+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD APPLICATIONS.....?????

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
There can be no two views or an oata of doubt that the system is unfair to pre 28 Feb applicants. It may make good business sense to CIC to issue fast track visas to the applicants whose jobs are in demand. But it is unfair to move the goal-post midway during the match (read processing).The principles of natural justice demand first come first served rule be adhered to. Thereby starting a new parallel queue is highly unjustified. But to expect justice from CIC is asking for the moon. Although I have a strong gut feeling that this can be successfully challenged in a federal court of law in Canada and I have a feeling that someone will eventually do it some day. But that is again too far fetched and impractical thought.... "who will bell the cat?"

2004 applicants are almost near the finishing line..... what about 2005,2006-2007 and even 2008 pre-feb applicants? At this pace of things it will take ages. My good wishes to all.

Regards.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
singh123 said:
There can be no two views or an oata of doubt that the system is unfair to pre 28 Feb applicants. It may make good business sense to CIC to issue fast track visas to the applicants whose jobs are in demand. But it is unfair to move the goal-post midway during the match (read processing).The principles of natural justice demand first come first served rule be adhered to. Thereby starting a new parallel queue is highly unjustified. But to expect justice from CIC is asking for the moon. Although I have a strong gut feeling that this can be successfully challenged in a federal court of law in Canada and I have a feeling that someone will eventually do it some day. But that is again too far fetched and impractical thought.... "who will bell the cat?"

2004 applicants are almost near the finishing line..... what about 2005,2006-2007 and even 2008 pre-feb applicants? At this pace of things it will take ages. My good wishes to all.

Regards.
I am curious to as whether the old application (pre Feb applications) are moving slower than they would have if the new rules hadn't come out or are they moving faster (even though they are not as fast as the post-Feb application). Anyone have any idea on this?

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
As per my understanding, correct me if I am wrong, there is a quota system for each CHC post. For example if we assume its 10,000 FSW for New Delhi and now there are two queues to be dealt with simultaneously, it will seem obvious that pre-feb 2008 appilcants processing will slow down. Post-Feb 08 applicants are getting priority as it seems. I think it has slowed down the processing and in the comming months/years its impact will be more evident. The 2003 applicants are in final stages of visa processing or have got the visa but interestingly they have not yet touched 2004 cases although its been about 8-10 months since updated documents were sent to CHC. On the other hand the post-feb applications are still being processed.

Any views?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I don't know about the quota for each visa office. I am not saying there isn't one. I just don't know if there is or isn't one.

But the processing of application at each visa offices are definitely restricted by the number of employees that work there, so moving some people to work on the new application will definitely slow the old application processing unless they increase the number of employees.

I thought that since the part between submitting of the form and approve/decline had gotten more efficient (i.e. faster with the new process), old applications would move faster despite less people working on it (as the rest will be working on the new application). This is someone's logic that I read on the forum a while back. I don't really understand enough about the process or what they do to comment with conviction. For example, I think one person from the ND office completed his process (under the new process) in 3 or 4 months and I thought this wasn't the case a year back with the old process after the applicant submits his/her documents. I thought this efficiency of 3 or 4 months is also impacting the old application positively even though they have less people working on it.

Again, I don't really understand the process to know if the above is true. I do hope the old applications move faster than they would have otherwise.

square111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2009
rupeshhari said:
... the processing of application at each visa offices are definitely restricted by the number of employees that work there, so moving some people to work on the new application will definitely slow the old application processing unless they increase the number of employees.
I came across 2 ads placed by CHC in the "Times of India Ascent" this week inviting applications for Visa Assistant Positions. However, it remains to be seen as to whether this staff is meant to assist with the new workload or the old applications.

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
Guys, What's my real category?

1. My agent filed my initial application on 10/2007
2. I got my File number on 4/2008 (my agent said, I’m a 2008 applicant.. This is so strange)

Am I really considered a pre-Feb2008 (SAP) or a post-Feb2008 (New rule) applicant?

