+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SyrianCanadian said:
Well you know, I guess that with all the craziness going on in the world, they have the right to want to make sure everyone is safe and esp with the situation in syria now and since my husband is syrian, they want to be 100% sure of all the info. But im sure after they finish their security checks they will know were saying the truth! We come from a war torn country, have been through so much, we ran away away from all this destruction but our nightmare doesnt seem to end... I realy wish the terrorists who are making everyone Suffer all rot in hellllll!!!!!!
All will be fine, let's hope for the best.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Country specific requirements for middle east applicants: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf
There is a supplementary form which all applicants aged 18 must fill out and it asks for employment and education history.

There are concerns about his studies in "interior design" and how he became a "concrete finisher". Education and work documents will help clarify things. CIC can request any document, even if not on the document checklist if it helps with decision making.

While your husband may not be able to travel safely to collect these documents, can he contact the school? Does the school have a website? Can the education ministry provide an attestation? Has he ever applied for a student or work visa anywhere? Did he provide copies of these documents to that embassy? If yes, find a way to request a copy of his file so that you can use those copies. Just try to think of situations/organizations where these documents may have been provided before and see if you can get a copy.

Do your best and when you respond to CIC, tell them the efforts you've made to obtain the information and the challenges. Unfortunately, if this is for background checks, CIC can not approve anyone unless they pass these checks.

SyrianCanadian said:
Eagle3333, no my husband can provide them with the info they requested, and we will get the letter of employment. The only things he cannot give them are his school transcripts since they are in Syria and does not have them. I am not saying that he escape background checks, I am sure the background and security check are extremely important but I don't see how his school papers are important for this situation. I am sure if they carry out their security checks, they will know that he is truly Syrian and that there is no problem with him, I mean can't the Canadian/US intelligence know if someone is not a danger to the country??

dd0116

Sep 21, 2015
Hello Guys,

I applied for my wife's sponsorship on April 30/2015. I got sponsorship approval in June and New Delhi Visa office started processing it as of June 26/2015. My status went to "In Process" as of October 9/2015. I see 3 lines under my status including 'medical results have been received".

Is it still to early to order notes ?

Your advice will be much appreciated.

madzcris08

Sep 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
03-17-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2015 (upfront)
@Eagle333, would like to ask your opinion on this...My husband's PR will expire on Feb 2016 and we are planning to send our spousal application form by this coming December 2015, would you think it will affect the processing of our spousal application? Do my husband needs to renew his PR or apply for citizenship instead?

Thanks in advance. :)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
No, it will not affect your sponsorship application. As long as your husband meets residency obligation (i.e. spent 730 days in Canada in the last 5 years), his PR status is safe even if the PR card expires. But if he wants to travel, it would be good to renew it. Or he can apply for citizenship if he qualifies.

madzcris08 said:
@Eagle333, would like to ask your opinion on this...My husband's PR will expire on Feb 2016 and we are planning to send our spousal application form by this coming December 2015, would you think it will affect the processing of our spousal application? Do my husband needs to renew his PR or apply for citizenship instead?

Thanks in advance. :)

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
Pleases i have a question. When u stay far away from your VO and they request for interview, do u have to travel down? Example Cambodia to Ghana....

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tolexmi said:
Pleases i have a question. When u stay far away from your VO and they request for interview, do u have to travel down? Example Cambodia to Ghana....
CIC will contact you and tell you the location, time and date of your interview, they will ask you to respond by email if you will attend.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
No, it will not affect your sponsorship application. As long as your husband meets residency obligation (i.e. spent 730 days in Canada in the last 5 years), his PR status is safe even if the PR card expires. But if he wants to travel, it would be good to renew it. Or he can apply for citizenship if he qualifies.
+1 SenoritaBella,

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dd0116 said:
Hello Guys,

I applied for my wife's sponsorship on April 30/2015. I got sponsorship approval in June and New Delhi Visa office started processing it as of June 26/2015. My status went to "In Process" as of October 9/2015. I see 3 lines under my status including 'medical results have been received".

