Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Can anybody explain the difference between case type 20 and case type 27 on the OWP?

Farjaw

Feb 27, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have applied in April 2015 for an open work permit under the one year pilot program from 22nd December, for those spouses who are waiting to get their PR. In the meantime I have maintained my visitor extension status. Luckily the next day CIC contacted me and asked me to do my medical examinations (from which I assume that my first principal approval Inland Spousal Sponsorship is done).

I would like to know if anybody has received their Work Permits yet under this one year pilot program? And how long was the processing time. I know that in the CIC website it is mentioned, that it will be processed within 4months. I am just curious if somebody is already waiting longer than 4 months.... or maybe received it earlier??? Also, do I get it faster, after getting the medical exams done?

Would be great to hear anything from your experiences!!!

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
I received my OWP 10 weeks for me after OWP + PR apps were sent to CIC

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
danny87 said:
Can anybody explain the difference between case type 20 and case type 27 on the OWP?
Any case ending in a 7 is not valid for Health Care as per Health Ontario's decision two months ago.

27 is not really recognized as a work permit, it's more of a document that allows you to work and shows that you submitted an application for permanent residence.

Case 20 is a temporary worker, in Canada for the purpose of 6-month temporary work. For whatever reason they give this case type health care.

ralp27

Dec 27, 2013
We've been waiting for the OWP of my husband and it has been 4 months and no news, so we called the call center yesterday and the agent said there is no record of OWP on their system. How is that possible when they sent us 2 AORs of our PR application. We are definitely sure that the OWP application is with the PR application we sent. Is there anyone here with the same experience? What shall we do? My husband's visit visa is expiring this month so does that mean we have to apply for an extension? This is so stressful. :(

cuttingman

Oct 16, 2013
my wife's OWP was rejected due to cic did not recieved the PR application. That was strange ...we applied PR 2014 march and this year February we submitted OWP application. We included copy of our PR application and fee receipt too along with OWP application. CIC says that it will take 17 months to assses the first stage of application. If they didn't open the PR application file, how they can say that they didn't received it. do we need to resubmit the OWP application or file a case in federal court? help us please....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cuttingman said:
my wife's OWP was rejected due to cic did not recieved the PR application. That was strange ...we applied PR 2014 march and this year February we submitted OWP application. We included copy of our PR application and fee receipt too along with OWP application. CIC says that it will take 17 months to assses the first stage of application. If they didn't open the PR application file, how they can say that they didn't received it. do we need to resubmit the OWP application or file a case in federal court? help us please....
You need to somehow confirm that CIC received your PR application. There's no point going to federal court if for some reason CIC didn't even received your PR app. I see that last October your first OWP was refused well before stage 1 processing. This seems very strange to me. It's like CIC received your OWP application but not your PR application. Do you have a file number for your PR application?

cuttingman

Oct 16, 2013
scylla said:
You need to somehow confirm that CIC received your PR application. There's no point going to federal court if for some reason CIC didn't even received your PR app. I see that last October your first OWP was refused well before stage 1 processing. This seems very strange to me. It's like CIC received your OWP application but not your PR application. Do you have a file number for your PR application?
Thanks for reply. Do you know how I can confirm that CIC received my wife's PR application?. We send the application package using regular mail (big mistake or?) in march 2014 along with OWP. They first rejected OWP stating that my wife cannot apply OWP before stage 1 processing. So we wait until the consideration of first stage of PR application. Then pilot program for OWP announced on dec 2014 so She applied once again OWP along with the copy of general Pr application, fee receipt etc. Once again pilot program OWP also rejected stating that "you failed to meet the elgibility requirements for SCLPC OWP because there is no application for PR received" Do u think best idea to tackle this is to reply Pr application along with OWP? If so do we need to withdraw our PR application first? We didn't recieve any mail from CIC regarding incompleteness of PR application or any other. We didn't even receive the PR file number too. I think our application may lost in CIC. I don't know how to recover it. Any one please help me.

