5710 (and pay the correct fee of $255).

No need for the Stat Dec, or anything else.

olololox

Mar 28, 2013
Ponga said:
If you have already submitted an Inland sponsorship application, you only need to submit the IMM 5710 (and pay the correct fee of $255).

No need for the Stat Dec, or anything else.
I'll be submitting my inland application and the OWP application at the same time. So, do I require more forms?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olololox said:
I'll be submitting my inland application and the OWP application at the same time. So, do I require more forms?
No. In your case, you will be qualifying for the OWP based solely on you submitting an Inland application.

Plus, by sending them both at the same time (in the same envelope to Mississauga) you'll have implied status, so there will be no need to extend your current legal status...assuming you are in status right now and will be on the day that CIC receives your application(s).

olololox

Mar 28, 2013
Ponga said:
No. In your case, you will be qualifying for the OWP based solely on you submitting an Inland application.

Plus, by sending them both at the same time (in the same envelope to Mississauga) you'll have implied status, so there will be no need to extend your current legal status...assuming you are in status right now and will be on the day that CIC receives your application(s).
Thanks Ponga that is incredibly helpful.
Do you have a link to somewhere on the CIC site where I can read about having implied status by submitting both?

Arekor

Oct 1, 2015
Ponga said:
I don't have the link, but just search the CIC website for IMM 5710.

Make sure that you pay the correct fee for the OWP, which is $255 (not $155 as many have mistakenly paid...and had their OWP application returned).
Thank you Ponga. I really appreciate w.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

So this is the page for that specific application for the OWP when you apply from inside for a permanent residence with a sponsorship

Thank you again. I just want to make sure because I don't want to make any mistake.

And I need to pay $255 for the OWP

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Hi guys I have a question.

If I will submit my OWP I will have implied status?
I am an international student and my visa will expired in 2017.
so is it kay if I will not enroll on my second sem until I wait for my OWP to come?