+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Tech Draw 1st August 2019

Sethu510

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
thats just so disappointing to know.
I was under the impression of about 5-6 months max
From the date of eAPR AOR ... 6months for PNP to get Passport Request (PPR) and one month further for Visa stamping & CoPR
From the date of Nomination to get ITA 15days.
From ITA to apply for PR including getting PCC and eMedicals - 15days.

Reactions: monster_yoda

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Finally !!!

NOC: 2173
NOI: 01st August, 2019
Application submitted: 05th September, 2019
Assessment: 30th September, 2019
DIP: 31st October, 2019
Approval: 13 December 2019

I called OINP up yesterday to inquire about my case , they said I'll get approval in a day ; and I did.

Megha_1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Finally !!!

NOI: 01st August, 2019
Application submitted: 05th September, 2019
Assessment: 30th September, 2019
DIP: 31st October, 2019

I called OINP up yesterday to inquire about my case , they said I'll get approval in a day ; and I did.
Many congratulations

Reactions: mlcanada

hypzz

Nov 14, 2019
good luck all who are still waiting for OINP. For folks who already got OINP/ITA - are we using this chat for keeping each other company for the rest of the process? It might be good idea since we are all aug 1 tech draw, so our's is a more homogeneous group in terms of application time/process stages etc.

Let me share my extended timeline:

Aug 1, 2019 : NoI
Aug 26, 2019 : Submitted
Sept 9, 2019 : Assessment
Oct 6, 2019 : DIP
Nov 19, 2019 : Nomination
Nov 27, 2019 : ITA
Dec 6, 2019 : eAOR

Also, i was curious what to expect next, and here's a nice description i found somewhere on another channel and copying here:
original link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/stages-from-aor-to-ppr.496392/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION LIFE CYCLE:

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Note: I was an FSW-Inland applicant and CEC has a similar timeline and structure, but it could be quicker too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sethu510

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
good luck all who are still waiting for OINP. For folks who already got OINP/ITA - are we using this chat for keeping each other company for the rest of the process? It might be good idea since we are all aug 1 tech draw, so our's is a more homogeneous group in terms of application time/process stages etc.

Let me share my extended timeline:

Aug 1, 2019 : NoI
Aug 26, 2019 : Submitted
Sept 9, 2019 : Assessment
Oct 6, 2019 : DIP
Nov 19, 2019 : Nomination
Nov 27, 2019 : ITA
Dec 6, 2019 : eAOR

Also, i was curious what to expect next, and here's a nice description i found somewhere on another channel and copying here:
original link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/stages-from-aor-to-ppr.496392/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION LIFE CYCLE:

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Note: I was an FSW-Inland applicant and CEC has a similar timeline and structure, but it could be quicker too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Further, you can follow the group
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2019-aor-join-here.666708/page-10

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas_mat

Megha_1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Finally got the nomination!!

NOC: 2147
NOI: 01 August, 2019
Application submitted: 09 September, 2019
Assessment: 08 October, 2019
ADR: 21 November, 2019
ADR submitted: 22 November, 2019
DIP: 25 November, 2019

Good luck to those who are still waiting for OINP!!

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
NOC: 2172
Submitted: 05th September
Assessment: 25th September
DIP: 31st October
Approval: 13th December

It’s better late than never.

Reactions: hypzz

kanwaljeet

Jan 7, 2018
Hi All,
I received the Ontario Nomination a couple of days back :-
Submitted: 10th Sept 2019
Assessment: 8th Oct 2019
DIP: 21st Nov 2019

Thanks. This thread was really helpful in keeping my anxiety in check :D

I have one doubt though, I submitted my profile in NOC 2174, however I received the Nomination Certificate for NOC 2173. My EE profile still has NOC 2174. I am not sure why Ontario changed NOC on their own and I two options now.
  • I query Ontario to change the NOC ( Considering I will receive ITA in the next draw this should be done rather quickly)
  • I change NOC in my EE to 2173, as NOC 2174 and 2173 seems to me as overlapping.

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Hi All,
I received the Ontario Nomination a couple of days back :-
Submitted: 10th Sept 2019
Assessment: 8th Oct 2019
DIP: 21st Nov 2019

Thanks. This thread was really helpful in keeping my anxiety in check :D

I have one doubt though, I submitted my profile in NOC 2174, however I received the Nomination Certificate for NOC 2173. My EE profile still has NOC 2174. I am not sure why Ontario changed NOC on their own and I two options now.
  • I query Ontario to change the NOC ( Considering I will receive ITA in the next draw this should be done rather quickly)
  • I change NOC in my EE to 2173, as NOC 2174 and 2173 seems to me as overlapping.
how do u know it is for 2173.I cannot see in my application

NishaKirthi

Feb 1, 2019
Finally nominated!!!!

Submitted:
8th Sept 2019
Assessment: 25th Oct 2019
ADR : 8th Nov 2019
ADR Submitted : 13th Nov 2019
DIP: 13th Nov 2019
Approval: 13th December 2019

Good luck to everyone for speedy nominations

Reactions: hypzz

1104Swati

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
hello everyone
Please share who got nomination last night ?
I haven’t recieved yet and submitted on 12 sept while in DIP since 19 nov.