Is it still to early to order notes ?

Your advice will be much appreciated.
Based on your timeline you should wait until month end then you can order your GCMS notes. Usually after 4 months your file went in process at the VO, You are likely to see some activities. November 26, 2015 will be exactly 5 months since your file went in process and at that time if you order your notes you will have a good chance to see some work going on your file.

Telia

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 May 2015
Doc's Request.
03 Nov 2015
AOR Received.
29 July 2015
File Transfer...
29 July 2015
Med's Request
03 nov. 2015
Med's Done....
20 august 2015
Interview........
God only knows
Passport Req..
God only knows
Hi Eagle .
May i ask you , how is my timeline now? In 4 nov LVO asked me emedicals and RpRF payment , so after ive sent them , in 10 nov , they added the third line which is medical received , but no DM . When i should expect my DM ? Some may and june applicants received their DM .

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
All 2015 applicants...please please please add your timeline to the 2015 Outland Spousal Application spreadsheet. Even if you have already had DM or your visa has been received. Now more than ever, we need to track how fast the VO's are processing things and so the more people that add their timeline, the better.

The link can be found https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit#gid=658388151

Also, I created a tab on the Acronym sheet called GCMS notes. Eagle333...perhaps you could share your explanations on that tab...for all to see....it would be very helpful. It needs some formatting (spaces removed) and the field titles separated from the data entered info...but if everyone works on it a bit at a time, we will get it finished and it will be very helpful to everyone for understanding their GCMS notes.

If others can also have a look...and add any data that they have seen on their GCMS notes (other than personal data), it will help others to understand them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qp2u3X_F10-peLhSZnPwBNAZivuICTZIA2eyB-tOerE/edit#gid=0

Of course, you can always add any new Acronyms you find...

:)

C.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Telia said:
Hi Eagle .
May i ask you , how is my timeline now? In 4 nov LVO asked me emedicals and RpRF payment , so after ive sent them , in 10 nov , they added the third line which is medical received , but no DM . When i should expect my DM ? Some may and june applicants received their DM .
Hi Telia,

Expect DM anytime. Your file gained momentum at the time Re-med and RPRF were requested, so remain calm things are rolling forward according to the plan.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chilkootcee said:
All 2015 applicants...please please please add your timeline to the 2015 Outland Spousal Application spreadsheet. Even if you have already had DM or your visa has been received. Now more than ever, we need to track how fast the VO's are processing things and so the more people that add their timeline, the better.

The link can be found https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit#gid=658388151

Also, I created a tab on the Acronym sheet called GCMS notes. Eagle333...perhaps you could share your explanations on that tab...for all to see....it would be very helpful. It needs some formatting (spaces removed) and the field titles separated from the data entered info...but if everyone works on it a bit at a time, we will get it finished and it will be very helpful to everyone for understanding their GCMS notes.

If others can also have a look...and add any data that they have seen on their GCMS notes (other than personal data), it will help others to understand them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qp2u3X_F10-peLhSZnPwBNAZivuICTZIA2eyB-tOerE/edit#gid=0

Of course, you can always add any new Acronyms you find...

:)

C.
Got it chilkootcee,

I will check it out and add what I can. +1

Telia

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 May 2015
Doc's Request.
03 Nov 2015
AOR Received.
29 July 2015
File Transfer...
29 July 2015
Med's Request
03 nov. 2015
Med's Done....
20 august 2015
Interview........
God only knows
Passport Req..
God only knows
Eagle333 said:
Hi Telia,

Expect DM anytime. Your file gained momentum at the time Re-med and RPRF were requested, so remain calm things are rolling forward according to the plan.
Thank you Eagle

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Dear Eagle I've sent E-mail to CIC london.. How trace out if they Review my file and if they have reverse their Interview decision??