+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

josahm

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Eagle333 said:
josahm warm greeting,

Your file looks very fresh however it has solid indications that interview is off the table. One needs to have an Eagle's sight to read between the lines and understand that things are very looking very promising on your case. It might take little bit longer but rest assured before you know it will over.

Best Regards.

thats soo good to hear! im excited on how my application will go... thank you soo much for your time Eagle333 appreciate it....

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
they started processing my application on March 31st but still does not say Meds have been recieved, (It WAS A PANEL PHYSICIAN) We have contacted the physician where the medical tests were done and the physician said that the Meds were sent to CIC, we even included a copy confirming the meds were done with the full application. The physician even said that the medical test went well. Im curious to know why on ECAS it still is not updated, I wonder if anyone else had this issue but then later updated :( what is this delay?

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
on your Ecas it does not show Medical have been received?

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Eagle333, thank you for unselfishly sharing your thoughts and spending a lot of time helping people who are confused and bit weary about their applications.. and I just wanna tell you that my wife and I are one of those. I am a dependent of an In-Canada PR applicant under live in caregiver program. My wifey is the principal applicant and we 've been away for several years and struggling to be with each other again.

Last correspondence from ADVO to me was June 09, 2015 requesting for my Saudi Police Clearance and a copy of my valid passport. Since submission on July 2015, haven't heard anything from them. Is it true that the progress of my wife's application also depends on how my application goes? based on our ECAS, what would be the next possible thing and/or documents they will be needing from us?

Also, I just noticed on the ECAS # 3, before it stated "We started processing your application on March 13, 2014" and just recently the date has changed and moved back to May 23, 2013.... very confusing.

Thank you in advance Eagle for any insights you might be extending regarding our case. GBU.

Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 10, 2013.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 24, 2013.
3. We started processing your application on May 23, 2013.
4. We sent you a letter on March 13, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
5. We sent you correspondence on April 4, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6. Medical results have been received.

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
Hello, just curious which applications are considered the "new in process"? Is it the ones that has been sent in June 2015? Cause I sent mine in April so I'm just concerned that we are going to wait for a looong time... my vo is us

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
Beaverdiva said:
Thanks Eagle333, that makes me feel a lot brighter ;D
My ecas also 3 lines. My VO is NDVO
1.Apllication received on June22,2015
2.Process started on Aug28,2015
3. Medical has been received.

So eligibility is passed.
It is good sign for file.
Tnx

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
Eagle333 said:
I want to keep this thread updated with some valuable information so that members can have a clear picture of what is going on in their files. I want to share what usually takes place from CPC TO VO.

Overview of CPC activities related to sponsorship applications Spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children overseas. CPC-M assesses the sponsorship application, provides a recommendation on the
sponsor’s eligibility and reviews applications for permanent residence for completeness. If sponsors are found eligible, their sponsorship information and a positive recommendation are transferred electronically to the appropriate visa office through GCMS while the IMM 0008 and supporting documents in paper format are sent to the visa office for final processing.

If sponsors are found ineligible the documentation may be transferred to the visa office with a negative sponsorship recommendation, or the application for a permanent resident visa may be discontinued, depending on the sponsor’s stated preference. If an ineligible sponsor has chosen not to continue with the sponsorship,
the CPC closes the electronic sponsorship record.

Reviewing sponsorship and permanent residence applications: Spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children.

CPC-M reviews all sponsorship and permanent residence application forms and supporting documents to confirm that the following are included and complete:
• sponsorship forms, including undertaking and agreement, completed and signed;
• sponsorship application includes only spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and/or dependent children;
• application for permanent residence forms, completed and signed; proof of payment of correct fees at a bank;
• all required supporting documents.
If the application does not include the minimum requirements, CPCM returns the application and all documents to the sponsor, and requests missing information and documents.If the application is complete, CPC-M:
assesses sponsor’s eligibility and completes Eligibility Check.
• writes on sponsorship application “Met or Not Met”; and
• enters basic data information into CPCS. (Case Processing Case System) If sponsorship requirements are met, CPC-M:
• downloads sponsorship information and recommendation to GCMS;
• forwards application for permanent residence and supporting documents to the visa office responsible for the country of residence of the sponsored persons, with any additional information, such as:
♦ if the sponsor received a visa abroad to come to Canada as refugee or adopted foreign national, provides relevant information including the office of visa issuance and file number;
♦ if the sponsor was granted permanent residence subject to conditions, provides information on the date these conditions were met or must be met;
♦ if there has been enforcement action involving the foreign national, particularly details of removals, office responsible for enforcement action etc. that will help to ensure that any removal costs are recovered by the visa office, if applicable;
♦ any other relevant information that may affect an officer’s decision.

