+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raaji53 said:
hello friends yesterday i got a call from chc new delhi because they need some information from our pasports like pasport no., date of birth, place of birth, expiry date .... Any idea friends why they did that its been 2 months of 2nd medical dna test interview we hav done everything now how long it will for visa stamps

Do you mind sharing your timeline, Visa office, if you have ordered GCMS before and what kind of relationship you have with your VO?. I believe someone will actually be courageous and to take the bull by it horns.

Note: When I meant what kind of relationship: let people know what kind of communication you have exchanged with your visa office. Did they request for additional supporting documents, PPT, Re-med....thanks for your understanding.

raaji53

Nov 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Chc new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 jan 2009
Med's Request
14 sep 2009
Med's Done....
15 sep 2009
Interview........
14 sep 2009
Eagle333 said:
Do you mind sharing your timeline, Visa office, if you have ordered GCMS before and what kind of relationship you have with your VO?. I believe someone will actually be courageous and to take the bull by it horns.

Note: When I meant what kind of relationship: let people know what kind of communication you have exchanged with your visa office. Did they request for additional supporting documents, PPT, Re-med....thanks for your understanding.
application recived 2 jan 2009
Aaditional doc reqst jan 2013
File transfer to new delhi 2013
Ist medical and additional docs reqst june 2013
Medical done and pasport sent june 2013
Dna reqst april 2014
Dna done july 2014
Interview 14 sep 2014 on interview they return our pasport for remedical also issued remedical instructions
5 oct got call from embassy for pasport information

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raaji53 said:
application recived 2 jan 2009
Aaditional doc reqst jan 2013
File transfer to new delhi 2013
Ist medical and additional docs reqst june 2013
Medical done and pasport sent june 2013
Dna reqst april 2014
Dna done july 2014
Interview 14 sep 2014 on interview they return our pasport for remedical also issued remedical instructions
5 oct got call from embassy for pasport information
I am working on your question based on CIC manuals, allow me to take time and come with something before I go to bed.
one last thing before I go back to do my research. I need some more information.

Do you have a child with a Canadian spouse?
Are you being sponsored by a spouse in Canada or you and your spouse are applying for PR outside of Canada?

Thanks

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
@ Eagle

Help me in this what we should do now , should we send them Explanation letters ( from Parents , from us,etc.. ) regarding their concerns which even does not apply to us , what we think is they Actually did not understand our Marriage I mean we did our marriage traditionally with Pre-wedding ceremonies ( Mahyoon + Mendhi ) Wedding Ceremony and Reception, on each event we wore purely Traditional Dresses .0ur Consultant is not helping us , we think he want us to go for interview , He want us to wait for something that does not apply to.

I'm in interview queue but the reasons are illogical and VO did mistakes .

1 . At the time of Nikkah our dress were not traditional but it was purely traditional

2. Marriage was not arranged by family but in our family we are allow select our life partners and now a days in Pakistan this trend is common

3.Mistake : what they have mention wrong date of Marriage . Marriage Certificate was provided with Package . the date of marriage they mention is Actually the Date our pre-wedding ceremonies ( Mahyoon and Mendhi ) . this make us feel that they are unclear about our Marriage if its according to culture and Traditions etc..

4. PA and Sponsor are not related : Its also Common in our family not to marry with cousins etc.. Its one individual's choice .. in our family thr are few example thr spouses are not related .

Dear Eagle pls advice me what to do now ?? Wait for Interview or try to encounter VO concerns and also tell him that he is misunderstanding something about our Wedding/ Marriage etc .. ?? may be we will be out of queue.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raaji53 said:
hello friends yesterday i got a call from chc new delhi because they need some information from our pasports like pasport no., date of birth, place of birth, expiry date .... Any idea friends why they did that its been 2 months of 2nd medical dna test interview we hav done everything now how long it will for visa stamps
Hi there,

I would like to give you food for thought based on the information you just provide. Remember I could be 100% wrong with my comment, however I tried to comment on your post with the appropriate approach I could.

Every year thousands of people apply to reunite with their families in Canada. For some the process is quick and smooth;
for others there may be difficulties and delays. One of the barriers faced by some families is a request for DNA testing – this
happens when a Canadian official does not believe that the family relationship has been adequately proven.

When processing an immigration application that is based on a family relationship, officers of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) must satisfy themselves that the relationship indeed exists. Departmental guidelines specify that DNA “is a last resort. It is an option for an applicant “who cannot provide satisfactory documentary evidence of a relationship.”

