+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One Day after Arriving (What a Wonderful World)

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msaleem216 said:
can u through some light on kids education system about school timing, teachers, syllubus , remember my kids are in grade 4-10 pakistani school syllabus in uae
Well,

One has three options:
Public (Free)
Catholic (Free)
Private (Tuition needs to be paid)

As you may have read in this forum, childrens are accepted any time during the school year program, no matter when you come. Age is what decides which grade they are goint to. Elementary, Middle and High students need to take an assestment exam at a Centre in which they will be tested to know their level. That way, schools would know the weakness of you child and work on it.

Teachers are very easy going as long as your child does his/her work.

I decided to put mine in Catholic Schools and they are doing very good. If by any chance they go to Catholic schools, you need to provide them, some documents such as a baptism certificate. The others documents are for every school no matter which school they would attend to:
Birth Certicate
COPR
Residence address (Proof where you live)
School Records

Remeber that all documents need to be traslated to either English or French.
My own experience tells me that you won't have hard time doing this process since social workers at Service Centres love to help. Newcomers are helped a lot within the first 6 months.

Hope it helps...

SFD

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
thanks sir very informative
saleem

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Forum Readers

Lately, I have invested some time attending Seminars and working on my resume as well.

Today, I took the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBT)
Scored as follow: (8 is the highest)

Listening (8)
Speaking (8)
Reading (7)
Writing (8)

Things are not easy in Canada. To better say, we must work hard in order to achieve our main goals.
I am about to start a Business Program that will give a better understanding of the Professional view. At the same time, to know Canadian Laws...

I do believe is a matter of time: It's not who gets first... The importance of this is getting there...

Greetings

SFD

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
SFD said:
Hello my dear Forum Members

Yesterday, we did our landing at Toronto Airport and things when smooth.
The Customs Border Officers were so polite and cooperative.

No issue with POF!!!

I thanks God for all these blessings..

Thank you everyone for your support as that made my process way more easier..

God bless us all...

SFD
Thank you for sharing SFD. Wish you all the very best for a brand new life in Canada.
Cheers

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good best luck ...

OMM

SFD said:
Hello Forum Readers

Lately, I have invested some time attending Seminars and working on my resume as well.

Listening ( 8 )
Speaking ( 8 )
Reading (7)
Writing ( 8 )

Things are not easy in Canada. To better say, we must work hard in order to achieve our main goals.
I am about to start a Business Program that will give a better understanding of the Professional view. At the same time, to know Canadian Laws...

I do believe is a matter of time: It's not who gets first... The importance of this is getting there...

Greetings

SFD

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Dear SFD,

I read all the pages of your thread and really happy to know that your are doing good. Those who have the positive attitude, willingness to take risks and ready to work, will always succeed. Your journey is a good example for all the Canadian aspirants. I am sure that soon either you will get a descent job or will start own business. All the best wishes to you and your family.

We landed Toronto during July this year, stayed there for a month, visited all the nearby cities/places like Niagara, Kingston, 1000 islands, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec etc. We came back to Middle East where we are working now and exactly after 60 days of landing we got our PR Cards as well. We stayed near Scarborough and liked the place very much.

Once again wish you all the very best for your future endeavors....

Satish

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satish_lkb said:
Dear SFD,

I read all the pages of your thread and really happy to know that your are doing good. Those who have the positive attitude, willingness to take risks and ready to work, will always succeed. Your journey is a good example for all the Canadian aspirants. I am sure that soon either you will get a descent job or will start own business. All the best wishes to you and your family.

We landed Toronto during July this year, stayed there for a month, visited all the nearby cities/places like Niagara, Kingston, 1000 islands, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec etc. We came back to Middle East where we are working now and exactly after 60 days of landing we got our PR Cards as well. We stayed near Scarborough and liked the place very much.

Once again wish you all the very best for your future endeavors....

