+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One and the same name affidavit

Vaani kaur

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Is that how your name appears on all documents? If no, then you need one and same person affidavit.
How many affidavits could be attached as my husband also want one.

And one thing more like both my parents added there surname on thier passports but on mine just first and lst name.
Is it okay, to provide just one affidavit to tell for myself and one for my husband?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
How many affidavits could be attached as my husband also want one.

And one thing more like both my parents added there surname on thier passports but on mine just first and lst name.
Is it okay, to provide just one affidavit to tell for myself and one for my husband?
You need one for yourself and one for your husband

Neeliakhi

Jun 21, 2019
Hi guys,

I want to submit sibling relation ship as my sister has PR, but both father and mother names in our passports have discrepancies. I reside in USA . Does one and the same person affidavit work ? From where should I get the notary done ? Is it from Indian consulate or any USA notary services ?

Planning to get this format of affidavit

AFFIDAVIT

ONE AND THE SAME PERSON

I, the undersigned, <Name>, holder of <Country> Passport Number XXXXXX do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath that:

1. I am the deponent herein and a citizen of <country>.

2. I was born on <bday> in <location>

3. My brother is <name>, a holder of Canadian Passport Number: XXXXXX, and Overseas Citizen of India Card Number: XXXXXX

4. As a proof of our sibling relationship, I am submitting my Passport and my Brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card to apply for my Canadian Permanent Residence

5. In my Passport ‘Name of Father’ is mentioned as <Name> and, in my brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card ‘Name of Father’ is mentioned as <Name>

6. In my Passport ‘Name of Mother is mentioned as <Name> and, in my brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card ‘Name of Mother’ is mentioned as <Name>

7. Therefore, the names <father name1> and <father name2> refer to the one and the same person. And the names <mother name1> and <mother name2> refer to the one and the same person.

So, I do hereby solemnly affirm that foregoing statements are true and correct. Hence this affidavit.

Place: XXXXXXX Deponent: <My name>
Date: XXXXXX

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hi guys,

I want to submit sibling relation ship as my sister has PR, but both father and mother names in our passports have discrepancies. I reside in USA . Does one and the same person affidavit work ? From where should I get the notary done ? Is it from Indian consulate or any USA notary services ?

AFFIDAVIT

ONE AND THE SAME PERSON

I, the undersigned, <Name>, holder of <Country> Passport Number XXXXXX do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath that:

3. My brother is <name>, a holder of Canadian Passport Number: XXXXXX, and Overseas Citizen of India Card Number: XXXXXX

4. As a proof of our sibling relationship, I am submitting my Passport and my Brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card to apply for my Canadian Permanent Residence

5. In my Passport ‘Name of Father’ is mentioned as <Name> and, in my brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card ‘Name of Father’ is mentioned as <Name>

6. In my Passport ‘Name of Mother is mentioned as <Name> and, in my brother’s Overseas Citizen of India Card ‘Name of Mother’ is mentioned as <Name>

7. Therefore, the names <father name1> and <father name2> refer to the one and the same person. And the names <mother name1> and <mother name2> refer to the one and the same person.

So, I do hereby solemnly affirm that foregoing statements are true and correct. Hence this affidavit.

Hi Neeliakhi,,

Did this work for you? I am in the same situation.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

HamiltonsBest

Dec 16, 2019
Hi guys,

AFFIDAVIT

ONE AND THE SAME PERSON

This looks like an acceptable format for a "one and the same person" affidavit.

BhavleenKaur

Sep 24, 2019
Can someone please guide, when and where do we need to attach the Same Name affidavit?
After getting ITA, while uploading documents or while creating the profile before getting an ITA?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Can someone please guide, when and where do we need to attach the Same Name affidavit?
After getting ITA, while uploading documents or while creating the profile before getting an ITA?
Once you get an ITA, you will see a placeholder for legal name document or something like that. You don't have to upload before the ITA.

Yash7Patel

Feb 21, 2020
All experts & senior members,

I have different names in my educational document and Passport.
I also have "one and same person affidavit"
Should I have to send this affidavit to verify my WES ??

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
All experts & senior members,

I have different names in my educational document and Passport.
I also have "one and same person affidavit"
Should I have to send this affidavit to verify my WES ??
no, one and same person affidavit is not to be sent to WES.

They only need your degree documents. You need to submit the one and same person affidavit when you submit your application to CIC.

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Hello members
My father's name is different in my educational documents and the passport. In the passport it is "Kabeer Arshad Khan". However, in the educational documents it is written as "Kabeer Khan".

Please guide me what documents do I need to submit to CIC in this regard. A duly notarized affidavit of one and the same person alongwith an explanation in LOE will suffice or there are any other additional documents that I need to get?

Moreover, who should be the deponent of the affidavit? Do i need to include myself as deponent and my father's details as one and the same person or my father should be the deponent?

Thank you

Last edited:

kamatchilavanya

Aug 2, 2019
Hi members,
My name in the passport is spelt as "XX YY" (First name and middle name). But in educational documents it's spelt as "XXYY" (as single name. i.e. without space). Will this leads to rejection? What can I do now?
Thanks in advance.!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi members,
My name in the passport is spelt as "XX YY" (First name and middle name). But in educational documents it's spelt as "XXYY" (as single name. i.e. without space). Will this leads to rejection? What can I do now?
Thanks in advance.!
well, now you can just create a one and same person affidavit and upload it in the placeholder that shows up in your documents to upload section.

Bilalzahid

Mar 29, 2020
Hello members
My father's name is different in my educational documents and the passport. In the passport it is "Kabeer Arshad Khan". However, in the educational documents it is written as "Kabeer Khan".

Please guide me what documents do I need to submit to CIC in this regard. A duly notarized affidavit of one and the same person alongwith an explanation in LOE will suffice or there are any other additional documents that I need to get?

Moreover, who should be the deponent of the affidavit? Do i need to include myself as deponent and my father's details as one and the same person or my father should be the deponent?

Thank you
Hi Harlan and Group Members,
I am having the similar situation as I am the primary applicant and there's no discrepancy in my name however in my wife's educational credentials full name is "Fatima Javaid" whereas in her passport given name is "Fatima Javaid" and surname is "Baig". I'm residing in Pakistan, Karachi nowadays I would like to know from where I can notarize my one and the same person affidavit? Moreover Harlan could you please share your affidavit format?