+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I keep meaning to ask...when did the old in-process become the new in-process?

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
I keep meaning to ask...when did the old in-process become the new in-process?
Old In Process: 2014 and beginning of 2015( May) applicants got In Process when they had cleared their eligibility criteria
New In process: From June 2015 once the file has been RCV'd by CIC it goes in process even before it arrives at VO (in due course the visa office will send an acknowledgement of receipt)

raaji53

Nov 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Chc new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 jan 2009
Med's Request
14 sep 2009
Med's Done....
15 sep 2009
Interview........
14 sep 2009
Eagle333 said:
Hi there,

I would like to give you food for thought based on the information you just provide. Remember I could be 100% wrong with my comment, however I tried to comment on your post with the appropriate approach I could.

Every year thousands of people apply to reunite with their families in Canada. For some the process is quick and smooth;
for others there may be difficulties and delays. One of the barriers faced by some families is a request for DNA testing – this
happens when a Canadian official does not believe that the family relationship has been adequately proven.

When processing an immigration application that is based on a family relationship, officers of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) must satisfy themselves that the relationship indeed exists. Departmental guidelines specify that DNA “is a last resort. It is an option for an applicant “who cannot provide satisfactory documentary evidence of a relationship.”

* Lots of doubt have been casted on your application by CIC. DNA request is a sign that CIC does not believe the relationship between parents and children is genuine.
* Another thing is an Interview. It is not always a good sign when CIC request for an interview. It means that they are in doubt of the relationship between sponsor and the sponsored person to be also genuine. It is unclear to them if those documents submitted were genuine or not.
* Another bad sign was, they had your passport for 1 year and 2 months why didn't they make a copy like they normally do? They decided to release your passport after the interview then I am assuming on October 5, 2015 they wanted to know your passport number, place of birth, date of birth, passport expiry date it is very funny. However, It is also faire to look the coin on both side. That call on October 05,2015 could have been a routine check up on your file to know if the visa can be issued in the same passport they had before. Matbe they wanted to make sure it still valide and has the same information they have on file.

I will sum up, although your file had so many red flags CIC is willing to process it and some of these days they will surprise you with a Decision.

Good Luck
thanks eagle for ur time its really appriciated our case is not spouse case this is a parents and siblings case my elder sister sponserd us we are two dependents with parents am 26 years old and younger brother 15 years old both are regular students....

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Eagle333 said:
Old In Process: 2014 and beginning of 2015( May) applicants got In Process when they had cleared their eligibility criteria
New In process: From June 2015 once the file has been RCV'd by CIC it goes in process even before it arrives at VO (in due course the visa office will send an acknowledgement of receipt)
My dear Eagle Not all the times.. I've submit my application in Feb 2015 , I went in Process in Sep 2015 , but still Eligibility Criteria is not cleared.. I think Getting In Process does not tell you if you've cleared anything or not . it just tell you somebody opened/opens your Applicantion at least once .. something is happening or happened with it .. it can be negative or positive .

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Eagle333 said:
Hi there,

I would like to give you food for thought based on the information you just provide. Remember I could be 100% wrong with my comment, however I tried to comment on your post with the appropriate approach I could.

Every year thousands of people apply to reunite with their families in Canada. For some the process is quick and smooth;
for others there may be difficulties and delays. One of the barriers faced by some families is a request for DNA testing – this
happens when a Canadian official does not believe that the family relationship has been adequately proven.

When processing an immigration application that is based on a family relationship, officers of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) must satisfy themselves that the relationship indeed exists. Departmental guidelines specify that DNA “is a last resort. It is an option for an applicant “who cannot provide satisfactory documentary evidence of a relationship.”

* Lots of doubt have been casted on your application by CIC. DNA request is a sign that CIC does not believe the relationship between parents and children is genuine.
* Another thing is an Interview. It is not always a good sign when CIC request for an interview. It means that they are in doubt of the relationship between sponsor and the sponsored person to be also genuine. It is unclear to them if those documents submitted were genuine or not.
* Another bad sign was, they had your passport for 1 year and 2 months why didn't they make a copy like they normally do? They decided to release your passport after the interview then I am assuming on October 5, 2015 they wanted to know your passport number, place of birth, date of birth, passport expiry date it is very funny. However, It is also faire to look the coin on both side. That call on October 05,2015 could have been a routine check up on your file to know if the visa can be issued in the same passport they had before. Matbe they wanted to make sure it still valide and has the same information they have on file.

