Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
Hello, has anyone travelled to a non-visa exempt country with just their OWP, but no AIP yet? And was able to enter Canada without any hassle? What documents should one bring? Many thanks!

bokke

Feb 22, 2013
chrismgallen said:
No problem, glad it came! Make sure that you check ECAS now that you have your UCI.

I will thanks again didn't even know that exists lol. On a side note, I do not know if this is known but I have read some topics about OHIP and the confusion around it. I went to renew my health card today and I had to show them the employment letter even though case 27 WP are said not to require it. What they have told me at Service Ontario is that only persons with OWP issued after AIP are eligible immediately for OHIP, if you are in this pilot program and get the OWP before the AIP you are required to give them proof of employment. That's my experience with the matter.

P.S. on the paper i got it states that my new health card will be active starting September 27th, does that mean I don't have coverage till then?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Thopkins56 said:
I thought it seemed a little odd as well, everyone else is getting type 27. But at the bottom is says pending FC APR, and I didn't do my medical yet, so maybe that is the reason?
Nope, that's exactly what it says at the bottom of the Pilot OWP, even if you did upfront medical.

You're lucky. Go get healthcare, Type 27 is the bad OWP, 20 is the good one.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Nope, that's exactly what it says at the bottom of the Pilot OWP, even if you did upfront medical.

You're lucky. Go get healthcare, Type 27 is the bad OWP, 20 is the good one.
Yes Thopkins56 has gotten very lucky on his/her OWP. Was suppose to get OWP case 27 instead of case 20. CIC is known to make a few obvious glaring mistakes. Applicants that suppose to get conditional PR has gotten no condition 51 stamped and visa versa. Inland applicants like Jamesdavid has gotten OWP while he was "out of status".

dee365

May 28, 2015
Thopkins56 said:
I thought it seemed a little odd as well, everyone else is getting type 27. But at the bottom is says pending FC APR, and I didn't do my medical yet, so maybe that is the reason?
I did my medical upfront and got the pilot OWP for one year case 20. My passport is valid for 7 years. I don't understand why some persons get OWP valid for 2 years case 27 while others get 1 Year OWP case 20. At the bottom of mine it says pending FC APR also. The only thing I can say is if the application is sent to Mississauga you get 2 yrs. OWP case 27 and if it is sent to Vegreville you get 1 year OWP case 20.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dee365 said:
I did my medical upfront and got the pilot OWP for one year case 20. My passport is valid for 7 years. I don't understand why some persons get OWP valid for 2 years case 27 while others get 1 Year OWP case 20. At the bottom of mine it says pending FC APR also. The only thing I can say is if the application is sent to Mississauga you get 2 yrs. OWP case 27 and if it is sent to Vegreville you get 1 year OWP case 20.
From my own understanding, if your first stage approval is out then you'll only get 1 year on your OWP because they assume you should have completed the entire programme by 12 months.

dee365

May 28, 2015
PTJ said:
From my own understanding, if your first stage approval is out then you'll only get 1 year on your OWP because they assume you should have completed the entire programme by 12 months.
Oh wow if that's the case I would be very happy. I was very worried that I would have to apply for OWP again and pay again.

nayeem01

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
28 October, 2015
Med's Done....
09 June, 2016
Passport Req..
23 September, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 October, 2016
LANDED..........
27 October, 2016
Hi,

I need some help.

My Scenario:
1. I have applied PR July-2015 as an Inland applicant under Ontario PNP, my wife is also included in my PR application (Didnt receive any AOR so far)
2. Currently I am under PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit)
3. My Wife is in back home
4. Want to apply OWP (Open Work Permit) for my Wife

My questions are as below:
Question 01: Is this the group to ask question for my scenario?
Question 02: Can I apply OWP for my wife under this pilot OWP program, if no is there any way to bring her here?
Question 03: If I apply OWP for my spouse, does it affect our PR application.

Please advise. And if I missed anything, please share.

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Today I got my opw. Valid for 2 years. Issued August 26,2015. Submitted the application June 18th. (2nd time)

binnie

Oct 17, 2014
Hi Ii sent my inland PR app on 17 March 2015. I am a PGWP holder expiring dec 2015. I sent SCLPC oWP app on 2nd July to vegreville office and was received on 3rd July according to Purolator. I didn't apply OWP app along with pR app because I had 9 months of PGWP left when I sent my PR app. I applied for OWP 6 months earlier before my PGWP expires because I didn't want to expire my driving license and medical card so I can receive my OWP.

Now it's 2 months since I have applied for SCLPC OWP. When should I expect to receive my OWP?

Kiki-sinche

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
AOR1: 02/05/2016, SA: 02/18/2016, AOR2(3rd line): 03/29/2016
Good morning,

By any chance, did CIC provide any clear expiration date for this pilot project please? Me and my fiance are in a process to get our civil wedding done in the next few days. I know that get the wedding certificate might take a couple of weeks and we'd need it in order to apply from what I understood. I want to ensure that I would still have the opportunity to be part of the project and get a chance to receive the open-permit inland in order to work during the PR process?

I tried to find the info but didn't really find anything clear except that it's a one year.

Thanks a lot,

Kevin :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
xxxma3dl said:
Hello, has anyone travelled to a non-visa exempt country with just their OWP, but no AIP yet? And was able to enter Canada without any hassle? What documents should one bring? Many thanks!
You would need a valid visitor visa to enter Canada for one.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binnie said:
Hi Ii sent my inland PR app on 17 March 2015. I am a PGWP holder expiring dec 2015. I sent SCLPC oWP app on 2nd July to vegreville office and was received on 3rd July according to Purolator. I didn't apply OWP app along with pR app because I had 9 months of PGWP left when I sent my PR app. I applied for OWP 6 months earlier before my PGWP expires because I didn't want to expire my driving license and medical card so I can receive my OWP.

Now it's 2 months since I have applied for SCLPC OWP. When should I expect to receive my OWP?
It typically takes ~ 3-4 months, so you should see it bewteen mid-October and mid-November, but...did you pay the full amount, which is $255 (NOT $155)?

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hey Guys

I am applying for my wife inside canada and I am a permanent Resident of canada. In the checklist

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5443E.pdf

Their is a option says:

TO be Completed by Sponsor

Either : Sponsership Evaluation IMM 5481( Excepts Residents of Quebec) or : If your spouse or common law partner has dependent children included in this application who have children of their own, Financial Evaluation (Imm 1283)

Do I have to fill 5481 or 1283 as we don't have any kids or dependents. It's just me and my wife.

Another question

Under to Be completed by both Applicant and sponsor.

The first form is for representative as we are doing by our own so it doesnt apply on us.

Next option says. This checklist 5443E

Do I have to fill all the forms like Generic forms, dependents, background information etc which my wife has to fill at the starting of checklist?

Please help Experts.

Thanks

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
scylla said:
You would need a valid visitor visa to enter Canada for one.
Thanks for your response Scylla. I do have a visitor visa.