So your Visa Office receives so many information on the sponsor, how he/she immigrate to Canada. The sponsor's profile can play a positive or negative role in the sponsored person's application.
Dear Eagle333,
Thx a lot. Very very help full matter.

In my case I am sure that i have to face Interview.
When i have to request GCMS notes to know about reason of Interview?
I appreciate your time.
Tnx

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
sweetstrawberry said:
they started processing my application on March 31st but still does not say Meds have been recieved, (It WAS A PANEL PHYSICIAN) We have contacted the physician where the medical tests were done and the physician said that the Meds were sent to CIC, we even included a copy confirming the meds were done with the full application. The physician even said that the medical test went well. Im curious to know why on ECAS it still is not updated, I wonder if anyone else had this issue but then later updated :( what is this delay?
sometimes they take a while to update it don't worry about it
if you are still not satisfied you can apply for GCMS notes your medical update will surely show up on it

Good Luck

romancuta

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
28-06-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Eagle333 said:
Tony I totally agree with you and I hope it worked out for you to come over for X-mas and new year. I was just giving you whole the details in this big picture. Good luck
Good luck Tony,

Eagle333 I have a question:

How do I ask for notes to see how my file is doing?

The time line of my application is:

Sponsor:

We received your application to sponsor Marius Dragoi Runceanu on April 28, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 22, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 21, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on June 22, 2015 about the decision on your application.

Permanent Residence:

We received Marius Dragoi Runceanu's application for permanent residence on April 28, 2015.
We started processing Marius Dragoi Runceanu's application on July 1, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Dear Eaggle, since you have many people requesting your consultation, and it might require you to dedicate more time, I think now we can start charge the service fee. I will b the accountant. :)

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bladeguard said:
Hi Eagle333, thank you for unselfishly sharing your thoughts and spending a lot of time helping people who are confused and bit weary about their applications.. and I just wanna tell you that my wife and I are one of those. I am a dependent of an In-Canada PR applicant under live in caregiver program. My wifey is the principal applicant and we 've been away for several years and struggling to be with each other again.

Last correspondence from ADVO to me was June 09, 2015 requesting for my Saudi Police Clearance and a copy of my valid passport. Since submission on July 2015, haven't heard anything from them. Is it true that the progress of my wife's application also depends on how my application goes? based on our ECAS, what would be the next possible thing and/or documents they will be needing from us?

Also, I just noticed on the ECAS # 3, before it stated "We started processing your application on March 13, 2014" and just recently the date has changed and moved back to May 23, 2013.... very confusing.

Thank you in advance Eagle for any insights you might be extending regarding our case. GBU.

Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 10, 2013.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 24, 2013.
3. We started processing your application on May 23, 2013.
4. We sent you a letter on March 13, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
5. We sent you correspondence on April 4, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6. Medical results have been received.
Hi Bladegurd,

I am pleased to respond to your query in full detail hopefully you will be satisfied.

Once the visa office has received the paper file from the CPC-Vegreville, files for family members can be created as follows:

• One file: this may be the most convenient in the following situations:
♦ The principal applicant’s spouse and minor child(ren) are being processed concurrently.
There is no need to create separate files for a parent accompanied by dependent children, all of whom are family members of the PA in Canada.
♦ For cases in which family members are being examined but none is accompanying the principal applicant, the family members (regardless of age and relationship) may be included in a single file for convenience.
• Separate files for each family member is the preferred option in the following situations:
♦ There are several minor children (a group of siblings, for instance), not accompanied by an adult. The files must be split so that the children do not appear as dependants of a sibling, whether the sibling is a minor or an adult.
♦ Cases of family members 18 or over, or if some family members will be accompanying and some will not.
Note: Cross-referencing of these files is essential.
Note: Each family member must fill out a separate application form, even if only one file is created.

Role and responsibilities of the CPC-Vegreville

All in-Canada applications for permanent residence, including any sponsorship applications, are submitted to the CPC-Vegreville. All applicable processing fees are also submitted to the CPC-Vegreville, although, in some instances, the
principal applicant may choose to pay the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) at a later date, or, in exceptional circumstances, to have family members pay their RPRF through the visa
office. The application of the principal applicant in Canada cannot be finalized without the results of the
visa office processing of any family members residing abroad. Therefore, when the principal applicant has listed family members living abroad in their application, the CPC-Vegreville will do the following:

• Forward a paper copy of the original in-Canada application to the visa office by diplomatic bag; this will include a copy of the principal applicant’s application form and any supplementary family information forms included with the application. A copy of form IMM 5476 “Use of a Representative” will be included when applicable.
• This paper file will be accompanied by a covering memo which must contain the following information:
♦ the name, date of birth, and client ID number of the principal applicant;
♦ the immigrant class/category of the principal applicant;
♦ the date of receipt/lock-in date of the application;
♦ the status of the principal applicant’s application for permanent residence (approved stage one, statutory requirements met, ready to receive permanent resident status, missing information, etc.);
♦ the name(s) of accompanying and non-accompanying family member(s);
♦ what processing fees and RPR fees have been paid or exempted.
• Advise the visa office if, at any stage of the in-Canada processing, new information is received that may be pertinent to visa office processing (e.g., fraudulent documents, ineligible in-Canada family members, etc.).
• When the principal applicant and any family members in Canada have been granted permanent residence by the local responsible CIC, this CIC will advise the visa office so it can issue visas to the accompanying family members abroad who are being processed concurrently.

