Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi Mayank,

My situation is similar to yours.
Did you manage to get your affidavit in USA?
If yes,Can you share the process please?

Thanks in advance.
I had the same situation. One letter difference in last name. Didnt get an affidavit, just mentioned it in LOE

pr_rpgb

Jul 30, 2018
I had the same situation. One letter difference in last name. Didnt get an affidavit, just mentioned it in LOE
Thank you for your response.
My surname is mentioned completely in passport but I only have initials of surname in work and education documents.
So, do I need an affidavit?

Thanks.

anandh_j

Aug 8, 2018
Hi, I am in to similar situation, currently i am in Canada but my educational certificates were from INDIA.
In my WES report they mentioned as below as my full surname is not there in educational credentials, only initial is there.

"The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated
above."

So, I have few questions,
1. like when do we need this affidavit to explain to CIC
2. Who should authorize this
3. Where should i get this done, I am in Canada currently, but my education certificates from INDIA

Please share your thoughts on the same, Thank you.
Did you get answers to your questions? I'm in a similar situation now. Please guide.

ayaz1834

Oct 3, 2018
Hi, I am in to similar situation, currently i am in Canada but my educational certificates were from INDIA.
In my WES report they mentioned as below as my full surname is not there in educational credentials, only initial is there.

"The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated
above."

3. Where should i get this done, I am in Canada currently, but my education certificates from INDIA

Hello Sandeep,

Were you able to figure this out.. I am in the same situation. Do you know where can I get this Affidavit from?
Thanks in advance..

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
ok, so i am in a slightly different situation than the guys above and from my understanding so far i will explain my issue and potential solution that i have seen online. I am from Pakistan, but i believe this should work for other nationalities as well.

So I am in Canada for a Phd, my wife had a change in her surname after she got married. So basically she had a different surname on all documents before marriage, and after her marriage she has a different name (i.e. different name for last 5 year period). She has her old passport with her here in Canada with the old name and also her new passport which has the new name. We also have our marriage certificate that has her old name.

So we intend to submit her old passport and new passport, old drivers license and new drivers license, and explain in the LOE that the change happened after marriage (will also submit the marriage certificate which has her old name).

Now this takes care of the LOE part. They ask if we have a document for name change. There is no official document for that with us at least. So I searched around and it turns out that you can write a letter stating that you are the same person who has had different names at different points in time. Explain that your name before marriage was XXX, now it is XYZ. Then you sign that document in the presence of a notary official who wil put their stamp and sign on it, which implies that you made this solemn declaration that you are the same person who has used different names and admitted this in front of this notary official. This is getting your document notarized. You can check redseal notary in canada, especially if you are around in the GTA area in canada.

So basically this notarized document is an admission from you (along with the LOE) that you are telling the truth and furnishing the best proof possible.

I believe this is the way to go. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but i am going to be doing this soon for my wife here and submit my documents.

Apr 2, 2013
Hi,

Do i need to prepare one and the same person affidavit if some of the document have Middle name i. E. Father's name and some doesn't

nanda.uday92

Oct 14, 2018

above."

Hi, can you please let me know if you got one and same person affidavit for this and what is the process

HopingForPR

Oct 16, 2018
Thank you for your response.
My surname is mentioned completely in passport but I only have initials of surname in work and education documents.
So, do I need an affidavit?

Thanks.
Hi pr_rpgb, I am in the same situation. Could you please let me know if you submitted an affidavit ?

In my education and work documents, I only have initials of the surname and in the passport and ECA, the surname is mentioned. Do we need to submit an affidavit in this case ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi. Do we need the one and same person format on stamp paper ( do wjust affidavit) or do we need to get it notarized?
Thanks in advance.
It has be notarized. I got my wife's done here in Canada.

They didn't say anything about stamp paper and the lawyer looked like she knew what she was doing. So I think stamp paper may not be necessary.

Vaani kaur

Star Member
May 6, 2019
It has be notarized. I got my wife's done here in Canada.

They didn't say anything about stamp paper and the lawyer looked like she knew what she was doing. So I think stamp paper may not be necessary.
I live in Brampton. Can you tell me any Notary public if you live nearby.