I will sum up, although your file had so many red flags CIC is willing to process it and some of these days they will surprise you with a Decision.

Good Luck
hi Eagle 333

i am sjgolfer ,my spousal sponsorship is in process , CIC ask me for DNA to check child parent
relation ship which i have already done when i was in canada , and result was positive and after 15 days of DNA my Ecas went IN PROCESS , and two weeks after it was DECISION MADE and i receive email to send my passport , but when i send my Pass port but same time i have argument with my wife and she wrote email to Singapore that she want to with draw the sponsorship application , but then next day she send an email to them again that it was just a miss understanding she wants to continue sponsor ship and request them please issue my husband PR visa , we have one baby daughter togather and they ask for DNA and we already did DNA but then they call me and told me to attend Interview before they finalize my application my Ecase status was disicion made and then it change to application receive , but then they return my pass port with No visa and my canada TRV they put cancel With Out Prejudice stamp , i visited canada once on TRV to my family , now i m waiting for interview , i live in thailand and i m not Thai ,
My family will gonna visit me In February 2016 for 10 days , every thing good between me and my , but what should i do now . please reply me on my email address i need your advise .
please advise what should i do

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tony000 said:
My dear Eagle Not all the times.. I've submit my application in Feb 2015 , I went in Process in Sep 2015 , but still Eligibility Criteria is not cleared.. I think Getting In Process does not tell you if you've cleared anything or not . it just tell you somebody opened/opens your Applicantion at least once .. something is happening or happened with it .. it can be negative or positive .
Hello Tony000,

That is how CIC used to work with the old in Process. From what I understand when your file has been selected for interview by mistake as you said, it became automatically a non routine case. In your case eligibility should not say pass until you successfully pass your interview. Routine cases don't usually take time to clear eligibility. From the moment files arrive at the VO they get a 3 months BFD, in 3 months eligibility review should start. Now it depends if someone's file is complete ( complete means eligibility is recommended pass) then BGC will be initiated right away. Tony I know you said your file was wrongly selected for an interview, which makes your file not to follow the routine procedure but the non-routine one.
Your eligibitlity will only pass after your convince Immigration officer that day. When I explained old inprocess it was for routine cases, since non routine ones seem to follow a different procedure.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjgolfer014 said:
hi Eagle 333

i am sjgolfer ,my spousal sponsorship is in process , CIC ask me for DNA to check child parent
relation ship which i have already done when i was in canada , and result was positive and after 15 days of DNA my Ecas went IN PROCESS , and two weeks after it was DECISION MADE and i receive email to send my passport , but when i send my Pass port but same time i have argument with my wife and she wrote email to Singapore that she want to with draw the sponsorship application , but then next day she send an email to them again that it was just a miss understanding she wants to continue sponsor ship and request them please issue my husband PR visa , we have one baby daughter togather and they ask for DNA and we already did DNA but then they call me and told me to attend Interview before they finalize my application my Ecase status was disicion made and then it change to application receive , but then they return my pass port with No visa and my canada TRV they put cancel With Out Prejudice stamp , i visited canada once on TRV to my family , now i m waiting for interview , i live in thailand and i m not Thai ,
My family will gonna visit me In February 2016 for 10 days , every thing good between me and my , but what should i do now . please reply me on my email address i need your advise .
please advise what should i do
Hi sjgolfer014,

You have all the interest to know what she said in that email because your interview now depend on what she wrote in that email. What if she accused you of something which will make you inadmissible in Canada? My advice to you is to order your GCMS notes if your interview is in 2-3 months then you will know what she said in that email.

Good Luck

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Eagle333 said:
Hi sjgolfer014,

You have all the interest to know what she said in that email because your interview now depend on what she wrote in that email. What if she accused you of something which will make you inadmissible in Canada? My advice to you is to order your GCMS notes if your interview is in 2-3 months then you will know what she said in that email.

