+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One Day after Arriving (What a Wonderful World)

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muscattocanada said:
@ SFD can u specify how much days it took exactly to get ure PR card from the date of landing....plz
Hi Muscattocanada;

We did our landing on sep 03 2011 and we received the PRs on october 20-21 2011.

It might had been few days earlier or after. 45-55 days. I don't recall the exact day.

SFD

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forum Members,

I have not written lately to this thread.

As soon as I finished the Employment - Language Training Program, I started to do an Internship and I am about to finish it. The good thing is that is within my expertise and I have learned a lot.

I even had to make power presentations to the Board of Director Committee which is excited. I am leading a Global Market Opportunities Project and I am participating at business networking sessions getting to know people.

I have a 50-50 percent chance to work for them and they have express lots of interest that I would work for them.
I wrote an article about m
y pathway in Canada and will posted on a website and will be sent to CIC. I did not have to pay for this.

Canada has become so competitive when it comes to jobs. For every job available there are 500 - 1000 applicants depending on the field. Entrepreneurs are everywhere and I am sad to say that not everyone will get his/her dream come true when it comes to being successful in your own business.

We all wish to come and be successful but it takes times my dears. I have realized that the most important thing is to obtain a decent job, bring income and have your family by your side.

I really cannot complaing at this point/ Canada is a wonderful place to raise your family. My children are doing great at school and the love it.

My wife has done basically, the same thing I did. Took the Training Program. She just finished 4 months teaching volunteering. And next month she will finish her internship at PepsiCo which is a good corporation. She has good work references.

As you can see, this is a process. My advice... Let's be patience. God is great.

Feel free to ask questions.

SFD

FRITZIE

Sep 7, 2011
Hello SFD,

My family and I are also settling in mississauga.. i heard it's a great place to start for a living.. are there enough job opportunities in mississauga? me & my husband are both nurses by profession, but i know we still have to be assessed & take the exams, but i hope there will be other job opportunities there..

we will be arriving by God's will this coming May 17... we will be living by a friend in bristol road east street..

hope u can give us some inputs on job opportunities in mississauga...

thank you so much & Godbless to your family SFD :)

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FRITZIE said:
Hello SFD,

My family and I are also settling in mississauga.. i heard it's a great place to start for a living.. are there enough job opportunities in mississauga? me & my husband are both nurses by profession, but i know we still have to be assessed & take the exams, but i hope there will be other job opportunities there..

we will be arriving by God's will this coming May 17... we will be living by a friend in bristol road east street..

hope u can give us some inputs on job opportunities in mississauga...

thank you so much & Godbless to your family SFD :)
Hi Fritzie

Glad to hear from you. May God protect you on your wat to Canada.

I happen to live very close from Bristol Road.

Mississauga is very competitive. The good things for you is that your profession is on demand but you both have to take some programs to get a certification to work whitin the medical field.

My advice to you, BE PATIENCE. GOD IS GREAT AND HE IS ALWAYS LOOKING AFTER US.

Many people come and get desperate because after 3 months, no jobs have been offered. When I came to Mississauga, I did not know a single person. We came to the YYZ, went to a hotel, and then we got a place.

My best wishes to you and you family.

SFD