* Lots of doubt have been casted on your application by CIC. DNA request is a sign that CIC does not believe the relationship between parents and children is genuine.
* Another thing is an Interview. It is not always a good sign when CIC request for an interview. It means that they are in doubt of the relationship between sponsor and the sponsored person to be also genuine. It is unclear to them if those documents submitted were genuine or not.
* Another bad sign was, they had your passport for 1 year and 2 months why didn't they make a copy like they normally do? They decided to release your passport after the interview then I am assuming on October 5, 2015 they wanted to know your passport number, place of birth, date of birth, passport expiry date it is very funny. However, It is also faire to look the coin on both side. That call on October 05,2015 could have been a routine check up on your file to know if the visa can be issued in the same passport they had before. Matbe they wanted to make sure it still valide and has the same information they have on file.

I will sum up, although your file had so many red flags CIC is willing to process it and some of these days they will surprise you with a Decision.

Good Luck

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tony000 said:
@ Eagle

Help me in this what we should do now , should we send them Explanation letters ( from Parents , from us,etc.. ) regarding their concerns which even does not apply to us , what we think is they Actually did not understand our Marriage I mean we did our marriage traditionally with Pre-wedding ceremonies ( Mahyoon + Mendhi ) Wedding Ceremony and Reception, on each event we wore purely Traditional Dresses .0ur Consultant is not helping us , we think he want us to go for interview , He want us to wait for something that does not apply to.

I'm in interview queue but the reasons are illogical and VO did mistakes .

1 . At the time of Nikkah our dress were not traditional but it was purely traditional

2. Marriage was not arranged by family but in our family we are allow select our life partners and now a days in Pakistan this trend is common

3.Mistake : what they have mention wrong date of Marriage . Marriage Certificate was provided with Package . the date of marriage they mention is Actually the Date our pre-wedding ceremonies ( Mahyoon and Mendhi ) . this make us feel that they are unclear about our Marriage if its according to culture and Traditions etc..

4. PA and Sponsor are not related : Its also Common in our family not to marry with cousins etc.. Its one individual's choice .. in our family thr are few example thr spouses are not related .

Dear Eagle pls advice me what to do now ?? Wait for Interview or try to encounter VO concerns and also tell him that he is misunderstanding something about our Wedding/ Marriage etc .. ?? may be we will be out of queue.
Hi Tonny000

Make your MP to shoot them an email regarding all the incosistencies of dates you saw in your file. However that email might not reverse the Interview decision which is on the table, but it is worth to try than doing nothing. Tonny what do your GCMS Notes say about your interview? what are the red flags the officer noticed? You need to let it out if you want help. In my personal experience I did not contact a lawyer to apply for my PR. CIC made it so easy by providing a checklist of things they want and encourage you to provide even more proofs which will work out in your favour. I am one of the guy who never believe to see a lawyer to file my Immigration application. I did my PR application alone, few years later I did for my spouse and recently for my Canadian Citizenship. If you follow advice from members of this forum you will succeed.

You might have this interview because your lawyer did not prepare you well enough before sending your application. Tonny does CIC suspect you of marrying your relative?

Good Luck

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Eagle333 said:
Hi Tonny000

Make your MP to shoot them an email regarding all the incosistencies of dates you saw in your file. However that email might not reverse the Interview decision which is on the table, but it is worth to try than doing nothing. Tonny what do your GCMS Notes say about your interview? what are the red flags the officer noticed? You need to let it out if you want help. In my personal experience I did not contact a lawyer to apply for my PR. CIC made it so easy by providing a checklist of things they want and encourage you to provide even more proofs which will work out in your favour. I am one of the guy who never believe to see a lawyer to file my Immigration application. I did my PR application alone, few years later I did for my spouse and recently for my Canadian Citizenship. If you follow advice from members of this forum you will succeed.

You might have this interview because your lawyer did not prepare you well enough before sending your application. Tonny does CIC suspect you of marrying your relative?

Good Luck
Red flags that He noticed are point 1 2 & 4 in my above Message . and point # 1 Does not pertain to us . this why we are thinking to explain them that it does not pertain to us and why it does not .

raaji53

Nov 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Chc new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 jan 2009
Med's Request
14 sep 2009
Med's Done....
15 sep 2009
Interview........
14 sep 2009
Eagle333 said:
I am working on your question based on CIC manuals, allow me to take time and come with something before I go to bed.
one last thing before I go back to do my research. I need some more information.

Do you have a child with a Canadian spouse?
Are you being sponsored by a spouse in Canada or you and your spouse are applying for PR outside of Canada?

Thanks
thanks eagle this is a parents case file my sister sponserd us we are two dependents am 26 years old and my younger bro 15 year old and my parents

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
28-Aug-2015
File Transfer...
21-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
20-Sep-2015 *** IP: 6-Oct-2015 *** CSQ Received: 26-Oct-2015
Eagle333 said:
SyrianCanadian,

No they worked on your file even if medical and PCC were not on file, but remember they could not initiate Criminality because there was no PCC on file. Medical is always good to be on file when they are ready to issue the visa I guess you know the reason. I already explained that in my previous notes. Your application is probably in queue for eligibility review, give them at least 3-4 months to work on your file then you will order your GCMS.
Thanks Eagle, I really appreciate your info :)
Our ECAS showed medical received yesterday...

