+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD APPLICATIONS.....?????

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Guys...very sorry for my ignorance, but can somebody tell me what is the issue.
1) What are the old applications
2) What have happened to them? I mean why are they in bad situation and what is the situation
3) Which consulate is it about

Again, sorry for my ignorance.....

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
BobbyB said:
toastymalik said:
Yes Bozica, you are so very right..there isnt much positive news on the old application's front..we applied in sept 2007 and still waiting.. my husband is the principle applicant and applied under skilled worker category...he is at a senior position with the UN...he is in his late 40's and by the time the immigration happens...if at all it happens...i feel it will be quite late...we haven't got any choice but to wait and watch...but i also read on one of the forums that CIC is hiring more staff to clear the back log...good luck everyone who applied before 27th Feb 2008...and good luck to u too Bozica..cheers
Hey hey, I think, I also deserve to be wished Good Luck. For all, I posted the comments!! :) (LOL)
I think we can all agree that you are the one person everyone (and i mean everyone on this forum) wishes the best. Good luck.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
BobbyB said:
toastymalik said:
Yes Bozica, you are so very right..there isnt much positive news on the old application's front..we applied in sept 2007 and still waiting.. my husband is the principle applicant and applied under skilled worker category...he is at a senior position with the UN...he is in his late 40's and by the time the immigration happens...if at all it happens...i feel it will be quite late...we haven't got any choice but to wait and watch...but i also read on one of the forums that CIC is hiring more staff to clear the back log...good luck everyone who applied before 27th Feb 2008...and good luck to u too Bozica..cheers
Hey hey, I think, I also deserve to be wished Good Luck. For all, I posted the comments!! :) (LOL)
I think we can all agree that you are the one person everyone (and i mean everyone on this forum) wishes the best. Good luck.
Thank You Rupesh. I am overwhelmed and honoured!!
My Best wishes go back out to you all!!!

adebolakazeem

Feb 13, 2009
How can you think that Bobby, you are one person whose response i always want to read, really wish you guys the best, and especially you Bobby, Man! you give sound advice,straight to the point and never mincing words, its not only the people who respond that benefit, wish all of you the best and especially you Bobby, hope you sorted your naija Pcc out.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adebolakazeem said:
How can you think that Bobby, you are one person whose response i always want to read, really wish you guys the best, and especially you Bobby, Man! you give sound advice,straight to the point and never mincing words, its not only the people who respond that benefit, wish all of you the best and especially you Bobby, hope you sorted your naija Pcc out.
Hi Adebolakazeem,

"E pele o. Modupe O. A'da fun gbogbo wa lojo kan".

Thank you very much for the wishes. I am, again, overwhelmed and honored.
Yes. I have sorted it out, o jare. The "kill and Go" people gave me some Wahala -"KUDI"- but, en emi gon gbe l'eko for over 20 years- Anyway, mo settle won and got what I wanted.

I wish you and every law abiding and peaceful member of the forum Good Luck.

uzmarameez

Sep 16, 2008
I am writing in any forum for the first time and feel that its a good means to discuss.My husband is the principal applicant and we applied in Nov 2005.We haven't recieved any letter for withdrawal of our application.Could it be that it was lost in the post? plz advise me what to do as 42 months are completed this month and they have given a time of 36 to 42 months.

Bozica

Feb 2, 2009
Hi all,

Thank you guys for your comments. Yes we all know that immigration is not our right but nothing wrong in raising our concerns. Of course, We ought to abide by the rules and laws of the Government. So many old applicants are going through a period when they can not take serious decisions related to their lives, jobs enhancements, business opportunities, investments etc. Like myself, I planned some serious investments in Canada once there but kind of halt situation now. I am in touch with some of prospective employers in my field in Canada but they say that first you come here and talk to them. My field of expertise does not fall in 38 list. Any ways, I am not losing my hope and am sure will come through winning one day.

We will appreciate if someone from immigration in this form, if there is any, comment and consolate us please.

Good Luck all

Bozica

-i-

Mar 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi folks...
kindof new here, and not really active... but still wished to express my support for the right cause.
I had also noticed this trend since some time.
My sympathies will ALL older applications who are being given the cold shoulder by CIC.

I can only imagine (but very well) the dreams and ambitions of those who've been waiting for a 'while' now.
I wish you all the best if your application still works out positively. But even if it doesn't, that's no reason for dismay. Quite probably something better lies ahead for you.

Wish u all the best in your endeavours.
Cheers

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
Dear all
I send my application first in DEc2007 but it came back cause of lacking NOC codes and then I resent it in Jan 2008 to buffalo NY right before they changed to 38NOC
It said on CIC website they started processing my application on 27FEB 2008 and I was worried if they would reject it on basis of new rules since my job was not in NOC
I am a citizen of India n got my PR visa on 1 May 2009
It took 15 months which is nt very bad for old rules application
I was lucky enough since my job didnt fall in NOC list and I wouldnt be eligible at this time

I suggest :
Usually they do not accept language letter - IELTS is mandatory for anyone habving birth or background in Asian countries
Wait n watch is the way to go
God tests our Patience before giving us the right things
Hope all your applications are processed quickly

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bozica said:
Hi all,

Thank you guys for your comments. Yes we all know that immigration is not our right but nothing wrong in raising our concerns. Of course, We ought to abide by the rules and laws of the Government. So many old applicants are going through a period when they can not take serious decisions related to their lives, jobs enhancements, business opportunities, investments etc. Like myself, I planned some serious investments in Canada once there but kind of halt situation now. I am in touch with some of prospective employers in my field in Canada but they say that first you come here and talk to them. My field of expertise does not fall in 38 list. Any ways, I am not losing my hope and am sure will come through winning one day.

We will appreciate if someone from immigration in this form, if there is any, comment and consolate us please.

Good Luck all

Bozica
Man, we are in the same boat. The "WAIT" is a killer. It doesn't let you plan anything. My Kids are actually asking me to forget about it, as they seem to have lost their patience. I keep on asking them to cool down, that their patience will yield fruits one day but Hmm, Hmm....... Tell them about it.

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
HI to all old applicants,

This is really a catching and interesting topic especially for 2007 applicants of London office.
The other 2 forums (trackitt and the other one) are really watching each others movement of
applications. Quite interesting and keeps hope burning in our hearts. May anyone who gets
their request for documents letter inform this forum asap to give light to others in queue.

Piolo

ria mann

Star Member
May 2, 2009
Dear i am also in que waiting from feb 2004 but still i am waiting after long in july 2008 i got letter from embessay to submitte final documents i do.------- its going to be six----- months but still waiting i also want to settle down i want to make my dreame home but dont understand where should i invest. My husband ask me forget about that but i am still waiting one by one day even my parents are there in canada and i am also eager to go i suffer lot in waiting but what can you do yes we can do wait with patients all the best to all of you those who r with old application.

with Regards,
Ria Maan
India

square111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2009
......appears that the CIC policy on old applications is vague and confusing. Either CIC is confused about it or they are simply trying to confuse the applicants. Makes one really livid to think about the 5-6 year wait and then not knowing what is going to happen next. In any case, it's the applicants who are losing on time and patience....it seems that the immigration consultants (the only bridge between us and them) are concentrating more on new applicants, especially in their meetings with CIC officials...