OLD APPLICATIONS.....?????

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
square111 said:
Guys:

While I was getting impatient with my applications, I came across a website notcanada.com , which makes me rethink whether the effort we put into Immigration is at all worth. Some of us may be very well placed in our jobs in our countries and after all the wait and the effort and putting all our life savings into it, we find ourselves in deep water in Canada not getting the jobs in our own profession and end up just trying to make ends meet!
That's one side of the story and the bitter truth. I have seen a lot of people trying to play down this side of the story, but the fact remains that this is also one but true side of the scenario, which even TV stations in Canada have aired and Immigration Department, Officers and Minister have been made aware of.
So Guy's, "fasten your seat belts before Landing". "To be forewarned is to be forearmed".

PLAN, PLAN and again PLAN.

Good Luck.

square111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2009
BobbyB said:
square111 said:
Guys:

While I was getting impatient with my applications, I came across a website notcanada.com, which makes me rethink whether the effort we put into Immigration is at all worth. Some of us may be very well placed in our jobs in our countries and after all the wait and the effort and putting all our life savings into it, we find ourselves in deep water in Canada not getting the jobs in our own profession and end up just trying to make ends meet!
That's one side of the story and the bitter truth. I have seen a lot of people trying to play down this side of the story, but the fact remains that this is also one but true side of the scenario, which even TV stations in Canada have aired and Immigration Department, Officers and Minister have been made aware of.
So Guy's, "fasten your seat belts before Landing". "To be forewarned is to be forearmed".

PLAN, PLAN and again PLAN.

Good Luck.
Thanks, BobbyB.
This seems to be something we have to be prepared for...unless we plan properly...hard work does pay (in most cases)...the rest is luck...

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
I am curious to as whether the old application (pre Feb applications) are moving slower than they would have if the new rules hadn't come out or are they moving faster (even though they are not as fast as the post-Feb application). Anyone have any idea on this?
My FSW application reached CHC ND on 25th Feb 2007. Yes, just two days before the cutoff date for old rules.

I had received the AOR within 6 weeks and it mentioned that it will take about 45 months for them to process my file. But since CHC ND is still processing 2003-2004 applications, I guess the wait time is going to be much longer. Mine will be one of the last few cases under the old rule.

About 2 weeks back, I sent a fresh application to CIA NS since my occupation is in the list of 38 occupations. Once I get the AOR for this application, I am going to withdraw the old one.

Keeping fingers crossed. :)

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shareit said:
I am curious to as whether the old application (pre Feb applications) are moving slower than they would have if the new rules hadn't come out or are they moving faster (even though they are not as fast as the post-Feb application). Anyone have any idea on this?
My FSW application reached CHC ND on 25th Feb 2007. Yes, just two days before the cutoff date for old rules.

I had received the AOR within 6 weeks and it mentioned that it will take about 45 months for them to process my file. But since CHC ND is still processing 2003-2004 applications, I guess the wait time is going to be much longer. Mine will be one of the last few cases under the old rule.

About 2 weeks back, I sent a fresh application to CIA NS since my occupation is in the list of 38 occupations. Once I get the AOR for this application, I am going to withdraw the old one.

There are many of us in the same shoes. The problem is not that we can not withdraw our old applications and then reapply under the new rules ( A lot of us qualify under the new ministerial list)- The problem here is the money and the time again. There is no guarantee that we would be sorted within a year. I also see no reason why I should forfeit this money - for the first application (Family of 5). The letters we received were an implication that the money will not be refunded any longer from that point on. I mean this is hard earned money. As such, most of us, thank God, in my case anyway, we both have jobs here even in this stressful economy of the world today-decided to just leave it the way it is. As much as I would like to land as soon as possible and start a new life, there is hardly anything I can do to expedite the process. The biggest consolation is that we have jobs and life is still as usual where we are. So I decided to just sit it up (wait).

Keeping fingers crossed. :)

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
I also see no reason why I should forfeit this money - for the first application (Family of 5). The letters we received were an implication that the money will not be refunded any longer from that point on.
As in? Did CHC send you a mail saying that the application fees would not be refunded? :-O

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shareit said:
I also see no reason why I should forfeit this money - for the first application (Family of 5). The letters we received were an implication that the money will not be refunded any longer from that point on.
As in? Did CHC send you a mail saying that the application fees would not be refunded? :-O
Yes - status is "in process"

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
WHOA!

I never received any such communication from CHC!

Now I am worried.

Yes, my status shows 'In Process' but its been that way since the day I got my AOR back in 2007.

I will have to send a query to CHC regarding this.

If its true that I would not get any refund, I will have to choose between waiting for 3-4 years more OR forget the 50k INR (for a family of 3) and go within a year (assuming that the new file is processed within a year).

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
Though it remains to be slow, but for as long as the long que is moving... 2003 then... 2004 now...

Then truly there's still light at the end of this long tunnel...

as mentioned in the SAP rules.

let's stay positive.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Its not wise to cancel the old application and start a new one. First of all its a waste of money and what is the guarantee that we will be processed again within 5 to 6 months and receive PPR. What if we wait for 5 to six months like this and receive the PPR that way without wasting the fee.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NewYorker said:
Its not wise to cancel the old application and start a new one. First of all its a waste of money and what is the guarantee that we will be processed again within 5 to 6 months and receive PPR. What if we wait for 5 to six months like this and receive the PPR that way without wasting the fee.

I definitely agree with you and acted accordingly.

vedulasx

Jul 29, 2009
Here is another case which is dragging, even though I have arranged employement.

AOR: Feb 20, 2005
Medical requested:Jan 2009
Medical completed:March 15, 2009
Supplementary information requested: April 20th, 2009
Supplementary info submitted: April 28, 2009
Application lodged at CHC London

I completed 6 months after medical and 5 months after submission of supplementary information. I am waiting eagerly for passport request as my employer needs me urgently in canada.

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
What if we wait for 5 to six months like this and receive the PPR that way without wasting the fee.
I agree, it would have been wiser if my old application processing was imminent. But CHC ND is still processing 2003-2004 applicants! It would take about 3-4 years more for my old file to be processed. With fast track, even if it takes 1.5 years, I can recover the lost amount in maybe a couple of months after that.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
shareit said:
What if we wait for 5 to six months like this and receive the PPR that way without wasting the fee.
I agree, it would have been wiser if my old application processing was imminent. But CHC ND is still processing 2003-2004 applicants! It would take about 3-4 years more for my old file to be processed. With fast track, even if it takes 1.5 years, I can recover the lost amount in maybe a couple of months after that.
You are in a different situation, I was talking about Buffalo office. You could re-apply if you wish to, you will lose your app fee though.

dream_Can

Star Member
Oct 5, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent vd docs
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2016
shareit i wana know have you got any response from CHC after filing the second application. Did you mentioned old file number in a new application. As i m also thinking to apply under fast track wiithout disturbing my old application. Is is legally permissible. Please do advise as u might have somr information as you applied again without disturbing the old one that could be withdrawn at any stage lateron.

noman

Jun 13, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111 and 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2004
Doc's Request.
08/07/2011
AOR Received.
sep 2004
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Hi , I am also the applicant of sep2004 CHC is Islamabad. I want to know ur current status?????????????