+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one year job offer rules

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding following express entry rules:

The points you can get for a job offer has changed.

you can earn a total of 50 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 0, A or B occupation
you can earn a total of 200 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 00 occupation.

A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident.

I belong to NOC A and I have a valid one year job offer starting from 10th March 2017 to 10th March 2018 and I will be applying for PR in April, will I get those 50 points?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
kannan24 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding following express entry rules:

The points you can get for a job offer has changed.

you can earn a total of 50 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 0, A or B occupation
you can earn a total of 200 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 00 occupation.

A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident.

I belong to NOC A and I have a valid one year job offer starting from 10th March 2017 to 10th March 2018 and I will be applying for PR in April, will I get those 50 points?
No. You need an offer for a year after you become a PR. If you apply in April, you become a PR in Octobor (assuming a 6 month processing time.) That leaves you with an offer of less than a year.

Also, you need to have been working with the employer named on your work permit for at least one year prior to applying for PR. I'm assuming, of course, that you don't have an LMIA.

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
ashu1710 said:
No. You need an offer for a year after you become a PR. If you apply in April, you become a PR in Octobor (assuming a 6 month processing time.) That leaves you with an offer of less than a year.

Also, you need to have been working with the employer named on your work permit for at least one year prior to applying for PR. I'm assuming, of course, that you don't have an LMIA.
Thanks..am having 439 without job offer..by any chance can we expect this points in next draw ? :(

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
It's very possible. The last one was 441. If you aren't sure about claiming points don't risk it. Stick at 439 for a few weeks, an ITA should come your way.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
kannan24 said:
Thanks..am having 439 without job offer..by any chance can we expect this points in next draw ? :(
You have a pretty good chance of getting invited in the next 2-3 draws.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vaishalig said:
If current WP is expiring less than 12 months and my employer is giving a experience letter and adding a line that he intend to keep the job offer once I get the PR, will that help to get that 50 points?
As long as you have already worked for them for 1 year on a closed work permit (with the employers name on the work permit), yes.

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
is it possible to Tag upfront medicals with new express entry profile ?

I am planning to withdraw my PR application and create the new profile in CIC . Is it possible to tag the upfront medical record which i have donr sometime on Feb 2017 with the new Express entry number. Please advise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: is it possible to Tag upfront medicals with new express entry profile ?

kannan24 said:
I am planning to withdraw my PR application and create the new profile in CIC . Is it possible to tag the upfront medical record which i have donr sometime on Feb 2017 with the new Express entry number. Please advise.
You can use the same medicals.

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
Hi All,

I have a question too. I can see from this thread that a job offer for the purpose of EE means job offer AFTER PR, not offer originally signed.

Im in PNP Skilled Worker steam, paper based, and asked for a pay rise thinking it could kick in AFTER I get PR, please see my tread here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pnp-job-offer-salary-starting-on-pr-or-the-moment-i-get-ita-t475768.0.html;msg5792290#msg5792290

The BC PNP site says this:

Applications will not be approved where there are reasonable grounds to believe that the
offered wage has been inflated or increased for the purpose of meeting BC PNP minimum
income requirements or receiving a higher registration score.

If you are working for your B.C. employer on a valid work permit, you must be able to demonstrate a
history of earning the offered wage and a history of meeting minimum income requirements prior to
submitting a registration and application to the BC PNP. Entry level and semi-skilled applicants must
be able to demonstrate a history of meeting the applicable income threshold requirement for the full
nine month period prior to submitting a registration and application.

I think I am in trouble... the point difference is only 1 tho. My points are at 88 and I just got ITA, if i didnt asked for the raise ( which has not kicked in yet) I would have been at 87, and the last draw was at 85.

Thoughts anyone?

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
Re: is it possible to Tag upfront medicals with new express entry profile ?

DelPiero07 said:
You can use the same medicals.
Kindly let me know the process to map the upfront medicals with my new profile

rajeeb9999

Nov 6, 2017
As long as you have already worked for them for 1 year on a closed work permit (with the employers name on the work permit), yes.
I have similar case, I am working from two years with same employer on closed work permit and employer name mentioned on WP but as per offer letter from company it's valid upto Nov 2018 only but has valid work permit upto 2020. Should I apply with job offer to get 50 points or it will rejected after getting ITA based on these documents.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I have similar case, I am working from two years with same employer on closed work permit and employer name mentioned on WP but as per offer letter from company it's valid upto Nov 2018 only but has valid work permit upto 2020. Should I apply with job offer to get 50 points or it will rejected after getting ITA based on these documents.
The job offer should be valid for at least one-year after you become a PR - so a job offer valid until Nov 2018 won't be eligible for it. The way my employer did it, was to issue a job offer until Dec 2019. Unless my application takes an exceptionally long time, it should still be valid for one year.

A work permit is not a job offer, as explicitly mentioned by the IRCC.