+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Services / PCC / Verification Certificate in Chennai

miraj1982

Feb 25, 2018
This is a very long post. My apologies in advance.

Hi Guys,

When I was looking for information on getting my fingerprints done in Chennai, I found it on the forums here and got it done last week for my PCC from Singapore. So I wanted to post back my experience and the new procedures in place so it might be helpful for anybody looking for similar info. But I'm unable to trace back to original thread.. so I am posting this here.

In Chennai, you can get your fingerprints done by the SCRB
State Crime Records Bureau.
95, MRC Nagar, Raja Annamalai Puram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600028

Seems like the SCRB has made a lot of changes to the requirements for fingeprinting. The requirements are listed as below: (Explanation / Notes for each mentioned below)

Document Requirements:
1. Verification Certificate (Original Copy)
2. India Police Clearance Certificate (Xerox)
3. Passport All Pages (Xerox)
4. Driving License (Xerox)
5. Aadhaar Card (Xerox)
6. Any other Address / ID Proof (Xerox)
Note: Only Tamil Nadu Address Proof will be accepted
7. Your request letter
8. Passport photo (1 for SCRB, 1 for each fingerprint form)
9. Payment Receipt (Rs. 500 for each fingerpint form, minimum must pay for 2)
Please carry originals on the day of fingerprinting.

Explanation / Procedure Notes:
1. Verification Certificate (VC for the purpose of this post)
The document is primary requirement for the SCRB and they want only the original. For people in Chennai you can apply at the Commissioner of Police Office at Vepery. For people from outside Chennai, you have to get it from the District Crime Records Bureau, which should be located at the Superintendent of Police of your district. You could also contact your local police station, if you are lucky the SP office or the local police itself might do the fingerprinting for you.
For Chennai Commissioner Verification Certificate, please write a request letter as below and paste 2 passport photos on the top right side corner (one photo below another). Submit along with Demand Draft for Rs. 1000.00/-

<Date>

From
<Address>
<Mobile No.>

To
Commissioner of Police
Greater Chennai, Vepery, Chennai

Sub: Application for Verification Certificate
Respected Sir,

I, <name> aged <age> years, son of <Father's name>, residing in the above mention address for the past <no. of years.> years, am writing this letter to request for a verification certificate for the purpose < write your purpose whether visa application or PCC for other country or required by SCRB>. Kindly assist with my application and do the needful.

Thanking you,
<Signature><Date>
<Name>
<Mobile No:>

Enclosed:
Demand Draft for amount Rs. 1,000.00/-
DD No. <"DD No."> Dated <DD Date>
Issued by <Bank Name, Branch, City>

Submit this letter with DD at the ground floor reception area of the COP office, Verification room where people are waiting to obtain passes to enter the main COP building between (9-12AM). After appllication it might take 2 weeks to 1 month to get certificate, to collected at COP Office (also 9-12AM). Followup with your local station to speed up the verification process. Scan or colour xerox your original VC before submitting to SCRB coz you get only 1 copy. Demand Draft for Rs. 1000/- to be addressed to "Commissioner of Police, Vepery, Chennai 600007"

2. Police Clearance Certificate (from Commissioner of Police Office)
Most of you should be aware of PCC application process through http://www.passportindia.gov.in/ web portal. It is straight forward and faster. But for people who want to get both PCC and VC the from the Commissioner of Police (for ease of travel / having both done at the same place) or for people who are applying to countries that will not accept PCC issues by the RPO. You can get it done from the Commissioner of Police office.
Write a request letter same as mentioned above in VC section. Attach 2 photos. DD for Rs. 1000/- refer above VC section. To submit proceed to ground floor reception, get pass to go to IS Dept & submit there. VC & PCC are submitted at different places.

2,3,4,5&6.
All xerox copies need to be self attested by you. Passport all pages including first page that has only the seal / stamp of the RPO. Inside pages, only used travel should be enough.

7. Request Letter
Just write a letter to and mention why you are requesting the fingerprints.
Superintendent of Police,
Fingerprint Bureau,
State Crime Records Bureau, Chennai 28

9. Payment Receipt
You don't need to get challan from SCRB and make payment at Treasury Branch of SBI like before. You can do an online payment SBI Collect (Classic Version) and print the receipt. Rs. 500 for one fingerprint form. Min 2 copies must be paid.

Make payment at https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm or google SBI Collect
>Accept Terms > Click Proceed
On the next page
State of Corporate / Institution > Select "Tamil Nadu"
Type of Corporate / Institution > Select "Govt Department"
>Click GO
On the next page
Govt Department Name > Select "TAMIL NADU FINGERPRINT BUREAU, SCRB, CHENNAI"
>Click SUBMIT
On the next page
Payment Category > Select "IMMIGRATION - INDIVIDUALS" > Click Submit
> Proceed to enter remaining personal & application details as per normal and make online payment.

