+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One and the same name affidavit

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hello All - what would happen in a scenario wherein after the marriage my wife has not changed her surname? All documents that we will be uploading - Passport, ECA, IELTS score, Education details has her pre marriage surname. What is an acceptable proof in this case? Should we select No under the option whether this person has used a different name?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello All - what would happen in a scenario wherein after the marriage my wife has not changed her surname? All documents that we will be uploading - Passport, ECA, IELTS score, Education details has her pre marriage surname. What is an acceptable proof in this case? Should we select No under the option whether this person has used a different name?
If your wife has never changed her name then what is the problem? Just use her only name.

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
If your wife has never changed her name then what is the problem? Just use her only name.
Thanks Buddy for the response! I had read somewhere that when we will get the PCC it will have my surname added along with her name and surname. Again just speculation, not sure if that will really be the case. So we were wondering whether that will impact the application in any manner. While we had filled up PNP Application I had selected the option that she hasn't used a different name and we had no issues or ADR on that.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thanks Buddy for the response! I had read somewhere that when we will get the PCC it will have my surname added along with her name and surname. Again just speculation, not sure if that will really be the case. So we were wondering whether that will impact the application in any manner. While we had filled up PNP Application I had selected the option that she hasn't used a different name and we had no issues or ADR on that.
The PCC uses the name on official documents, at least as far as I understand, so that should match what you have put up in our profile.

Are you sure the PCC is using some other name?

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Well I am not 100 percent sure of the PCC question. If they use official name than it will be straight forward for me and we will not need the legal name change document. However I read here in one of the forums that the PCC document that they had received had surname of the husband appended behind the name mentioned in the passport. That made me think whether I should get the legal name change document in advance or should I wait till I get the PCC.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Well I am not 100 percent sure of the PCC question. If they use official name than it will be straight forward for me and we will not need the legal name change document. However I read here in one of the forums that the PCC document that they had received had surname of the husband appended behind the name mentioned in the passport. That made me think whether I should get the legal name change document in advance or should I wait till I get the PCC.
That must be a rare case. They don't often do that. Wait for the PCC.

May 30, 2020
Hi all,

Presently I'm in Canada and I've got an ITA today. In the permanent residency application (e-APR), I'm supposed to answer: "Has this person ever used any other name?"

The thing with my case is that my last name on the passport is Gadhavi and on my educational credentials, WES (in the section 'name on credential') and work experience letters it is Gadhvi.
In this case, considering the names only differ by an alphabet, Should I answer 'Yes' or 'No' to that question?
If I answer yes, what should I select for 'Type of name', birth or other?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Bhargav,

I believe my problem relates to you more than anybody else here.

My surname has Bhadresha on passport and Bhadresa on education certificate... Will this be a problem or the affidavit will take care of this.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

I am using this platform for the first time so not sure how I will get a revert from you, but if you could be kind enough to mail me your reply on kaushikbhadresha@hotmail.com - that is, if you are comfortable, rest you type here and I will somehow manage to search this

Thanks and regards,

Kaushik

May 30, 2020
Hi Bhargav,

I believe my problem relates to you more than anybody else here.

My surname has Bhadresha on passport and Bhadresa on education certificate... Will this be a problem or the affidavit will take care of this.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

I am using this platform for the first time so not sure how I will get a revert from you, but if you could be kind enough to mail me your reply on kaushikbhadresha@hotmail.com - that is, if you are comfortable, rest you type here and I will somehow manage to search this

Thanks and regards,

Kaushik

J-star

Jul 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-08-2020
Hi everyone..
I have a question regarding the amount of stamp paper on which I should get affidavit for one and the same person.
10 buks one will work or 100 buks ?
response will be much appreciated.

dileeplj

May 17, 2020
Hi.

My name in my passport is expanded. On my certificates its just the initials. I'am applying for ECA through IQAS. In my ECA profile, should I give name as per passport or certificates?

Jay900

Aug 29, 2020
i have a query.
for example
my name is RAMESH KUMAR on passport
and
My name is RAMESH K on all my educational qualifications.

On the first page i mentioned my name as per my passport as RAMESH KUMAR so in the next page there is a question:
"Do you have any other name(s) that appear on your official educational documents? "

actually both the names are same. but in passport it is given in expanded form and in educational certificates it is given in abbrevated form

How to answer this?

kindly help.... thanks in advance

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
i have a query.
for example
my name is RAMESH KUMAR on passport
and
My name is RAMESH K on all my educational qualifications.

On the first page i mentioned my name as per my passport as RAMESH KUMAR so in the next page there is a question:
"Do you have any other name(s) that appear on your official educational documents? "

actually both the names are same. but in passport it is given in expanded form and in educational certificates it is given in abbrevated form

How to answer this?

kindly help.... thanks in advance
I would have a one and same person affidavit made in this case.

How do IRCC know that Ramesh K is not Ramesh Khatri or Ramesh Kohli et.c