+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP TECH DRAW (HCP) - Feb 08, 2022

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi! I've received the NOI on Feb 22, and I'm working on creating my OINP profile. I have a Bachelor's degree (four years) and Postgraduate Diploma (one year).

In my OINP profile, what should I select for 'What is your highest level of education for which you received an educational credential?'. When I select 'Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees', I'm getting an error stating 'To qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must have a Canadian Bachelor's degree or higher, or its equivalent.'

The other options are as follows:
  • Secondary school (high school)
  • One-year post-secondary program
  • Two-year post-secondary program
  • Three-year post-secondary program
  • Bachelor's degree
  • Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees
  • Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
  • University degree at the Master's level
  • University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level
  • Other
Thanks in advance!
"Two or more certificates..." option

This is a standard notification:
'To qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must have a Canadian Bachelor's degree or higher, or its equivalent.'

As long as you have a Canadian equivalency for your Bachelor's degree, you're eligible to apply under OINP HCP.

monteirotan

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
"Two or more certificates..." option

This is a standard notification:
'To qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must have a Canadian Bachelor's degree or higher, or its equivalent.'

As long as you have a Canadian equivalency for your Bachelor's degree, you're eligible to apply under OINP HCP.
If I select the following options the error vanishes: Bachelor's degree, Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession, University degree at the Master's level, University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level. For the rest, it appears. Guessing it's an error?

yyyy726

Mar 6, 2022
Thanks for the help!!!
I have two more questions:
1. do I need to include my internship in work history?
2. For Arranged Employment (mandatory, if applicable), is this only for LMIA job?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
If I select the following options the error vanishes: Bachelor's degree, Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession, University degree at the Master's level, University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level. For the rest, it appears. Guessing it's an error?
It's not an error. It's a notification !

Thanks for the help!!!
I have two more questions:
1. do I need to include my internship in work history?
2. For Arranged Employment (mandatory, if applicable), is this only for LMIA job?
1) yes

2) this isn't only limited to LMIA based jobs.

fingerscrossed007

Oct 7, 2019
Hi All,

I submitted my application last weekend. I just want to know from your experience how long it takes to go to Assessment stage? and after that DIP state?

Thank you!

Sonam Arora

Feb 27, 2022
Hi folks. I received my invitation for OINP INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STREAM.
Date of invitation = 11-01-2022
Date of submission = 21-01-2022
Date of Assessment = 09-02-2022
I haven’t received any updates after that. Do you guys know processing time for this stream.?

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022
Unfortunately, they don't re-consider the applications once returned as incomplete. Thereafter, the candidate has to apply again from scratch.
Unless, as stated in the email from OINP , the NOI is still valid. If he received incomplete within 45 days he can resubmit another application.

yp7416

Jul 11, 2018
Hi folks. I received my invitation for OINP INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STREAM.
Date of invitation = 11-01-2022
Date of submission = 21-01-2022
Date of Assessment = 09-02-2022
I haven’t received any updates after that. Do you guys know processing time for this stream.?
Hi
I received my invitation for OINP INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STREAM under Targeted occupation.

Date of invitation = 01-03-2022
Date of submission =12-03-2022

Sonam Arora

Feb 27, 2022
Hi
I received my invitation for OINP INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STREAM under Targeted occupation.

Date of invitation = 01-03-2022
Date of submission =12-03-2022
Did your file moved to ASSESSMENT STAGE.?
Mine has moved to DIP Stage today. I am so scared folks.