+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners

ROOPsy

Sep 12, 2014
I hope somebody will be able to answer my questions....
Is sent PR application with Work Permit in September 2014. I was expecting OW under Pilot program but in April I was told by call centre that they can't see my OWP application attached to PR file. The agent advised me to send another application to Vegreville with explanation. My MP followed up and they said wait 97 days.
My MP checked again and they said I might have to wait for 16 months as My work permit was expired when I sent application 2nd time. But It was valid when I sent it back in September....
My life is pn hold basically. Its so stressfull to wait another 8 months. Anybody can suggest something...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROOPsy said:
I hope somebody will be able to answer my questions....
Is sent PR application with Work Permit in September 2014. I was expecting OW under Pilot program but in April I was told by call centre that they can't see my OWP application attached to PR file. The agent advised me to send another application to Vegreville with explanation. My MP followed up and they said wait 97 days.
My MP checked again and they said I might have to wait for 16 months as My work permit was expired when I sent application 2nd time. But It was valid when I sent it back in September....
My life is pn hold basically. Its so stressfull to wait another 8 months. Anybody can suggest something...
If your WP was in fact expired when CIC received your second OWP application...that means that you are out of status and must now wait until you have first stage approval on your PR application, known as Approval In Principle (AIP) before you can get your OWP.

Unfortunately, there's really nothing that you can do now but wait.

arbogast

Jun 24, 2015
Hi guys. I've read most of this post but didn't find out solution to my problems. I apologize if there is a solution and i didn't see it.
I'm about to send my pr and owp application(my wife is sponsoring me).
I have a valid lmia with my company that expires on 14. oct. this year.
my goal: I wish to obtain open work permit but i don't want to leave my employer yet. I still want to work for my employer till the end of the year.
my questions: On a 5710 form should i select a work permit with the same employer or and intial work permit or a work permit with the new
employer

what should i put under the intended work in Canada?Should i put my current employer or leave it blank or N/A
Most important:What happens if i don't receive my owp when my lmia ends? am i on the "implied" status and can continue to
work or no?

does my employer need to pay any fees or submit any forms prior to my pr and owp applications($230,Employer compliance
fee)

thank you all in advance for your answers

ROOPsy

Sep 12, 2014
Thank you Ponga for your response...
But it was their call centre agent who told me to send second application and Won't they look at my first work permit application as my PR file is under process now? Since they have opened my PR file now, Wouldn't they see my Work Permit application along with it and consider it???

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROOPsy said:
Thank you Ponga for your response...
But it was their call centre agent who told me to send second application and Won't they look at my first work permit application as my PR file is under process now? Since they have opened my PR file now, Wouldn't they see my Work Permit application along with it and consider it???
It really all depends on whether or not they find your original OWP application.

If they do, you would not have lost your status and would qualify for the faster pilot program OWP.

If they do not...they will continue to say that you are out of status and must wait for AIP to get your [regular] OWP.

ROOPsy

Sep 12, 2014
Thank you Ponga....
My MP is following up with them.....they already confessed that they have two applications of mine....
Lets hope for the best........
Everything is upon MP now....

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
arbogast said:
my questions: On a 5710 form should i select a work permit with the same employer or and intial work permit or a work permit with the new
employer

what should i put under the intended work in Canada?Should i put my current employer or leave it blank or N/A
Most important:What happens if i don't receive my owp when my lmia ends? am i on the "implied" status and can continue to
work or no?

does my employer need to pay any fees or submit any forms prior to my pr and owp applications($230,Employer compliance
fee)
Select "Work permit with a new employer".

Leave the employment/LMIA sections blank.

You will have Implied Status as a worker when your current work permit expires and can continue working under the exact same conditions.

Your employer has nothing to do with this application. You must pay the fees yourself.

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
just an update guys...aftEr the long wait.i finally got my OWP... :D

approved May 06, 2015
received June 25, 2015 (wooww...snaiiillll maiiiillll) lol
valid 'til May 05, 2017

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
raffylopezcutora said:

approved May 06, 2015
valid 'til May 05, 2017
Finally! Lol

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raffylopezcutora said:

approved May 06, 2015
valid 'til May 05, 2017
:D Finally! Was it sent from the Moon?

arbogast

Jun 24, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Select "Work permit with a new employer".

Leave the employment/LMIA sections blank.

You will have Implied Status as a worker when your current work permit expires and can continue working under the exact same conditions.

Your employer has nothing to do with this application. You must pay the fees yourself.
Thank you for your answers.

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
PTJ said:
:D Finally! Was it sent from the Moon?
i think they used a real 'snail' to send my mail... ;D

Ines86

Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
I received my OWP today :)

approved June 23, 2015, received June 26, 2015, valid for 2 Years.

I phoned on June 15, 2015 and asked about my OWP, it took them only week to work on it. Thats so quick. And even Canada Post was amazing fast from Ontario to Alberta in just a few days.

Can someone update the spreadsheet for me? Thanks

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raffylopezcutora said:

approved May 06, 2015
valid 'til May 05, 2017
Is there any reason why they gave some 1 year and other 2 years OWP even when their passport is still valid for more than 3 years?