Role and responsibilities of the visa office

When the visa office has received the paper file from the CPC-Vegreville for any family members who are to be assessed abroad for eligibility and admissibility, it will do the following:
• forward an Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008EGEN] to each family member, with a time limit by which they must respond;
• open the appropriate file for each case;
• if the completed IMM 0008EGEN and required documentation are not received within the requested time limit (as decided by each visa office, pursuant to local conditions), send a reminder letter requesting that documentation be provided (by a new date), after which the file would be closed and, in some circumstances, the applicant in Canada could be refused;
• send a copy of this letter to the principal applicant in Canada and notify the CPC-Vegreville; the visa office may try to contact the principal applicant directly at any time during this process;
• after receipt of the completed application and documentation, assess eligibility, confirm identity and determine relationship and whether or not they are family members;
• initiate medical and background examination (security and criminality);
• inform the CPC-V if any applicants are found to be ineligible;
• inform the CPC-V if any family members are found to be inadmissible;
• inform the CPC-V of the results of medical and background checks, their period of validity and the visa office file number for both accompanying and non-accompanying family members so that the CPC-Vegreville can finalize the case in Canada in exceptional circumstances, collect the RPRF for family members abroad, if it has not yet been paid to the CPC-Vegreville in Canada; after the responsible CIC has advised that the principal applicant has been granted permanent residence in Canada, issue permanent resident visas to all accompanying family members who have been included and are eligible for concurrent processing.

Good Luck

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharisseyB said:
Hello, just curious which applications are considered the "new in process"? Is it the ones that has been sent in June 2015? Cause I sent mine in April so I'm just concerned that we are going to wait for a looong time... my vo is us
All apps. failed June 2015 are marked in the new processing. Although you sent yours in April if Visa Office received it in June from CPC you are part of the new processing.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rose68 said:

Tnx
You need to order your GCMS to see if Eligibility is passed, and if you did order your Notes already and you saw that your file is eligible for processing then that is a very good sign.

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
Eagle333 said:
All apps. failed June 2015 are marked in the new processing. Although you sent yours in April if Visa Office received it in June from CPC you are part of the new processing.

Well if that is the case, I am part of the “old processing” as they have received my file In may 2015 in CPC- Ottawa... I can give you my detailed timeline here:

We received your application to sponsor _________ on April 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 4, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on May 12, 2015 about the decision on your application.

Permanent Residence
We received __________ application for permanent residence on April 7, 2015
We started processing Marcus ______________'s application on May 20, 2015.
Change of status from Application received to In process August 12,2015
Medical Results Received

Got that “batch” email of request for Sponsor’s residency back in September 22 I think or 21st

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rose68 said:
Dear Eagle333,
Thx a lot. Very very help full matter.

In my case I am sure that i have to face Interview.
When i have to request GCMS notes to know about reason of Interview?
I appreciate your time.
Tnx
Non-routine cases take longer than routine case to be processed by CIC.
While every effort should be made to process high-priority cases expeditiously, it is recognized that there are circumstances where priority processing may legitimately be affected. While not exhaustive, the list below provides some examples of non-routine cases that may not be processed according to the six- Twelve months service standard..
Examples of non-routine cases:
 medical, security or criminal issues;
 suspected relationship or dissolution of convenience;
 misrepresentation of marital status at time of marriage;
 previous deportation;
 inability to support self and family members due to legal obligations or other reasons;
relationship of applicant to sponsor or applicant to other family members in doubt;( interview required)
 marital status of family member suspect;
 sponsor under investigation for violation of IRPA; or
outstanding criminal charge against sponsor.
Since you know that you will go through interview you do realised that your case is a non-routine case. Just to let you know CIC has two ways to classified cases, Routine cases and Non-routine ones. I guess you know where I am going. Good cases and bad cases. My citizenship case was a routine case and I got my Citizenship in 11 months but there are people who have Non-routine cases CIC took 2-3 years to finalised their Citizenship cases. It is the same thing with Family Class Sponsorship application. Since you know that your file is a non-routine case you do realised the outcome of it? If you have any other question pleased fell free to ask.

Enjoy your week-end