+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmedwaqas said:
hello h r u dear eagle as you know my case is in process from 4th aug 2015 and yesterday i cheek my status there is 1 line add to my sponsor approval side witch is already DM before there is 3 lines applecation rcd date 2nd is we start processing from june 12 and we send you cors 14th july 2015 and know 4th is we send you cros on 13 june but i dnt recv any mail on 13th june and 2nd thing is that why line add on this side witch already DM i am wating for DM on PR applecation seide and maybe thay open my file know and start proper work on my file but as your information i am part of new process so i dnt understand why line added here please help me.
Good day ahmedwaqas,

That letter was not for you but your sponsor's. She needs to contact CPC-M via email or call center to learn more about that letter. So you don't need to worry too much about that.

htokyo

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
26-10-2015 (medical results received)
Passport Req..
24-02-2016 (DM 26-02-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted Feb 29, visa received Mar 18
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Hi Eagle333

My status shows "In process" with "Medical results have been received"
Is it positive with medical? And what is the next?
Thanks

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
htokyo said:
Hi Eagle333

My status shows "In process" with "Medical results have been received"
Is it positive with medical? And what is the next?
Thanks
htokyo,

Kindly update us with your timeline and Visa Office. what kind of information have you exchanged with your visa office so far. When did you last order your GCMS?, what types is your application?. Upon receiving this information I will be able to guess what is the next step. Warning: I could also be 100% wrong in my analysis just to let you know. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely

Eagle333

zislam500

Aug 29, 2012
Eagle333 said:
Based on your timeline, I see 0% of interview. If you want to believe me order your GCMS Notes they give more information than a MP can provide. CIC makes sure people know about the time, dates and location of their interviews as soon as possible. If you are part of the NEW IN PROCESS yes your file will go in process but you won't able to see when they started working on your file until they clear Edibility. On this new process you will not see the date of in process if your file is pending for interview that is the key piece of information right there guys need to know.
Hi Eagle333,

I have something to be clear about.
I sent the spouse sponsorship application to Mississauga in first week of February 2015.

1. I included a letter from my employer that I am a full time employee and my term will end on April 14, 2015
2. I got SA approved on April 14 and they sent the application to Singapore on April 20, 2015

3. In April I got permanent with the same employer.
4. I visited my wife for two months (July, August 2015)
5. My wife, I and my parents visited a foreign country for four days in the last week of August 2015
6. In first week of September 2015, I quit my job and took an admission for PhD with funding and have come back to Canada

As I mentioned earlier, the PA section of ecas shows:

We received your application on April 19, 2015
We started processing your application on April 27, 2015
Medical results have been received

I saw that ecase changed to 'in process' on September 1, 2015.

My question is, I have not updated CIC with what happened in 3-6 listed above thinking that since our application was in process and it was close to end and updating CIC SVO with 3-6 incidents will unnecessarily linger the process. But now seeing that it has been more than two months since we got in process and received no update after that, I am getting worried especially seeing couple of people on forum being in interview list after their ecas went to in process.

Should I update CIC with 3-6?

I ordered GCMS 10 days ago. Just after applying I got an email. It was mentioned that I will be given a tracking number but in these 10 days I have not received anything so far. Is that normal?

Thank you very much and sorry for the long message.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zislam500 said:
Hi Eagle333,

I have something to be clear about.
I sent the spouse sponsorship application to Mississauga in first week of February 2015.

1. I included a letter from my employer that I am a full time employee and my term will end on April 14, 2015
2. I got SA approved on April 14 and they sent the application to Singapore on April 20, 2015

3. In April I got permanent with the same employer.
4. I visited my wife for two months (July, August 2015)
5. My wife, I and my parents visited a foreign country for four days in the last week of August 2015
6. In first week of September 2015, I quit my job and took an admission for PhD with funding and have come back to Canada

As I mentioned earlier, the PA section of ecas shows:

We received your application on April 19, 2015
We started processing your application on April 27, 2015
Medical results have been received

I saw that ecase changed to 'in process' on September 1, 2015.

My question is, I have not updated CIC with what happened in 3-6 listed above thinking that since our application was in process and it was close to end and updating CIC SVO with 3-6 incidents will unnecessarily linger the process. But now seeing that it has been more than two months since we got in process and received no update after that, I am getting worried especially seeing couple of people on forum being in interview list after their ecas went to in process.

Should I update CIC with 3-6?

I ordered GCMS 10 days ago. Just after applying I got an email. It was mentioned that I will be given a tracking number but in these 10 days I have not received anything so far. Is that normal?

Thank you very much and sorry for the long message.
zislam500,

From everything you mentioned in your list (1-6) has nothing to do with your wife's application delay. First of all, you need to know that there is one enemy that visa offices encounter a lot it is called backlog. I know one member of this forum called Air Force 5 her applications also went IN PROCESS April 17, 2015 as we speak she got PPR. Your visa office could have been experiencing backlog you never know. Wait for your GCMS notes they will reveal a lot of things. You cannot be put to interview at this stage. They would have sent you a letter to notify you about the date, time and location of the interview. To me no news is good news because the day they will contact everything will be 90% complete.

