+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP selection from Express Entry profile

Nikhil1824

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
No bro. @ammar.dubai has said it all. There’s PNP, FSW, CEC and the General draws.
For instance, I am a PNP candidate so I am only eligible for PNP draw or General draw.

The General draw comprises of PNP, FSW and CEC.
Thanks guys for the information, I am very few to the forum I had actually given up on the Canadian immigration after losing 5 points in February because of birthday, this OINP NOI has given a new ray of hope :)

Reactions: Maduka

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Guys!!! I have just received my nomination in my IRCC account and accepted it. Although it will take 24hours to automatically add the 600 points.

NOC:1111
Submitted: June 30th
Assessment: July 14th
DIP: July 20th
Additional Information submitted on July 26th.
Nomination: July 26th.

Thank you guys!
Congratulations my fellow Nigerian. I am on DIP since 24 so waiting for nomination any moment.

gshin89

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Hi Guys,

hope its ok for me to ask couple questions.

i am doing my OINP now and have couple questions.

On OINP, are these 2 the same?
  • Please list all of your established ties in Ontario below (maximum 1000 characters): Mandatory
  • Intention to Reside in Ontario (optional)
I am writing something like letter of explanation for the first one, but then on documents section, there is intention to reside in Ontario again. i can see its optional, so I guess it's for people who went over 1000 characters? please confirm if anyone knows.

Work History
in the last 10 years, other than my current one which I had for 3years and 7 months, and that is the noc code that i got invited with. I had my own business in Australia which failed and is not related to this noc code so i didn't mention it on ee profile. I don't have tax records or anything as I closed and threw them out when I left Australia. would proof of business registration during those period work? i can also get letters from clients to say that i was working with them during those period.

Status Documents issued by IRCC or CBSA (mandatory, if applicable)
lastly for this, does this include student visa?

thank you in advance for help guys, if I get pr and go to Canada, beers or lunch on me for anyone and everyone who gave me advise :)

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
Hi Guys,

hope its ok for me to ask couple questions.

i am doing my OINP now and have couple questions.

On OINP, are these 2 the same?
  • Please list all of your established ties in Ontario below (maximum 1000 characters): Mandatory
  • Intention to Reside in Ontario (optional)
I am writing something like letter of explanation for the first one, but then on documents section, there is intention to reside in Ontario again. i can see its optional, so I guess it's for people who went over 1000 characters? please confirm if anyone knows.

Work History
in the last 10 years, other than my current one which I had for 3years and 7 months, and that is the noc code that i got invited with. I had my own business in Australia which failed and is not related to this noc code so i didn't mention it on ee profile. I don't have tax records or anything as I closed and threw them out when I left Australia. would proof of business registration during those period work? i can also get letters from clients to say that i was working with them during those period.

Status Documents issued by IRCC or CBSA (mandatory, if applicable)
lastly for this, does this include student visa?

thank you in advance for help guys, if I get pr and go to Canada, beers or lunch on me for anyone and everyone who gave me advise :)
Establishment ties and intent aren’t same. In ties, you need to choose or state if you have any family relationship or social connections in ON, while for intent, you need to write why you want to reside in ON and what attracted you to ON. You may want to search on google to see more templates on intent.

In my case, on the OINp portal, from the first question about the ties, I chose social connections from the dropdown as I already have a family friend in ON. I also added his name and contact number and i wrote in one sentence that his my family friend. For the intent, although its optional but I wrote something and uploaded in the documents section.

I did all of these and got the nomination. That’s all I can say for now. You can follow suit.

For that beer, I can’t wait :D
I hope this helps.

gshin89

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Establishment ties and intent aren’t same. In ties, you need to choose or state if you have any family relationship or social connections in ON, while for intent, you need to write why you want to reside in ON and what attracted you to ON. You may want to search on google to see more templates on intent.

In my case, on the OINp portal, from the first question about the ties, I chose social connections from the dropdown as I already have a family friend in ON. I also added his name and contact number and i wrote in one sentence that his my family friend. For the intent, although its optional but I wrote something and uploaded in the documents section.

I did all of these and got the nomination. That’s all I can say for now. You can follow suit.

For that beer, I can’t wait :D
I hope this helps.
Thank you for replying, appreciate it. i guess i will just mention friend's name for social connection too.

Temitope29

Star Member
Jul 19, 2021
Wow. Nice. Tomorrow is NP draw. I hope you get the nomination tomorrow before the draw.
@Temitope29 Any update?
Hi Maduka.
It's still on submitted : 23rd July
Assessment: nil
DIP: nil
I'm really trying not to get worried, when did you get the blue icon was it before or after assessment? I don't know if I should send them a mail.

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
Hi Maduka.
It's still on submitted : 23rd July
Assessment: nil
DIP: nil
I'm really trying not to get worried, when did you get the blue icon was it before or after assessment? I don't know if I should send them a mail.
Don’t be worried and no need to mail them, OINP is probably checking your documents for completeness. Sometimes, once your assessment get delayed like this, the rest stages will be very fast.
I got the blue icon immediately my status changed to assessment.

Relax bro.

Reactions: Temitope29