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
cuttingman said:
Thanks for reply. Do you know how I can confirm that CIC received my wife's PR application?. We send the application package using regular mail (big mistake or?) in march 2014 along with OWP. They first rejected OWP stating that my wife cannot apply OWP before stage 1 processing. So we wait until the consideration of first stage of PR application. Then pilot program for OWP announced on dec 2014 so She applied once again OWP along with the copy of general Pr application, fee receipt etc. Once again pilot program OWP also rejected stating that "you failed to meet the elgibility requirements for SCLPC OWP because there is no application for PR received" Do u think best idea to tackle this is to reply Pr application along with OWP? If so do we need to withdraw our PR application first? We didn't recieve any mail from CIC regarding incompleteness of PR application or any other. We didn't even receive the PR file number too. I think our application may lost in CIC. I don't know how to recover it. Any one please help me.
Hi I think it's because when you submitted your pr application on March 2014 you included the OPW app without waiting for the FILE NUMBER or what they call AOR. That's a mistake. Since the one year pilot project was just launched last dec you should have waited for the file number to be sent to you before you apply for the opw. Now all you need to do is to contact them maybe show them the receipt of the application and all the supporting documents that will prove that you submitted your app then you can go from there. I hope this will help you. This is just base from my opinion.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreematt said:
Hi I think it's because when you submitted your pr application on March 2014 you included the OPW app without waiting for the FILE NUMBER or what they call AOR. That's a mistake. Since the one year pilot project was just launched last dec you should have waited for the file number to be sent to you before you apply for the opw. Now all you need to do is to contact them maybe show them the receipt of the application and all the supporting documents that will prove that you submitted your app then you can go from there. I hope this will help you. This is just base from my opinion.
There is nothing wrong in as much the OWP application was sent with the PR application together. In fact that is the normal practice because they will simply treat the PR application 1st stage first then process the OWP after prior to introduction of the Pilot Scheme....I think where the problem is now is that CIC messed up the PR application and someone somewhere failed to process it or they did not receive it at all. And yes it is a BIG mistake sending out such application with important document using ordinary mail. But you can't continue to blame yourself now because it will further depress you. Best thing to do now is to think of what to do...and to me the starting point will be trying to establish what went wrong with the PR application. Unfortunately it might be so difficult because it was not registered and you may not have any proof that it was posted.

Secondly since March 2014 after sending the PR application, you suppose to have received some form of communication from CIC about the PR application if indeed it was received by them. If there has been no communication and no UCI and you've not been able to monitor the progress of the application online then that is a strong reason to panic that something is not right. Unfortunately it is really hard to advice on what's the next step should be now but if I found myself in this situation, I will submit fresh application with OWP and in 4 months you'll get the OWP...while you continue to pursue this old application to know what actually happened to it.

Farjaw

Feb 27, 2015
I can recommend you following advice when sending applications to CIC.
Make sure you have a tracking number from Canada Post or any Post Company. That way you can track online when your application was received and you can see who has received your file with date and signature, name.
That is a good proof for the beginning when dealing with CIC agents on the phone. Also print out the post tracking site and keep a copy with you in case you have to proof.
The problem also is, even if the documents reach in the office, the CIC agent cannot see it in his system because it shows up in their system after 5 months or later even.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
Any case ending in a 7 is not valid for Health Care as per Health Ontario's decision two months ago.

27 is not really recognized as a work permit, it's more of a document that allows you to work and shows that you submitted an application for permanent residence.

Case 20 is a temporary worker, in Canada for the purpose of 6-month temporary work. For whatever reason they give this case type health care.
It really makes no sense that the OWP issued under the pilot program and the OWP that is issued after AIP each have Case Type: 27

The AIP OWP is issued after the applicant's relationship with his/her sponsor has been approved...compared to the OWP that is issued solely based on CIC's receipt of the Inland application. Shouldn't the AIP OWP offer more `benefits' for the holder?!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
It really makes no sense that the OWP issued under the pilot program and the OWP that is issued after AIP each have Case Type: 27

The AIP OWP is issued after the applicant's relationship with his/her sponsor has been approved...compared to the OWP that is issued solely based on CIC's receipt of the Inland application. Shouldn't the AIP OWP offer more `benefits' for the holder?!
OWP offers no additional perks at all unless you're a refugee, foreign worker, or foreign student, or a spouse of any of those.

They don't care that you waited 20 months to get the stupid thing.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
OWP offers no additional perks at all unless you're a refugee, foreign worker, or foreign student, or a spouse of any of those.

They don't care that you waited 20 months to get the stupid thing.
I can understand Ontario service denying Pilot OWP for OHIP coverage. This is to prevent a flood of people who applied for pilot OWP for the sole purpose of getting health coverage, no intention of working at all. Even you admitted yourself that you applied for that purpose for your spouse too.

Health care is the provinces domain and should not have Federal Government dictating to them how one qualifies for health care. Ontario wants proof that the applicant is, at least, approved in principle for PR. Pilot OWP does not provide this proof at all only that the application has been submitted, nothing more. If you want coverage under the pilot OWP, your spouse need to start working. Once the spouse starts working, then the pilot OWP would be the same as OWP.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
guys,is the open work permit for people who are in Canada(as visitors) with their spouse and sent already their OUTLAND permanent residence application or only for INLAND applicants?