Good Luck
She Said in the email that She wants To with draw from sponsorship application, as she think that our relation is not good and
i just want to come to canada , but next days every thing was good between us and she wrote an other email and said that
sorry for inconvienance its was just miss understanding between me and my husband , me and my daughter really need him
please issue him his PR visa , but before that email they send her a letter form to sign that she want to with draw her application
but she didnt sign and not reply , and then on monday visa officer call me that my wife has some concern so that why they want to
conduct my interview
i told visa officer that every thing is good between us , yes it was just miss understanding but no every thing is normal , she said we want to take interview but my wife send them letter that it was just miss understanding , nothing else ,and said sorry and said that we really need
my husband to be here , with us ,

thats what she write in her email , i have send them on going relationship , i am doing child support every month and now i have book there
ticket and they are visiting my in

please let me know what should i do now . appreciate your advise

anxious2015

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015
File Transfer...
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
Dear Eagle,

I need your help regarding my case, but first I want to say bless you and your kindness for taking the time to help so many of us who are anxiously waiting for our spouse to be approved.

I am hoping you can shed some light on my case and offer some help. Here is the timeline of my husband's application:

Applied: March 2015
SA: May 2015
VO Processing Start: May 2015

Our case got updated to In Process on October 9th just like many other people on this forum (any reason why so many got it same day?)

You mentioned in your post about security that the VO may be checking for any convictions in countries where the applicant spent more than 6 months. My husband and I are currently in Korea, a third country which neither of us are citizens of. We have seen other applicants from our VO already receive their approval back in September who had applied the same day as us. We are trying to understand why this may be? We haven't ordered our notes yet but will be later today! Anyway, we are wondering if being in Korea for the past 5 months has anything to do with the delay? Should we send a police check even though it hasn't been requested? It is clean so no problems there. We were hoping to leave Korea in the next month or so as it is not working out for us here, but I am afraid to leave early if they end up requesting information which we have a hard time getting while out of the country. Thoughts?

Thanks again for your help!

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjgolfer014 said:
She Said in the email that She wants To with draw from sponsorship application, as she think that our relation is not good and
i just want to come to canada , but next days every thing was good between us and she wrote an other email and said that
sorry for inconvienance its was just miss understanding between me and my husband , me and my daughter really need him
please issue him his PR visa , but before that email they send her a letter form to sign that she want to with draw her application
but she didnt sign and not reply , and then on monday visa officer call me that my wife has some concern so that why they want to
conduct my interview
i told visa officer that every thing is good between us , yes it was just miss understanding but no every thing is normal , she said we want to take interview but my wife send them letter that it was just miss understanding , nothing else ,and said sorry and said that we really need
my husband to be here , with us ,

thats what she write in her email , i have send them on going relationship , i am doing child support every month and now i have book there
ticket and they are visiting my in

please let me know what should i do now . appreciate your advise

sjgolfer014,

I told you what to do already. Order your GCMS notes and prepare for that interview. You or your wife cannot reverse that interview decision. There is nothing in my book I can tell you to reverse your interview, maybe someone else will give you a better idea to reverse that. When she wrote that your relationship is not good, she did not know the weight of saying "our relationship is not good". These immigration officers behave like Policemen. Now she gave them access to doubt your relationship until you pass your interview.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Eagle333 said:
sjgolfer014,

I told you what to do already. Order your GCMS notes and prepare for that interview. You or your wife cannot reverse that interview decision. There is nothing in my book I can tell you to reverse your interview, maybe someone else will give you a better idea to reverse that. When she wrote that your relationship is not good, she did not know the weight of saying "our relationship is not good". These immigration officers behave like Policemen. Now she gave them access to doubt your relationship until you pass your interview.
ok we have already order GCMS Note yesterday i will also update you , does this thing help that we meet with each other and collect all the
evidence of on going relation and send to CIC , they said interview approximatly will be in 24 moth time ,my visa office is CIC Singapore ,
but she also wrote a letter that it was just a miss understanding ,

A.F.

Nov 7, 2015
Hi Eagle333,

My visa office is Singapore.

1. Sponsorship application was received in February 2105
2. Sponsorship was approved in April 2015

Principal Applicant:
My ecas went to 'in process' in last week of August 2015

The ecas says:

1. we received your application on April 19, 2015
2. we started processing your application on April 27,2015
3. Medical results have been received

After the ecas went to in process, it has been 2.5 months but we did not hear anything. Medical was done in May 2015, Police clearance was issued in January 2015. RPRF has already been paid with the initial application.

Getting worried because it has been long time since the application went to in process.

Do you think we have passed the eligibility? or we will be called for an interview?

Thank you very much