WidnesPR

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront ~ extended
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015
Good day ! merely out of curiosity ... and well this forum keeps my mind off the waiting :)

Our timeline;

November 10 2014 sent application
February 2015 approved Sponsor

September 28 2015 ECA's changed to in process
October 13th request for updated PC ~ sent the following week
November 9th received response on medical extension; granted until 2016/10/09

we are in the old in process; at which point are the background clearances done ? if they needed an updated PC does that mean they are only just starting the background checks?

thank you in advance I appreciate your opinion

Monna

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-12-2014
Passport Req..
10-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2015
Dear Eagle 333,
Thank you for your kind advice. I was patient and today we got a Decision Made in Ecas. Hooray!
It should be soon for us to receive a request for passport.
I can not say how helpful you are - not just by providing valid comments and advices, but because you are so thoughtful of all who need help.
Hope and pray that you will get rewarded for this, as you've done so much for those who needed it.

Thank you again and bless you.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monna said:
Dear Eagle 333,
Thank you for your kind advice. I was patient and today we got a Decision Made in Ecas. Hooray!
It should be soon for us to receive a request for passport.
I can not say how helpful you are - not just by providing valid comments and advices, but because you are so thoughtful of all who need help.
Hope and pray that you will get rewarded for this, as you've done so much for those who needed it.

Thank you again and bless you.
Dear Monna,

I am so happy you have no idea. It is over now for you. Expect to get your visa soon.

Congratulations!!!

MrsHBKelly

Apr 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Eagle333!

My timeline is as such:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 19, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 27, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

ECAS changed to In Process on September 22nd.

When we received the generic email saying we were in process, we sent a copy of a recent ultrasound picture and blood test results as I have become pregnant while on visitor status in Calgary with my husband. I applied for a visitor extension (I'm a US citizen) and was approved to stay until November 24, 2017.

Do I need to inform CIC about my new extended visitor status and my official resignation from my job in the US?

Any idea when they may make some progress on my application? Was I approved as a visitor until 2017 (I only requested an additional 6 months so I could stay with my husband through the birth and maintain continuity of care, so the two years they gave me was super generous) because they anticipate an issue with my application which will take longer to process?

Thanks!!

htokyo

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
26-10-2015 (medical results received)
Passport Req..
24-02-2016 (DM 26-02-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted Feb 29, visa received Mar 18
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Eagle333 said:
htokyo,

Kindly update us with your timeline and Visa Office. what kind of information have you exchanged with your visa office so far. When did you last order your GCMS?, what types is your application?. Upon receiving this information I will be able to guess what is the next step. Warning: I could also be 100% wrong in my analysis just to let you know. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely

Eagle333
Thanks Eagle333 for responding!

My status
- Medical results have been received on Oct 28
- In process
- PNP
- Manila
- No GCMS order so far

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
htokyo said:
Thanks Eagle333 for responding!

My status
- Medical results have been received on Oct 28
- In process
- PNP
- Manila
- No GCMS order so far
Good day htokyo,

I am sorry that I am not in good position to respond to your post because I don't know how the PNP works. Your best bait will be to visit the PNP thread which is available on this forum and I believe you will find people who will assist you. I appreciate your post anyways.

Eagle333

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsHBKelly said:
Hi Eagle333!

My timeline is as such:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 19, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 27, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

ECAS changed to In Process on September 22nd.

When we received the generic email saying we were in process, we sent a copy of a recent ultrasound picture and blood test results as I have become pregnant while on visitor status in Calgary with my husband. I applied for a visitor extension (I'm a US citizen) and was approved to stay until November 24, 2017.

Do I need to inform CIC about my new extended visitor status and my official resignation from my job in the US?

Any idea when they may make some progress on my application? Was I approved as a visitor until 2017 (I only requested an additional 6 months so I could stay with my husband through the birth and maintain continuity of care, so the two years they gave me was super generous) because they anticipate an issue with my application which will take longer to process?

Thanks!!
Hi MrsHBKelly,

With all due respect and consideration your pregnancy information does need to be communicated to CIC. I don't see how important it will be to inform CIC that you are expecting. CIC was very generous by issuing a 2 years TRV to you. Informing CIC that you are about to quit your job in the USA it is a good thing however it has no impact on your file either. Your timeline looks old and ready for the next step anytime. Relax, you are already in Canada until your PR is granted.

Sincerely
Eagle333

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tony000 said:
What's Difference between '' In Process '' and '' Open '' Application Status in GCMS notes ??
Hi Tonny,

I don't know weather you received my email from Gmail or not? Your feedback regarding to my email would have been appreciated since you asked my views on those notes.

Regards