+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
yingying1202000 said:
so we should submit those documents? Is that matters if we do not have 2 years experience?
I dont know, they said they just trying to check u r in ontario ... nothing else they told .. they said it should be fine..

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Without these, we can't prove we are in Ontario? :eek:

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Thanks for the news anyway.

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
I sent my PNP Nomiation certificate to Opportunities Ontario as per my discussion with them, to which a person replied that I should contact CIC in this regard and remind them about the category that I have applied.

Nevertheless, CIC's decision would be final about what documents are required as per an agent I talked to. So I am in the process of gathering reference letters, transcripts, T4s, etc. I have again sent an email yesterday to CIC asking what should/should not be included in the reference letter. Usually, the one's I have written for others has a professional recommendation about the projects/work done, but not sure if that's what CIC wants to see.

I believe they want to probably see roles/responsibilities along with employment timelines to prove 2 years of work exp. Would let you know if they revert my query, however I doubt that's going to happen before atleast 2-3 weeks.

LibraNova

Jul 11, 2014
I got a letter from Human Resource Department in my company which states my employment status(Full time/ Permanent / Part Time / Contract Etc) and my base compensation. My immediate supervisor gave me a letter which describes the primary tasks I perform.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
CIC new requirement is even higher than other provinces' nomination requirements.

I don't think a lot of ppl will achieve their requirement.

If the requirement is strict, then the ON PNP without job offer is meaningless right now.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
I agree with moonbow2010 that these requirements are way too high, even PhD program doesn't require two year working experiences. On the other hand, FSW doesn't require a job offer.

The OPNP Master Stream program just provides a faster way for people to apply for PR. The program expects you to work and contribute to Ontario. The program without a job offer doesn't mean that an applicant can stay unemployed. An applicant should actively look for job and in the workforce after a year. Hence, I personally think it is reasonable when CIC asks for a job offer. It shows that an applicant has long term commitment to stay in Ontario and economic stability. If an applicant couldn't find any job after more than a year, it should be questionable about their intentions and abilities.

However, I don't think it's reasonable to ask for two years experiences. The two year experiences should only be required when an applicant does not have a job right now. Two year experiences can be used to prove the applicant ability to find a job in a near future.

I hope that CIC could provide more explanations and clarifications about these requirements.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, a quick question.

Do all of you have 2 years work experience?

Proof of membership and/or registration in regulated occupations if you intend to work in an occupation that requires registration or certification in Ontario. I guess they are talking about PEng/EIT, (only for enigneers though), so do you have that?

Its totally crazy.. :mad: ???

·

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
shimnui1 said:
Guys, a quick question.

Do all of you have 2 years work experience?

Proof of membership and/or registration in regulated occupations if you intend to work in an occupation that requires registration or certification in Ontario. I guess they are talking about PEng/EIT, (only for enigneers though), so do you have that?

Its totally crazy.. :mad: ???

·
Quick question for everyone, does all of you who got email are from June-July Batch ?

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
karenv said:
I agree with moonbow2010 that these requirements are way too high, even PhD program doesn't require two year working experiences. On the other hand, FSW doesn't require a job offer.

The OPNP Master Stream program just provides a faster way for people to apply for PR. The program expects you to work and contribute to Ontario. The program without a job offer doesn't mean that an applicant can stay unemployed. An applicant should actively look for job and in the workforce after a year. Hence, I personally think it is reasonable when CIC asks for a job offer. It shows that an applicant has long term commitment to stay in Ontario and economic stability. If an applicant couldn't find any job after more than a year, it should be questionable about their intentions and abilities.

However, I don't think it's reasonable to ask for two years experiences. The two year experiences should only be required when an applicant does not have a job right now. Two year experiences can be used to prove the applicant ability to find a job in a near future.

I hope that CIC could provide more explanations and clarifications about these requirements.
Well, I am a PhD applicant. I don't have 2 years' experience. Bear in mind, the job offer they require is permanent. A lot of permanent jobs won't consider foreign workers cause they are not stable. All I can find right now is contract of fixed term and temporary. The job market is tough, it is not unusual for PR to take 1-2 years to find a permanent job.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Well, I called PNP office this morning. All they can say is that CIC can verify everything just like them. They are asking these to verify ??? I don't know what.

What we can do right now is to provide as much as we can to prove our ties to Ontario, like temporary job offer, work experience letter (even less than 2 year).