+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP :(

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pfse said:
This simple logic ignores possibility that Ontario will stop sending invitations to anyone who have certain EE score, rather they may make it as other provincial programs. Or they may change requirements (i.e. adding strong Ontario ties proof requirement). Who knows.
Ontario is launching it's own mini express entry like system, where you have to register and create profile.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Changes are definitely bound to happen with OINP after all the chaos they had to go thru. Interesting to see what those will be ??

1)Scores going little higher
2)Changes in requirement, may be preference given to people already working in Ontario
3) CEC might be given advantage over FSW
4) Advantage for folks with Family ties in Ontario

All speculations :p, just waiting for official announcement.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
Que Em said:
Changing or adding additional eligibility criteria (other than CRS points) is very much possible (like requirement for strong ties to the province), but here, the main topic is the minimum CRS cutoff OINP might set for its next intake. Anyways, only the time will tell what OINP finally comes up with. :)
wouldnt that be unfair for the outlanders, who don't have any ties to Ontario?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
omarimam said:
Yes and that would be horrible for most of the people.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
astralsource said:
Yes and that would be horrible for most of the people.
Exactly! I dont think this will every happen. Canada need those FSW and Ontario seems to be one of the few who attract them, they cant just ignore that.

Thanks, and best of luck to all of us!

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
omarimam said:
Well, then some other provinces (like BC, e.g.) are even more strict (unfair in that sense) as they need a permanent full-time job offer to be eligible to apply.

I guess, OINP will keep its doors open for the out-land candidates.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
Que Em said:
Well, then some other provinces (like BC, e.g.) are even more strict (unfair in that sense) as they need a permanent full-time job offer to be eligible to apply.

I guess, OINP will keep its doors open for the out-land candidates.
This is exactly what I mean! now if OINP follows the same pattern, out landers without any ties to Canada are "dead in the water".

Thanks

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
omarimam said:
This is exactly what I mean! now if OINP follows the same pattern, out landers without any ties to Canada are "dead in the water".

Thanks
I agree. However, there is a possibility that IRCC might want to shift this influx of out-land applicants from Ontario to the Atlantic provinces (by making access to the Atlantic provinces comparatively easier while restricting/tightening the requirements for OINP, so that OINP picks a majority from those who are either already in Ontario or already have strong ties, relatives, etc). But again, these are all just speculative thoughts.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Most probably, it's going to be a change of around 20 CRS points from the previous requirement, I guess.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Never thought a joke could trigger a serious discussion :p

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Currently I have 440 CRS and if I don't get OINP by February 13, 2017, I'm out of the game ??? with expired PGWP :(