+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP :(

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
I think that there will be no change. They will just change the system from paper based to Online. If they had to change they should have mentioned these changes with the latest update with the changes in EE. They clearly mentioned 400 CRS requirement in nov 28 update. They could have said that with the new changes made by IRCC we are also looking for some changes in our system which will be released in our next update but we have not seen anything.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
fatani said:
I think that there will be no change. They will just change the system from paper based to Online. If they had to change they should have mentioned these changes with the latest update with the changes in EE. They clearly mentioned 400 CRS requirement in nov 28 update. They could have said that with the new changes made by IRCC we are also looking for some changes in our system which will be released in our next update but we have not seen anything.
Agree. 80% it stays the same, which means that maybe the cut off wont come to 400 CRS hmhm. Why would they leave it like this if the cut off would come that low? OINP would have to lower their minimum requirement score.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
astralsource said:
Agree. 80% it stays the same, which means that maybe the cut off wont come to 400 CRS hmhm. Why would they leave it like this if the cut off would come that low? OINP would have to lower their minimum requirement score.
I dont think that the cut off will fall to 400 in 2017.Minimum It can go down to 425. Getting the scores to 400 level is a long term prediction it will take time with high number of ITAs and with new changes to get the cut off to the level below 450. And we know that there is huge rally of people in the range of 400-449. As the scores never went below and the score is acheiveable fairly easily. It will come down but it will take time. And when it comes down to early 400s I think then they will change their criteria.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
fatani said:
I dont think that the cut off will fall to 400 in 2017.Minimum It can go down to 425. Getting the scores to 400 level is a long term prediction it will take time with high number of ITAs and with new changes to get the cut off to the level below 450. And we know that there is huge rally of people in the range of 400-449. As the scores never went below and the score is acheiveable fairly easily. It will come down but it will take time. And when it comes down to early 400s I think then they will change their criteria.
True..

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astralsource said:
i think they were just trying to inform about the EE changes, they did not mention their EOI will remain the same for new candidates, they said that for candidates who already submitted before the pause.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also i think they will introduce an assessment grid. Only those who get the minimum will be able to submit an EOI. not saying the system willbe harder but it will change in some way.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pawshi said:
At-least, there is an update. I used to check the site number of times in a day. So really felt good after seeing the update after August 2016. May be they would provide another update shortly.

Let's have ray of hope for OINP.

Thank you!
let s hope they do.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
betty44 said:
Also i think they will introduce an assessment grid. Only those who get the minimum will be able to submit an EOI. not saying the system willbe harder but it will change in some way.
I am not sure why they would do that. They need to introduce a grid only if they want to get lower the standard of their pool (get more lenient) further. People between 400-450 are next best after the ones that directly qualify for ITA. If they are able to get them, why would again need to assess the criteria with a different yard stick. Listing out in-demand occupations look like a possibility though, but they could simply do that with current point system itself.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
DEEPCUR said:
I am not sure why they would do that. They need to introduce a grid only if they want to get lower the standard of their pool (get more lenient) further. People between 400-450 are next best after the ones that directly qualify for ITA. If they are able to get them, why would again need to assess the criteria with a different yard stick. Listing out in-demand occupations look like a possibility though, but they could simply do that with current point system itself.
In demand occupations would cut off a lot of people and then it wouldnt be Human Capital Priorities anymore.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Too early to predict that there will be no change to OINP. All they mentioned was about changes in IRCC and OINP CRS seems to remain at 400. Waiting for more updates from OINP, they still need to clear the air.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
DEEPCUR said:
This is their human capital stream. I dont think there will be anything like in demand occupations. Because lots of people want to Ontario they identify it that people wants to come to ontario and stay here and applicants with good human capital will likely be successful in any occupation

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
The latest Ontario PNP update says "
Those who have applied to the Human Capital Priorities Stream must also maintain a CRS score of 400 or above during the processing stage(s) of their OINP application, and during the subsequent federal Express Entry processing stages"

I believe this means for the people who got PT/express of interest earlier (before they paused ) they should maintain CRS Score of 400+.

They did not mentioned new CRS cutoff in the update.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
it is just a thought, remenber most provinces with an online pnp systen have a grid. I think ontario will be more selective now and the grid system is about human capital with extra points for a conection to the province. they could implement a grid system and still be able to call it human capital stream.i know people with enough capital who have made it to SK or NB without claiming points for a conection to the province. All thanks to their human capital score. Cheers.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astralsource said:
In demand occupations would cut off a lot of people and then it wouldnt be Human Capital Priorities anymore.
in demand occupations is not the only way the grid system works. you just have to compare pnps.now the liberals wants people to settle outside of ontario and bc. Lets see what they have in mind.

hopesarehigh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think what they have done by giving update on 28th nov is that they just wanted to do what they said in Feb that in Nov they will give further update. This can be a meaningless update if you think it that way.