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Hey Guys,
It appears like every office is kind a slow when it comes to processing the old applications, one of the reason of introducing new system was to probably clear the backlog of old applications. Trackit.com as well as this website gives you some idea on timing it takes to process the application, but you should remember that there are plenty of applicants that do not contribute to these forums. So what’s the real number out there only CIC knows?
The old system I think gives you slight advantage over the new one, some of us would not qualify now, once you get your 67 points and have it well documented you should be granted visa (it may not necessarily be the case with the new system) . It only takes longer, I understand some people’s frustration but when you filed your application I’m sure most of you were aware of the time it takes to complete the process.
I wish all of us good luck!
Cheers,
Gregor

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To add one more to this thread... Its me... Filed my immigration in 2004 Sep, received AOR / File Number in Feb 2005... meaning completed 55 months this month. What am I doing ??? Waiting... Getting Happy with people's immigrations (honestly) specially New cases... Wishing Luck... Hoping every morning that there will be some good news... Getting depressed reading tragic stories... getting Frustrated... :'((

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Hey man4uni,
What office you filed your application?
It seems to be really slow for you sorry to hear that.
Gregor

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
man4uni said:
To add one more to this thread... Its me... Filed my immigration in 2004 Sep, received AOR / File Number in Feb 2005... meaning completed 55 months this month. What am I doing ??? Waiting... Getting Happy with people's immigrations (honestly) specially New cases... Wishing Luck... Hoping every morning that there will be some good news... Getting depressed reading tragic stories... getting Frustrated... :'((
Man, hats off for you. I have been waiting for about 22months and am already getting impatient. The best I am going to be able to do is 36 to finalize my case, if not I will have to finalize it myself (Reject- LOL).

On the other hand, I do appreciate the fact that every individual visualizes his or her future (including that of their family) from a different point of view and perspective.

Good Luck.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
Would somebody here know whether anybody received a documents update letter from CIC London in Sept2009?

From trackit.com it looks otherwise. I hope that is not the end of it for this year.(2009)

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
hi old applicants , I suffered from the same disease " waiting", I was Qsw AND I got my CSQ in 2007 I sent my background check documents needed for that stage and that is 23 months that I am waiting form BC reply but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo answer just ' in process" I sent topics about OLD APPLICATION discrimination problem but at that time it was like that nobody had the same problem to join the topic in this forum.why should I wait 5 years or even more to get to quebec and also canada? I don't have any BC problem as far as I know myself,I had an unauthorized representatived and I claimed my independence and this problem solved but still my Ecas shows ' IN PROCESS" why such applicant like us should not fill a compliment form and send it to canadian embassy?????????????????????.immigration is not a right but obvious discrimination in a modern country is not acceptable ,be sure if we gather together and write a letter to embassies,somthing will happen.this waiting is eternal,with no end,we should move....
I applied form damascus.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
BobbyB said:
man4uni said:
Man, hats off for you. I have been waiting for about 22months and am already getting impatient. The best I am going to be able to do is 36 to finalize my case, if not I will have to finalize it myself (Reject- LOL).

On the other hand, I do appreciate the fact that every individual visualizes his or her future (including that of their family) from a different point of view and perspective.

Good Luck.
I can't resist to pitch-in with my comments to this post as I am one of the old applicant waiting for almost 20 months. I did my medicals 6 months ago and CIC never contacted me after getting all pieces of documents they required and asked from me and that was 6 months ago as well. Looks like there is no rule, just do whatever to the old applicants like they never existed. PCC from several countries, IELTS, State PCCs, statements, pay slips, tax retruns - the whole nine yards- you name it, all completed and sent - but the IO doesn't have time to take a look at mine or your application because he/she too busy.

Just like some others say, I wake up everyday think that there may be a good news today but nothing comes, when I contact them, I get darn old information which is useless for me to judge anything from it.

I applied from the US, I don't get no preference either, I have 15 years of experience in the US, I am on the 38 list but no reply from CIC to decide my app - I see everyday new applicants get the visas and good for them, but what about us? Didn't I completed my time-line already?

Anyways, I don't want to whine about it because there are more applicants who deserve more than me and I am not the only one. But the wait only bring hopelessness, I have plans but cannot execute, time is running out on me, I am in such a complex situation that I cannot even explain because of the damn waiting.

Regards to all...

square111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2009
Guys:

While I was getting impatient with my applications, I came across a website notcanada.com, which makes me rethink whether the effort we put into Immigration is at all worth. Some of us may be very well placed in our jobs in our countries and after all the wait and the effort and putting all our life savings into it, we find ourselves in deep water in Canada not getting the jobs in our own profession and end up just trying to make ends meet!