+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oman Police Certificate (online)

sanepushkar

Jun 12, 2017
My wife is applying for PR as my Spouse. Since she's lived for more than 6 months in Oman, she would have to get a Police Certificate from that country. We have already received letter from CIC with the PCC request from Oman. I know it is easy to get that if you are in Oman. Has anyone done this by applying online? I did not see any relevant options on their website. Any help would be appreciated.

chef2011

Oct 27, 2010
How to
1. Where can I get the "Original fingerprint" taken , they are currently in Chennai , India
2. Proof of deposit would be our bank receipt for the money deposited towards fees is it ?

If i see the Requirement
  • A letter from the applicant indicating their telephone number, address and e-mail address.
  • Copy of the passport including the pages of Oman's residence stamps
  • Original fingerprint
  • Send a proof of the deposit, and the required documents by express mail to the Director of the Criminal Evidence, Directorate General of Inquiries and Criminal Investigations, Royal Oman Police.

sanepushkar

Jun 12, 2017
How to
1. Where can I get the "Original fingerprint" taken , they are currently in Chennai , India
2. Proof of deposit would be our bank receipt for the money deposited towards fees is it ?

If i see the Requirement
  • A letter from the applicant indicating their telephone number, address and e-mail address.
  • Copy of the passport including the pages of Oman's residence stamps
  • Original fingerprint
  • Send a proof of the deposit, and the required documents by express mail to the Director of the Criminal Evidence, Directorate General of Inquiries and Criminal Investigations, Royal Oman Police.
1. I live in Canada so I was able to get it done in Toronto. You might have to go to a place that does Immigration fingerprints. They should be able to accommodate your request.
2. The fees listed is US 56. Plus any applicable fees. They will email you if there is any fees pending.

Reactions: chef2011

chef2011

Oct 27, 2010

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
1. I live in Canada so I was able to get it done in Toronto. You might have to go to a place that does Immigration fingerprints. They should be able to accommodate your request.
2. The fees listed is US 56. Plus any applicable fees. They will email you if there is any fees pending.

Hi,

For the photograph - Do you know what the dimension it should be ? And if the background color needs to be white or blue ?

sanepushkar

Jun 12, 2017
I paid it via direct deposit from my bank to the account number given by ROP. I sent them the proof of payment via courier.

z3ro1

Nov 12, 2021
I paid it via direct deposit from my bank to the account number given by ROP. I sent them the proof of payment via courier.
As an additional thing, did you have to get it attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Alternatively, does the certificate mention this at the bottom (as it does on the one I received)?

For anyone else following this thread, here's what worked for me:

1. I live in Canada so I emailed dgfacid@rop.gov.om explaining my situation.
2. They requested I send them documents via PDF file format (no fingerprints since I already had an Omani Resident card from back in the day).
3. They mentioned nothing about any specific background for the photo so I just sent in what I had (white background).
3. Went to a TD branch and wire transferred the fee and sent them the proof via email (PDF) as they asked.
4. Got a PDF copy in 5 days and a physical one mailed to me in 10.

The difficulty it seems with this is the fact that the entire process is pretty disorganized with incomplete information or no information available on the internet. I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
I received my Police Certificate 2 months ago. The process was pretty simple. For the payment, a friend of mine in Oman sent the money to ROP via his account.

sameerzeeni

Mar 29, 2014
I received my Police Certificate 2 months ago. The process was pretty simple. For the payment, a friend of mine in Oman sent the money to ROP via his account.
Does your friend applied on behalf of you? coz I wanna apply one for me and my wife. have many friends and family (Omani) do I able to apply thru them? if yes can you send me power of attorney format copy please. Thanks

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
You have to apply by yourself..by sending everything to the ROP email. My friend only paid the amount to ROP account from within Oman.

Arun Perumal

Feb 4, 2022
What is the purpose they mentioned in PCC? Do they mention the purpose as “ Canada Immigration” or “Others”.
As I have submitted one from Nov’2022, but the IRCC case officer is asking for an updated one.
Not sure what they are expecting!!
Can anyone help me on this pls?