So now the PR timeline is:
We received X's application for permanent residence on July 29, 2015.
We started processing X's application on October 6, 2015.
Medical Results have been received.

Can you please advise me where does that put us, does this mean they started the security/criminality checks too?

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SyrianCanadian said:
Thanks Eagle, I really appreciate your info :)
Our ECAS showed medical received yesterday...

So now the PR timeline is:
We received X's application for permanent residence on July 29, 2015.
We started processing X's application on October 6, 2015.
Medical Results have been received.

Can you please advise me where does that put us, does this mean they started the security/criminality checks too?
Good SyrianCanadian,

Your file is still at the Registry. It has probably a Bring Forward Date of three months from the moment it was received at your VO. Give it time to mature and order your GCMS notes February 15, 2016. Around this time a lot will happen on your file.

Jamesliam15

Nov 2, 2015
Hello Eagle333

Hello there

Hope all is well with you? I was hoping you could give me some advice My wife is Canadian and is sponsoring myself and my son to come and live in Canada - so I guess we are an Outland application, the sponsorship approval was given in August 2014 and our application went into "in progress" in sept 2014 - i check the online status everyday - and after ages of seeing application received and then "in progress" (from mid August 2014) it now says decision made - on first page only! The second more detailed page still says they wrote to me on August 14th requesting new medicals - which we did immediately - no other update, no notes regarding any correspondence being sent regarding the DM, Any ideas what this could mean - good news I hope, I am British and currently living in Canada with my wife and son - do you think an interview will be required? Do cic inform people via mail or email? I have a lawyer in the uk who submitted our application.

Many thanks in advance.

zislam500

Aug 29, 2012
tony000 said:
Red flags that He noticed are point 1 2 & 4 in my above Message . and point # 1 Does not pertain to us . this why we are thinking to explain them that it does not pertain to us and why it does not .
Hi tony000,

Could you clarify if you and your spouse are related?
This applies to me, we are related.
That's why getting worried.

Thanks

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesliam15 said:
Hello Eagle333

Hello there

Hope all is well with you? I was hoping you could give me some advice My wife is Canadian and is sponsoring myself and my son to come and live in Canada - so I guess we are an Outland application, the sponsorship approval was given in August 2014 and our application went into "in progress" in sept 2014 - i check the online status everyday - and after ages of seeing application received and then "in progress" (from mid August 2014) it now says decision made - on first page only! The second more detailed page still says they wrote to me on August 14th requesting new medicals - which we did immediately - no other update, no notes regarding any correspondence being sent regarding the DM, Any ideas what this could mean - good news I hope, I am British and currently living in Canada with my wife and son - do you think an interview will be required? Do cic inform people via mail or email? I have a lawyer in the uk who submitted our application.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi Jamesliam15,

I found your timeline in one of your threads:

We received xxxxxxxxx application for permanent residence on June 13, 2014.

We started processing xxxxxxxx application on September 8, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

We sent xxxxxxxxxxx medical instructions on August 12, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file seems to me like it went through normal process. It obviously took a considerable amount of time in BGC. Judging from your timeline it is clear to me that all the admissible factors fit in and your Decision Made is 100% positive, however your file might have hit a backlog on its way to the issuing of COPR. You are well aware that you belong from a visa-exempt country so they will not request for PPT.

At this point your GCMS file looks like this

ASSESSMENT:
Eligibility: Pass
Security: Pass
HIRV: Pass
Criminality: Pass
Org. Crim: Pass
Medical: Pass
Misrepresentation: Pass
Final Decision: Pass (DECISION MADE on eCas)

Expect your Decision/COPR letter next week or the following week but mostly next week. You don't need to question yourself right now but enjoy your time and relax. Things look green for you and I would like to take this opportunity and wish you "congratulations for your big achievement" Your timeline (1yr & 2M) is around the 12 months standard time for PR process.

Good Luck.

Jamesliam15

Nov 2, 2015
Re: OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED - decision made

Hello Eagel333

Thank you for the post - and your time!

What does ppt mean? I'm
Slightly worried as the second more detailed page doesn't acknowledge the decision made? Are cic not to quick to update this?

I have a lawyer in the uk - will papers be sent there?

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED - decision made

Jamesliam15 said:
Hello Eagel333

Thank you for the post - and your time!

What does ppt mean? I'm
Slightly worried as the second more detailed page doesn't acknowledge the decision made? Are cic not to quick to update this?

I have a lawyer in the uk - will papers be sent there?
PPT stands for Passport.
CIC sometimes takes time to update the eCas. Your paper will be sent to the UK address which is on your file.