+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One year deferral to an university, will there be any problems with immigration?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny229 said:
sabby thank you for you reply. actually my session will start somewhere in the middle of september so i will arrive at canada on september instead of august, which means i have to do my medical again...i have to contact the cic for this right?
also, i'm confused as to why the cic would tell me to cancel my visa and permit and reapply...what do you think could be the reason for this?
please answer these 2 questions, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
As said earlier, I wouldn't take the chance. Though you still have plenty of time, you can re-apply with deferral letter. But as said earlier, had it been I, I won't take a chance. I would rather land a month ahead of start date in last week of August just to even avoid the possibility of medical being an issue.

Sunny229

Oct 24, 2013
But can't I do medical for my current visa? I mean I know my medical will be fine, there's nothing wrong with me, so would it possible to do another medical for the visa i received this year? or would i have to reapply for another medical?
pls reply

cheetaguy

Aug 5, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny229 said:
But can't I do medical for my current visa? I mean I know my medical will be fine, there's nothing wrong with me, so would it possible to do another medical for the visa i received this year? or would i have to reapply for another medical?
pls reply
Did you receive Letter of Introduction with your visa? Every one does. The LOI states that you must enter Canada no later than the date .............! Please check your letter of introduction and see what's the last date mentioned in it for you to enter Canada!

Sunny229

Oct 24, 2013
yes, the LOI's date is 2017, which is why i'm confused that the cic said i should reapply for another visa next year...and that doesn't still solve the issue of medical.
pls reply

cheetaguy

Aug 5, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny229 said:
yes, the LOI's date is 2017, which is why i'm confused that the cic said i should reapply for another visa next year...and that doesn't still solve the issue of medical.
pls reply
May be because your Medicals will expire by then!

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheetaguy said:
May be because your Medicals will expire by then!
Well, there is no official confirmation of medical being required in such a scenario. Hence, do not panic and just land there in August last week. If you are so worried, then be prepared to re-apply for Visa.

That's the best what I believe anyone can suggest you.

Sunny229

Oct 24, 2013
I am only worried because when i told the cic about my situation, they to me to reapply for visa rather than use my current one to go next year...why do you think they suggested this?

Sunny229

Oct 24, 2013
can anyone pls answer my question? when i told the cic about my situation, they to me to reapply for visa rather than use my current one to go next year...why do you think they suggested this?

cheetaguy

Aug 5, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you tell CIC that you want to be in Canada in September 2014, I mean did you mention to them the month?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
about the medicals all I can say is that even if you do the medicals again, what are you gonna do with them?

How are you going to provide them to CIC? Under what category would CIC take your medicals? DO they need to take your medicals? Would Embassy even entertain your only medicals request?

I think answers to these questions will answer some of your questions..

Sunny229

Oct 24, 2013
yes i mentioned the month in my email, they said to cancel my current visa and reapply next year...why would they say that when both my visa and study permit are valid for the next few years?
also, i only asked about the medical cause i read somewhere that medicals are valid up to a year only...is this true?
pls reply

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Sunny229 said:
yes i mentioned the month in my email, they said to cancel my current visa and reapply next year...why would they say that when both my visa and study permit are valid for the next few years?
also, i only asked about the medical cause i read somewhere that medicals are valid up to a year only...is this true?
pls reply
all I can say is that the Immigration officer may give you hassle when you to POE because of expired medicals...the reason why embassy is asking you to go through the process is because they cannot guarantee if the border officer will let you in...only if you have new medicals and new visa they can be sure but the decision is still in hands of Border officer...

best thing you should have done is come to canada as soon as you got the visa...but that ship has sailed now..

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny229 said:
pls reply
well now it's about what you wana hear, alright no problem, you should go ahead! Many people have told you, even if you under go the medical now, medical report is not given to you, it directly goes to CHC, and if you take a medical report from any other hospital then not designated by CHC, it won't be considered. at POE, I have never heard anyone being asked for medical, they check just your LOI, passport, TRV and approval letter.

but then yeah you wish to hear something else.