Satish
Hi Satish-lkb

Yes, there is a story for everyone. I am very glad you are set with your PRC. I received mine 6 weeks after we landed.

I came and went back.. And I was in and out. Today, I am travelling abroad for a week; I am participating at an Investment Forum...

On December 01, I will have a formal interview (Management - Entry Level) here in Mississauga, and really hope I get onto the Labor Train....

I turned down the Financial Consulting position because after having 2 interviews, I realized I don't have the kind of networking relations to be successful in the first year. Eventually, I will get the Mutal Fund and Insurance License.

Greetings and good luck wherever you are.

SFD

Silent Reader

Nov 22, 2011
SFD said:
Hello Forum Readers

Listening (8)
Speaking (8)
Reading (7)
Writing (8)

Greetings

SFD
Wishing you Good Luck

modelarry

Nov 10, 2011
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 27 2011
Doc's Request.
june 16 2011
File Transfer...
mar 18 2011
SFD said:
Hello my dear Forum Members

Yesterday, we did our landing at Toronto Airport and things when smooth.
The Customs Border Officers were so polite and cooperative.

No issue with POF!!!

I thanks God for all these blessings..

Thank you everyone for your support as that made my process way more easier..

God bless us all...

SFD
congrats SFD, will be coming to canada soon, just got my PPR recently.
any advice for me?

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
SFD said:
Hi Satish-lkb

Yes, there is a story for everyone. I am very glad you are set with your PRC. I received mine 6 weeks after we landed.

I came and went back.. And I was in and out. Today, I am travelling abroad for a week; I am participating at an Investment Forum...

On December 01, I will have a formal interview (Management - Entry Level) here in Mississauga, and really hope I get onto the Labor Train....

I turned down the Financial Consulting position because after having 2 interviews, I realized I don't have the kind of networking relations to be successful in the first year. Eventually, I will get the Mutal Fund and Insurance License.

Greetings and good luck wherever you are.

SFD
is it possible to get the Mutal Fund and Insurance License. online?

madhura3082

Dec 15, 2010
Congratulations! thats gr8 achievement and a relief of sigh to sucessfully land.. as all your efforts materialize then!!

Wish you and your family a smooth and happy life!

Me n my family are movin to toronto in Mid Feb, hope our landing becomes as smooth as yours!
in what all forms did you carried proof of funds.
We are planning to carry cash and also we have opened account with Scotia bank.
Guide me if poss.

Thanks buddy.

Madhura

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madhura3082 said:
Congratulations! thats gr8 achievement and a relief of sigh to sucessfully land.. as all your efforts materialize then!!

Me n my family are movin to toronto in Mid Feb, hope our landing becomes as smooth as yours!
Guide me if poss.

Thanks buddy.

Dear Madhura
Madhura
Dear Madhura

I had an account in RBC already..

But I decided to bring the money all in Cash!!! I informed the IO and that's it. No problem. Then, went to the bank to deposit it.

Many people do it differently.. It's up to you. I do not recommend you to do it as I did since it depends how secure or unsecure you might feel.

Good luck and hope your trip goes smooth as well.

SFD

harshanimrani

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2008
Med's Request
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
23-04-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-OCTOBER-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-OCTOBER-2011
LANDED..........
with gold blessings very soon 2012
madhura3082 said:

Guide me if poss.

Thanks buddy.

Hello Dear ,

we are also planing in Feb 2012 , Initially i am going to Victoria B.C after that after two weeks will be coming to Toronto .which date Ur planing to go Toronto ? and from where?

Regards
Harsha

Madhura

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shijoal said:
is it possible to get the Mutal Fund and Insurance License. online?
Shijoal,

I will have to check on that. I doubt it!!! I think you can get the information on line (maybe) and study on your own. But, the test? That has to be on site!!! Here in Mississauga, there is a place by the Square One Centre... It takes about 3 months to be prepared...

I have decided to wait a while before taking it...

Best Regards

SFD