+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP TECH DRAW (HCP) - Feb 08, 2022

arun9083

Feb 13, 2022
I registered on 11th and got an email confirmation with file number. But since then I am not able to access the portal. It takes me to the home page where I am not able to click on continue. Any idea what could be the issue and how to resolve?

fingerscrossed007

Oct 7, 2019
Hi all, I got the NOI on Feb 8th from Ontario and have a small question. I'm a QA engineer by profession and have selected 2173 as the NOC (since it has 'Test Engineer' as other names). I have both manual and automation experience. I've worked for 3.5 years in company A and 2 years in company B and I'm currently working in company C. I have only mentioned the experience of company A in my Express Entry profile. So when I submit the documents for OINP, is it enough to submit docs for Company A only?
The reason I didn't include experience of company B and C is the difficulty to provide supporting documents as the HR isn't that supportive. I have my appointment, resignation and service letters by company B but they wouldn't provide a reference letter as per the requested format and also haven't provided me with salary slips. I've only been in company C for 2 months. Therefore, is it okay to mention about Company A and provide supporting documents to only that company?
Do I have to mention about company B and C anywhere?
Thanks in advance!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I registered on 11th and got an email confirmation with file number. But since then I am not able to access the portal. It takes me to the home page where I am not able to click on continue. Any idea what could be the issue and how to resolve?
Try switching the browser or use incognito mode in chrome

Hi all, I got the NOI on Feb 8th from Ontario and have a small question. I'm a QA engineer by profession and have selected 2173 as the NOC (since it has 'Test Engineer' as other names). I have both manual and automation experience. I've worked for 3.5 years in company A and 2 years in company B and I'm currently working in company C. I have only mentioned the experience of company A in my Express Entry profile. So when I submit the documents for OINP, is it enough to submit docs for Company A only?
The reason I didn't include experience of company B and C is the difficulty to provide supporting documents as the HR isn't that supportive. I have my appointment, resignation and service letters by company B but they wouldn't provide a reference letter as per the requested format and also haven't provided me with salary slips. I've only been in company C for 2 months. Therefore, is it okay to mention about Company A and provide supporting documents to only that company?
Do I have to mention about company B and C anywhere?
Thanks in advance!
Yes, you need to disclose your complete employment history to OINP. Rather skipping company B& C in work history, you can mention in other activities (a confirmed recommendation). You can support it with a formal explantion and the available supporting documents.

Also, make sure the eligible employment period which you're showing that has at least 1 year of continuous experience within last 5 years. Hope this helps.

fingerscrossed007

Oct 7, 2019
Yes, you need to disclose your complete employment history to OINP. Rather skipping company B& C in work history, you can mention in other activities (a confirmed recommendation). You can support it with a formal explantion and the available supporting documents.

Also, make sure the eligible employment period which you're showing that has at least 1 year of continuous experience within last 5 years. Hope this helps.
Thank you!

fingerscrossed007

Oct 7, 2019

Just to reconfirm. I should submit Company A with full documents in Work History and Company B and C in the Other activities section with whatever documents I have from them (etc Appointment letter, resignation acceptance letter).
Although, in the e-portal, Other activities title says 'Excluding education and paid work', since I cannot prove that I was paid from Company B and C, it is okay to include them here. Is my understanding correct?

My experience with Company A is from November 2015 to March 2019. So it falls under the 1 year of continuous paid full-time work experience in relevant NOC within past 5 years condition. So this should be okay right?

Last edited:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Just to reconfirm. I should submit Company A with full documents in Work History and Company B and C in the Other activities section with whatever documents I have from them (etc Appointment letter, resignation acceptance letter).
Although, in the e-portal, Other activities title says 'Excluding education and paid work', since I cannot prove that I was paid from Company B and C, it is okay to include them here. Is my understanding correct?

My experience with Company A is from November 2015 to March 2019. So it falls under the 1 year of continuous paid full-time work experience in relevant NOC within past 5 years condition. So this should be okay right?
Many people get confused due to the instructional statement of this particular section. That's why I mention in bracjets as "a confirmed recommendation" and that to confirmed by OINP itself.

and YES for the question 2.

mfscv

Feb 17, 2022
Try switching the browser or use incognito mode in chrome

What did you mean by "available supporting document?" If we are not claiming points for some experience, isn't putting it in other activities and explaining in LOE enough? What possible documents can we forward in such case? Thank you!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
What did you mean by "available supporting document?" If we are not claiming points for some experience, isn't putting it in other activities and explaining in LOE enough? What possible documents can we forward in such case? Thank you!
OINP might ask for some proof for the same. 1 or 2 docs would suffice.

mfscv

Feb 17, 2022
OINP might ask for some proof for the same. 1 or 2 docs would suffice.
You mean ADRs when asked right? or should I send these available documents upfront with my application? I am about to submit my application and wasn't adding my documents from experience that I am not claiming points for.