Notes:
- PCC / VC just apply asap don't wait for request letter from CIC, cause they take 2-4 weeks
- Print your fingperprint forms on clean & good quality paper as it will be folded during fingerprint session
- Carry an extra copy of fingerprint forms apart from the requested no. of copies, if case you make a bad print
- Carry a black pen if possible, cause they use black and you might have fill other details yourself so better have your own pen
- Timings: 9am - 5pm no restrictions, better to go in the morning
- There are no xerox shops within 5min walk on both sides of SCRB
- Please carry all original documents as well for verification purpose.
- If you have all these documents, the SCRB wont take longer than an hour.

MY APOLOGY FOR ANYBODY WHO FINDS THIS POST REALLY LONG & RIDICULOUS. Thanks.

Reactions: KarthikVV

Can_Pratheep

Jul 4, 2018
Thanks Miraj1982. That was really a helpful post.

I would like to ask you : were you able to get the PCC and VC from the Commissioner of Police office on the same day ? or how long it took to receive the certificates ?

Thanks again for the post.

miraj1982

Feb 25, 2018
Thanks Miraj1982. That was really a helpful post.

I would like to ask you : were you able to get the PCC and VC from the Commissioner of Police office on the same day ? or how long it took to receive the certificates ?

Thanks again for the post.
Hi Pratheep,

You can never get it done on the same day at the Commissioner Office. It will take 2-4 weeks and also you need to do a lots of follow up with your local police station to help get the verification done fast and post back to the commissioner office. Also, PCC & VC are handled by two different sections of the Commissioner Office.

If you want just the PCC it would be best to get it done from any Passport Office (PSK). When you do it at the PSK, it they still wait for verification from the local police station, however the PSK process is more electronic while Commissioner Office follows physical paper movement between offices, that is if I've noticed both these processes. The papers move through 2 departments approval, first through Intelligence and next thro Crime Branch. Certain police stations are overworked and the movement is slow. Because the PSK process is electronic they can't delay for too long.

Hope this helps. What are you applying for PCC or VC.

Can_Pratheep

Jul 4, 2018
Thanks Miraj for your quick reply. I need to apply for both VC and PCC in order to get my Fingerprints done at SCRB Chennai; all these to apply for US PCC.

Given the above long processing times to deal with, I think it's better to get fingerprints done through some private fingerprinting agencies because US PCC process itself will take another 3-4 months. Any suggestions on private fingerprinting agencies in Chennai / India?

-Pratheep

miraj1982

Feb 25, 2018
Thanks Miraj for your quick reply. I need to apply for both VC and PCC in order to get my Fingerprints done at SCRB Chennai; all these to apply for US PCC.

Given the above long processing times to deal with, I think it's better to get fingerprints done through some private fingerprinting agencies because US PCC process itself will take another 3-4 months. Any suggestions on private fingerprinting agencies in Chennai / India?

-Pratheep
I couldnt find anything solid in Chennai.. try searching online.. i spoke to some agency in bangalore and they wanted 8000 rupees. So i decided to go with SCRB.

soundryasn

Sep 25, 2018
Hi

I am an indian citizen and want a South African PCC.. the above given method Is a way to do this for south africa also?

soundryasn

Sep 25, 2018
Hi

I am an indian citizen and want a South African PCC.. the above given method Is a way to do this for south africa also?

DansonBarnes

Aug 17, 2019
This is a very long post. My apologies in advance.

Hi Guys,

When I was looking for information on getting my fingerprints done in Chennai, I found it on the forums here and got it done last week for my PCC from Singapore. So I wanted to post back my experience and the new procedures in place so it might be helpful for anybody looking for similar info. But I'm unable to trace back to original thread.. so I am posting this here.

In Chennai, you can get your fingerprints done by the SCRB
State Crime Records Bureau.
95, MRC Nagar, Raja Annamalai Puram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600028

Seems like the SCRB has made a lot of changes to the requirements for fingeprinting. The requirements are listed as below: (Explanation / Notes for each mentioned below)

Document Requirements:
1. Verification Certificate (Original Copy)
2. India Police Clearance Certificate (Xerox)
3. Passport All Pages (Xerox)
4. Driving License (Xerox)
5. Aadhaar Card (Xerox)
6. Any other Address / ID Proof (Xerox)
Note: Only Tamil Nadu Address Proof will be accepted
7. Your request letter
8. Passport photo (1 for SCRB, 1 for each fingerprint form)
9. Payment Receipt (Rs. 500 for each fingerpint form, minimum must pay for 2)
Please carry originals on the day of fingerprinting.

