+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One Day after Arriving (What a Wonderful World)

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
modelarry said:
congrats SFD, will be coming to canada soon, just got my PPR recently.
any advice for me?
Hi Modelarry,

Glad you are ready to come to Canada:

Advices? Plenty of them..
My dear, first of all,

1) If you have children, make sure you to bring all school proofs and if you are willing to send them to catholic schools bring the baptism certificate (if your documents are not in English or French, work on that).

2) Bring all the money you can as Canada is expensive. Everything has a price. For instance, I didn't have any credit or work reference so when leasing, I had to give 5-6 months rent ahead in order for me to get the negociation done. (It took me 2 hours to discuss and to sign a One year leasing). I decided to live in Mississauga for now) I am in a decent area, thanks God.

3) English, English and English... Spend time with your spouse and children if you have them and get to study the most you can. At this point, you are set to come so my advice is a bit late... In mi case, English, was part of our lives since my children came to our lives.. Now, they are doing great after three months... My oldest one has been picked to participate in the Waterloo Math Contest for next year. Back home, we spent a great amount of time teaching them and making sure, they had the basic knowledge of English... The Youngest girl we have, Speak Spanish, English and she is good at French.... I am not braging, it's the fact that when you give in time and effort, you get great results.

4) Be optimist: There is no free lunch in life!!! One need to work as hard as possible and sometimes, things don't work the way we want to, but what the heck.... No body is perfect. Try to get enrolled in school, read a lot, go to Job Fairs, build a Networking plataform with people in your field. Become member of those entities that are of your interest. Remember the song that Gaga sings.. You were born to be brave!!!

5) Finally, Canada has not obligated you to come... You have chosen to come so be proactive... If things don't work our at first, be positive and focus on small things such as enjoying going to the grocery, shopping centres, taking the bus, attendind school meetings, gettin your driving license and so on.

May God Bless you forever.

SFD

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday, the Ontario Health Insurance became effective for my family after 90 days of landing.

I am very glad: I didn't have any other private or publich health care coverage for these 90 days... This is something I don't recommend you to do as things happen and if you have children under 8 yrs old, they get to get more cold and other health issues..

I took the chance with my family, but I still had the coverage back home just in case...

SFD

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
SFD said:
Hi Modelarry,

May God Bless you forever.

SFD
Wel said SFD ..!!

Cheers...

harshanimrani

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2008
Med's Request
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
23-04-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-OCTOBER-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-OCTOBER-2011
LANDED..........
with gold blessings very soon 2012
SFD said:
Yesterday, the Ontario Health Insurance became effective for my family after 90 days of landing.

I am very glad: I didn't have any other private or publich health care coverage for these 90 days... This is something I don't recommend you to do as things happen and if you have children under 8 yrs old, they get to get more cold and other health issues..

I took the chance with my family, but I still had the coverage back home just in case...

SFD
HI,

I hope everything is going good , Dear i went to ask AXA insurance for travel they told me very clearly if u are cancel Ur Dubai visa Ur insurance claim will not happen , i am not sure about India

Best Regards
Harsha

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
SFD,
Please what is the meaning of COPR ? I wish you a merry christmas and a happy stay in Canada.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Alfpharm said:
SFD,
Please what is the meaning of COPR ? I wish you a merry christmas and a happy stay in Canada.
Confirmation of Permanent residence [COPR]. COPR is a form you get at the same time you get your visa.

When you complete your record of landing you hand over the passport and the COPR. They will cross through the visa (since that is for 1 time landing only) and fill in the COPR form and staple the back copy of the form into your passport.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alfpharm said:
SFD,
Hi Alfpharm,

COPR = Confirmation Of Permanent Residence

When one do his/her landing the Immigration Officer gives you a sheet with the basic information about your case... It is your Permanent Residence Proof while you get the Plastic Card.

One get to keep that for the rest of your life: If you ever need another one, you just can request it.

SFD

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harshanimrani said:
HI,

I hope everything is going good , Dear i went to ask AXA insurance for travel they told me very clearly if u are cancel Ur Dubai visa Ur insurance claim will not happen , i am not sure about India

Best Regards
Harsha
Harshahimrani,

Well, I am not from India so I really cannot comment about your question whether claims can be made from India. Back in the Dominican Republic, which is the place I used to live, as long as you don't let them know you are abroad and payments are made on time, you can make claims...

Greetings

SFD

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Time is flying big time. New Year's eve it's on the way...

Friday was my last day from the ELT Program. Returning on Jan 9th 2012.

Next month, I am going to start some volunteering which is very important in Canada. Volunteering is as important as any work experience.

I am preparing myself to have a better professional understanding of the work environment. Getting a Managerial position from the beginning is tough but not impossible.

The idea about having my own business still there: I have already registered the name of the business but it requires some time. Anyway, I can always wait...

I am tailoring my resume: While doing a multitask function in my country of origen is an A+, in Canada one needs to specialize in one field... This is not as easy as one can think.

2012 will bring many challenging situations: All positive ones. Thanks God my family is in good health, my children are doing great, I am gaining canadian education and experience.

Oh, forgot to mention that about a month ago, we bought a Minivan and this make our lives more confortable.

I hope things work out for all of you as well during 2012.

BTW, Happy Holidays...

SFD

Mhut

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/02/2006
Med's Request
06/04/2011
Med's Done....
27/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
23/10/2011
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and your family SFD.

Hope you have a prosperous and happy 2012 :)

We are starting to wrap things up in UK and move over for good in March :eek:

Mhut

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mhut said:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and your family SFD.

Hope you have a prosperous and happy 2012 :)

We are starting to wrap things up in UK and move over for good in March :eek:

Mhut
Hi Mhut,

Glad to hear from you.

Yes, 2012 will be prosperous for all of us.

March is a good time to come. Bring all of you: Confident, Personality and Desire to succed.

SFD

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

It's been a while since last time I wrote in this topic.

First of all, I am doing an internship and it's related to my background which is amazing.

Things seem to getting better. My family is doing extremely well. I took an ELT Program which is an A+ if you want to improve you communication skills and learn about the work environment and the business culture.

I have attended all type of workshops that have made a huge difference in my new life. I expanded my networking contacts and became member of many business and trade organizations as well.

As I have always said: Confidence and Attitude.

SFD

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
SFD said:
Hi Guys,

It's been a while since last time I wrote in this topic.

First of all, I am doing an internship and it's related to my background which is amazing.

Things seem to getting better. My family is doing extremely well. I took an ELT Program which is an A+ if you want to improve you communication skills and learn about the work environment and the business culture.

I have attended all type of workshops that have made a huge difference in my new life. I expanded my networking contacts and became member of many business and trade organizations as well.

As I have always said: Confidence and Attitude.

SFD
Thank you for sharing all your experiences. Wish you all the very best .
Keep sharing….

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munnimehek,

How this new CIC measure affects you?

Has your case been processed?

SFD

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
@SFD can u specify how much days it took exactly to get ure PR card from the date of landing....plz