Explanation / Procedure Notes:
1. Verification Certificate (VC for the purpose of this post)
The document is primary requirement for the SCRB and they want only the original. For people in Chennai you can apply at the Commissioner of Police Office at Vepery. For people from outside Chennai, you have to get it from the District Crime Records Bureau, which should be located at the Superintendent of Police of your district. You could also contact your local police station, if you are lucky the SP office or the local police itself might do the fingerprinting for you.
For Chennai Commissioner Verification Certificate, please write a request letter as below and paste 2 passport photos on the top right side corner (one photo below another). Submit along with Demand Draft for Rs. 1000.00/-

<Date>

From
<Address>
<Mobile No.>

To
Commissioner of Police
Greater Chennai, Vepery, Chennai

Sub: Application for Verification Certificate
Respected Sir,

I, <name> aged <age> years, son of <Father's name>, residing in the above mention address for the past <no. of years.> years, am writing this letter to request for a verification certificate for the purpose < write your purpose whether visa application or PCC for other country or required by SCRB>. Kindly assist with my application and do the needful.

Thanking you,
<Signature><Date>
<Name>
<Mobile No:>

Enclosed:
Demand Draft for amount Rs. 1,000.00/-
DD No. <"DD No."> Dated <DD Date>
Issued by <Bank Name, Branch, City>

Submit this letter with DD at the ground floor reception area of the COP office, Verification room where people are waiting to obtain passes to enter the main COP building between (9-12AM). After appllication it might take 2 weeks to 1 month to get certificate, to collected at COP Office (also 9-12AM). Followup with your local station to speed up the verification process. Scan or colour xerox your original VC before submitting to SCRB coz you get only 1 copy. Demand Draft for Rs. 1000/- to be addressed to "Commissioner of Police, Vepery, Chennai 600007"

2. Police Clearance Certificate (from Commissioner of Police Office)

Most of you should be aware of PCC application process through http://www.passportindia.gov.in/ web portal. It is straight forward and faster. But for people who want to get both PCC and VC the from the Commissioner of Police (for ease of travel / having both done at the same place) or for people who are applying to countries that will not accept PCC issues by the RPO. You can get it done from the Commissioner of Police office.
Write a request letter same as mentioned above in VC section. Attach 2 photos. DD for Rs. 1000/- refer above VC section. To submit proceed to ground floor reception, get pass to go to IS Dept & submit there. VC & PCC are submitted at different places.

2,3,4,5&6.
All xerox copies need to be self attested by you. Passport all pages including first page that has only the seal / stamp of the RPO. Inside pages, only used travel should be enough.

7. Request Letter
Just write a letter to and mention why you are requesting the fingerprints.
Superintendent of Police,
Fingerprint Bureau,
State Crime Records Bureau, Chennai 28

9. Payment Receipt
You don't need to get challan from SCRB and make payment at Treasury Branch of SBI like before. You can do an online payment SBI Collect (Classic Version) and print the receipt. Rs. 500 for one fingerprint form. Min 2 copies must be paid.

Make payment at https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm or google SBI Collect
>Accept Terms > Click Proceed
On the next page
State of Corporate / Institution > Select "Tamil Nadu"
Type of Corporate / Institution > Select "Govt Department"
>Click GO
On the next page
Govt Department Name > Select "TAMIL NADU FINGERPRINT BUREAU, SCRB, CHENNAI"
>Click SUBMIT
On the next page
Payment Category > Select "IMMIGRATION - INDIVIDUALS" > Click Submit
> Proceed to enter remaining personal & application details as per normal and make online payment.

Notes:
- PCC / VC just apply asap don't wait for request letter from CIC, cause they take 2-4 weeks
- Print your fingperprint forms on clean & good quality paper as it will be folded during fingerprint session
- Carry an extra copy of fingerprint forms apart from the requested no. of copies, if case you make a bad print
- Carry a black pen if possible, cause they use black and you might have fill other details yourself so better have your own pen
- Timings: 9am - 5pm no restrictions, better to go in the morning
- There are no xerox shops within 5min walk on both sides of SCRB
- Please carry all original documents as well for verification purpose.
- If you have all these documents, the SCRB wont take longer than an hour.

MY APOLOGY FOR ANYBODY WHO FINDS THIS POST REALLY LONG & RIDICULOUS. Thanks.
I know its a very old post - by any chance do you have the format for the finger prints card?

Reactions: chef2011